It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Loves Guns & 2nd Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OK, the President probably doesn't love guns but he doesn't hate them enough to go against the gun lobby which is all that matters as a liberal. Seeing as liberals used to be the party against assault weapons and pro-gun laws. Unfortunately for Republicans that era of anti-gun liberals died out in the 90s. They're just hoping no one notices the Democratic Vice President telling people they don't need an AK-47 to protect their home, but to go out and buy a shotgun.

Though how a society takes multiple gun deaths a day and a school shooting every month without doing anything about it is beyond me. Though you could say that adding armed security guards in schools helps, but not every school can get that luxury. Then there are open carry laws, which invite random bystanders to intervene should there be a gun related incident or crime. Wayne Lapierre said: "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Good one liner. Not entirely practicable. Gangbangers who's job is to shoot people tend to hit innocent bystanders quite often. And they shoot people for a living, they're used to shooting a human target. Let's say the "good guy with a gun" intervenes odds are he'll also hit a bystander. Now you can tell me that the NRA member knows how to handle guns and is a good marksman on a shooting range. But in real life someone who has never fired their weapon at another human isn't going to have the best aim.

Then there's the stand your ground law in Florida which might clash with open carry laws, unless you're white. You should be fine then. (Black woman who was afraid for her life fired her weapon into the air to scare off her husband, claimed the stand your ground law, jurry took 12 minutes, they gaver her 7 years in prison). Just in case some of you commenters think racism doesn't exist. So if two people using the open carry law feel threatened by the other they can shoot each other and before you tell me people aren't that stupid. George Zimmerman followed and shot a teenager armed with ice tea and skittles. Florida legally deemed this non-stupid behavior.

I'm all for guns. For self protection,hunting,sport. I think civilians owning anything more powerful than the US army is a bit excessive. I notice that when people speak of the 2nd amendment they always leave out the part about a "well regulated militia". I think assault weapons are superfluous for civilians as they have no purpose other than war. But seeing as America is all about freedom, civilians who want military level assault weapons should get them. I'd like to add one restriction: They have to join a local militia. Like the reserves, there would be weapons training every few months and a yearly physical which each person has to pass. If they fail they can't use assault weapons and will just have to get normal civilian guns. See how many so called patriots bail out and whine about the injustice of assault weapons.

President Obama has done a few things in his second term with guns, but nothing actually substantial. He's still one of the more pro-gun politicians, especially in the Democratic Party. He's just quiet about it so as to not piss off his liberal base. Point is, whatever FOX news and the Republican Party is saying about how President Obama is gonna take all your guns away is total BS that has been swallowed up by millions. Problem is President Obama has taken so many old republican ideals into his administration, they're having a hard time coming up with a devicive subject to nail him on. I mean other than the Affordable Care Act.

Anyway, this is an old video dating to half way through President Obama's first term, but it sums up this thread pretty well.

edit on 9-7-2014 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: video

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Though how a society takes multiple gun deaths a day and a school shooting every month without doing anything about it is beyond me

Makes perfect sense.

Only a 'liberal' would support making more laws for something that is already illegal.

1. Murder is already illegal. and the punishment dished out to the degree.
2. Why let the GD piece of paper get in the way of making superfluous laws!

Sure why not make more laws that people are going to ignore!.

Banning things by the way is the antithesis of what the world liberal means.

For those who never bothered to look up the words definition.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah, Obama is definitely pro guns he gives them to all of his friends in other countries all of his civil servants and all of his non governmental xyz agencies too. Well, pro gun if the guns are in the hands of his lackeys maybe.

pro second amendment I dunno, Obama has twisted the term "civil militia" into "bunch of terrorists" and nobody, or well few people see a civilian militia as a good thing which is regulatory and protects civilians.

Often the term civilian militia is taken as a gang of thugs with more guns than brains who are more likely to lynch you than do any sort of favour for you. Obama's amended the second amendment to suit him, it's easier to deal with gun owners who don't communicate with one another.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm not a liberal, just someone who respects the idea of an honorable minority and majority working together. Which is rare these days. Did i say to implement more gun laws(aside from my militia idea which only applies to military weapons)? Did i say Murder was legal? Did I ever use the word Ban? Your response is that of a frothing conservative answering to a fictional boogy man liberal.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Fictional 'boogieman' eh ?

Like 'assault weapons' a term coined by politicians who don't know what the hell they are talking about.

I'm not a liberal,

Could have fooled me.

Got their talking points down pat.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

I doubt President Obama has at any given time referred to US militias as a "bunch of terrorists". That sounds like something Rush Limbaugh made up to rile conservatives. People's perceptions of a militia is their own problem. "Well regulated militia" is in the constitution. Not that anyone ever brings that part up.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Most civilian weapons are more powerful than the 223/556 that soldiers carry.
Just because a rifle isn't black and have a pistol grip doesn't make it less powerful.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Most civilian weapons are more powerful than the 223/556 that soldiers carry.
Just because a rifle isn't black and have a pistol grip doesn't make it less powerful.

Yep.

The .308 hunting rifle is one example, and there are numerous examples all the way to the elephant gun.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Obama loves gun eh?

' Just because you have a right doesn't mean you have a right' ! ! ! !

LOL typical double speak.

The Americans right to BEAR ARMS has jacksnip to do with hunting.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I know full well assault weapons is a political term that varies depending on the time and political situation. Which is why I wrote about weapons equaling the US Army. Military level weapons, weapons built for the sole purpose of war. Just because the Republican party has gone off the deep end scrounging for votes doesn't mean they represent all that is conservative. The Republican Party worships Ronald Reagen while ignoring everything he did, because today he'd be kicked out of the party.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Again someone else who mentions the "right to bear arms" with out the idea of a "well regulated militia". He didn't say just because you have a right doesn't mean you have a right. He said the right to bear arms can be REGULATED and has been for like a 100 years:
In a reaction to emancipation, several southern states adopt "black codes" which, among other things, forbid black persons from possessing firearms.
Congress passes a law banning the mailing of concealable weapons.
The National Firearms Act of 1934 regulating only fully automatic firearms like sub-machine guns is approved by Congress.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0

I know full well assault weapons is a political term that varies depending on the time and political situation. Which is why I wrote about weapons equaling the US Army. Military level weapons, weapons built for the sole purpose of war. Just because the Republican party has gone off the deep end scrounging for votes doesn't mean they represent all that is conservative. The Republican Party worships Ronald Reagen while ignoring everything he did, because today he'd be kicked out of the party.

Nobody said assault weapons. You did in your reply

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Though how a society takes multiple gun deaths a day and a school shooting every month without doing anything about it is beyond me.

Should we also ban knives, hammers, motor vehicles, alcohol or cigarettes since those all kill more people? Where does it end? Having freedom means you aren't guaranteed safety. You give up freedom for security. I guess a prison like environment seems desirable to some, not me.

I notice that when people speak of the 2nd amendment they always leave out the part about a "well regulated militia"

The militia being us, the citizens.

Then there's the stand your ground law in Florida which might clash with open carry laws, unless you're white. You should be fine then. (Black woman who was afraid for her life fired her weapon into the air to scare off her husband, claimed the stand your ground law, jurry took 12 minutes, they gaver her 7 years in prison).

That's BS. First of all, there are many Americans of all races who carry. Second of all, she was in the wrong. You don't shoot to scare, ever.

I think assault weapons are superfluous for civilians as they have no purpose other than war.

I sure don't have 20k-50k floating around to buy an "assault weapon" with, not to mention a class 3 tax stamp.

President Obama has done a few things in his second term with guns, but nothing actually substantial.

Not because he didn't try.

edit on 9-7-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I know full well assault weapons is a political term that varies depending on the time and political situation. Which is why I wrote about weapons equaling the US Army.

That was the true purpose of the second amendment.

Not the bastardization of what the modern 'liberal' crowd thinks it should mean.

The entire purpose of it was to have WE THE PEOPLE on an equal footing with the state.

Just because the Republican party has gone off the deep end scrounging for votes doesn't mean they represent all that is conservative. The Republican Party worships Ronald Reagen while ignoring everything he did, because today he'd be kicked out of the party.

Sorry what the eff does this have to do with the topic ?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Again someone else who mentions the "right to bear arms" with out the idea of a "well regulated militia".

Yeah well two people actually need to read the GD bill of rights.

First being the second:

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

That isn't one long sentence separted by a coma.

It is clearly talking about two different things there.

First the militia.

Second the right of the people.

As both are NECESSARY to the SECURITY of A FREE state.

Follow the second with 9th and 10th amendments:

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The enumeration in the constitution, RIghts that have CLEARLY been laid out.

Shall not be interpreted to DENY or DISPARAGE- INFRINGE other ( RIGHTS) retained BY THE PEOPLE.

Enter the 10th:

Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

The right to bear arms the constitution DOES NOT DEFINE their type, their look, their magazine capacity, or how many rounds comes out with the pull of a trigger.

As the people are the soveign power of this country.

Not the STATE.

NOT THE GD MOB.

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well Eric Holder has the answer.

Blast from the past ...

Unite with the team that is restoring America back to its Biblical foundation and proclaiming liberty throughout the land!

Eric Holder tells the truth about his agenda for this nation and you as citizens.

Why Eric Holder Wants to Brainwash the Youth / GUN CONTROL

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

That's BS. First of all, there are many Americans of all races who carry. Second of all, she was in the wrong. You don't shoot to scare, ever.

Yes it is.

The right to bear arms.

The epitome of 'equality'.

Doesn't matter if it's rich or poor, black or white, man or woman.

God created man.

Colt man them equal.

The reasoning behind that saying.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Again someone else just adding words. Did i ever say Ban. I'm just baffled that there are SO many school shootings. The answer is mental health not firearm bans. Knives are used to cut food, hammers for building, motor vehicles for transportation, alcohol and cigarettes for human consumption. So tell me, what primary nature do guns have before firing bullets? Seeing as everything else you listed has a primary use before it kills someone.

Citizens are inhabitants of the US. Not a militia, certainly not a well regulated militia. Militia is defined as followed: a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency. Not just any citizen, especially since not every citizen in armed.

Correct, she was in the wrong. Had she shot him she would've been able to claim the stand your ground law. Yes firing your weapon in the air is stupid, but it's not worse than a manslaughter charge. There are accidental killers in prison doing less time than her. And if you're going to tell me that a black man walking around with an open carry firearm isn't going to be scrutinized more than a white man doing the same. Well hell, you live in some sort of racist free wonderland.
edit on 9-7-2014 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I like this part:

I am all for guns.
Then you list all the ones that you are NOT 'all for'.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I like this part:

I am all for guns.
Then you list all the ones that you are NOT 'all for'.

I AM all for guns.

Doesn't matter what someone wants to own.

The law that covers the ACT of harming or killing someone ALREADY address's the issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join