It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal alien surge.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You may have a point.

I just don't see or know of any solution to this and it sounds, I hate to say it, like the potential start of an epidemic.

TB hasn't "been seen" much in the US for a while.

WHY would you subject your people to such worry and stress UNLESS there was another agenda?

Mark my words: they will be screaming VACCINATIONS for all for H1N1 and TB VERY soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I say we sike them all out and start running into Mexico by the tens of millions. Then when they follow us into Mexico, we run back, shut the door and lock it!

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

I'm in Texas. Plenty of illegals walking around here. I've taken in homeless of multiple races, and have never bothered to ask if they're illegal or not.

It's not for everyone, but it doesn't much bother me. I set out rules, and if they break them, adios.

I tell you what, spreading them out is the easiest way to integrate them into our culture. Keeping them bundled together, keeps them seeing, talking, doing the same things as before they left.

If you can provide a decent environment, then most people will sprout out.

I don't much worry about disease, either. It's the worrying, and lack of nutrition for each individual that makes them susceptible.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I set out rules, and if they break them, adios.

I think our COUNTRY should be allowed to have the same attitude...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

The people of this country can't decide on anything collectively, so I leave all that insanity to the insane, and care about my own business.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid

I set out rules, and if they break them, adios.

I think our COUNTRY should be allowed to have the same attitude...

We do have rules. Unfortunately the person elected to enforce the rules, chooses not to. Therein lies the problem.

How do we overcome a person who is supposed to be in charge of applying OUR Country's Rules, instead he applies his own agenda that does not comply with OUR rules.

Des

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Dem. Rep. Rips Obama: 'Aloof,' 'Bizarre,' and 'Detached'

www.weeklystandard.com...

"He's so close to the border. And let me say this: when I saw, and I hate to use the word bizarre, but under the circumstances, when he is shown playing pool in Colorado, drinking a beer, and he can't even go 242 miles to the Texas border, and plus, if he doesn't want to go down to the border, there's the Air Force Base where HHS is holding some of the young kids from the border. He could at least make that trip to San Antonio, but again, border community leaders wants to see him down there on the border, and I think the optics and the substance of it is that he should show up at the border," said Cuellar. And he had some advice for the White House."If they are worried about putting a face, the president's face, to this human crisis, humanitarian crisis, I think it's worse if he doesn't even show up. Either way, he's going to be tied into this humanitarian crisis. he either can roll up his sleeves and go down to the border, or he can just look aloof and detached and not go to the border, send surrogates down there, and say that he's got everything under control." He adds, "It Just floored me, because if he's saying he's too busy to go to the border but you have time to drink beer, play pool."

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

The people of this country need to stop being naive and think it is all because of just ONE elected person... THAT one "elected" person is a puppet and front man for a MUCH bigger and more pervasive problem that we can't even get most of our citizens to even acknowledge, much less start doing anything about ...

The people of this country WANT secure borders, our federal Government is not doing what the people WANT...

Replacing the "elected" one every four or eight years and re-electing these career criminals in the Senate and House is NOT helping fix the problem!!

Until the majority of LEGAL citizens wakes up and intellectually marches on D.C. and DEMANDS change... it will just continue to get worse...

We are being PLAYED people...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Well you can make believe you speak for all 300+ million people in the country all you want, but that doesn't make it so.

Let's roll with what you're saying for a minute. So you want to keep this arbitrarily divived lines on the earth. Okay.

You're saying we're all being "PLAYED" by people above the president. Check.

So what's the fuss about?

Are you so against the idea of an NAU? There's already agreements in place that are making it a reality, just "long term".

Do you think only the corporations will benefit from these new arbitrarily divided lines on the ground?

I think that's kind of like believing only the corporate oligarchy benefits from the military conquest of our forces, when in fact the petrodollar secures our high standards of living.

Guess what I'm saying is, nothing stays the same, and the terrain is obviously primed with a lot of chaos to lead way to some new transformation. That means either further union, else separation.

I see benefits and detriments to both.

Guess I'm just not so gungho about saving what doesn't even still exist. The US of A as I recall it being as a kid. Not only is the politics a mess, but so are the people. We grow out of chaos. I'm ready to grow some more.

(i'll leave this thread now, you all take care!!)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have not given up on the United States of America... maybe you have...

Maybe you think destroying our sovereignty and letting the entire North American continent turn into a third world sh*t hole is the way to go... maybe some day, decades from now, it will all work itself out...

whatever...

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

For a country that came into existence through gradual invasion, it's a bit rich for some Americans to cry "foul" because immigrants are crossing the border.
What goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

For a country that came into existence through gradual invasion, it's a bit rich for some Americans to cry "foul" because immigrants are crossing the border.

Ugh... I hate this analogy. Yes we are a nation of immigrants, but NO ONE is saying that these people can't immigrate here, legally. We have laws that allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems. But these people BROKE THE LAW. Why is this so hard to understand for so many people?

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Oh please...

This isn't about "what comes around."

It's about people, their lives, their futures, and the fact that you obviously aren't keen on the "facts."

This isn't about a few starving souls crossing a river in hopes of making a better life for themselves and their families.

I have given "those people" food, lodging, and work in the past and those days are LONG gone!

This isn't a "gradual invasion" either: it's thousands being sent or carried to the US ILLEGALLY to further an agenda.

I live in the area affected. I have had "intruders" on my property recently where I hadn't had any in 20 years, I know people who work in the "detention centers" where teens are breeding like rabbits and there is a good chance of highly communicable disease spreading, and you my friend are living in a dream

edit on 9-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: alldaylong

Ugh... I hate this analogy. Yes we are a nation of immigrants, but NO ONE is saying that these people can't immigrate here, legally. We have laws that allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems. But these people BROKE THE LAW. Why is this so hard to understand for so many people?

Do you think Native American Indians where HAPPY when The Europeans arrived on their lands? I would imagine that the majority that are crossing the border now are of European origin.
People who live in glass houses etc etc

I repeat. What goes around comes around.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
update

Representative Henry Cuellar (D., Texas) hasn’t been shy about speaking out against the Obama administration’s handling of the border crisis, and that apparently earned him a phone call from someone at the White House.

www.nationalreview.com...

“Did they tell you to pipe down?” Kilmeade pressed again.

“We’ll just leave it like that,” the congressman repeated. “But notice what I’m doing: I’m still talking about it.”

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
We have laws that allow them to come here, settle, and become a natural citizen without ANY problems.

This is not true. Many choose to immigrate illegally because they don't stand a chance the legal way.

But these people BROKE THE LAW. Why is this so hard to understand for so many people?

This is true but the same law states that they have a right to a hearing before an immigration judge to try and prove that a special circumstance applies to them.
edit on 9-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Kudos to you for being a humanitarian. I have my own degree of humanitarianism myself, and I'm all for LEGAL IMMIGRATION, but with this particular situation, I believe this is as others have said, that this is an invasion to overwhelm our economy, which is why I'm in favor of deporting ALL ILLEGALS in this country. Not just Latinos, I'm talking about ALL of them Latinos ,Polish, German, Irish, Arab, Asian, Russian , African, Australian , ALL of them. Let our economy recover, then start letting more people in through the Legal channels, so as not to damage and overwhelm this countries economy, and so as not to negatively impact the lives of American Citizens.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
And Julian Castro (former mayor of San Antonio) has been confirmed as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development...

Follow the money.

He's young, handsome, charismatic...I don't know him personally but know people who do and they say he WILL be the first Hispanic President!

They say he is a decent man of high standards as well. I have no issue with him.

The wheels have been set in motion...

As I'm sure you know, San Antonio (my backyard) is home to Lackland AFB, one of the largest "holding centers" currently.

Was also just voted #1 city in the US for "emerging young Latinos", the job market, and quality of life.

Pieces of a puzzle...coming together.

edit on 9-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I haven't read through all three pages of posts, so i'm not sure what exactly everyone feels, however i will get to it.

I would like to ask the OP a question. What is our "country"(being the USA), founded on? It sure as hell isn't founded on NATIVE americans, its been founded on immigrants. Yes these immigrants were "legal" and registered, however the roots of these people were not native to the USA.

These people aren't going to be taking our jobs, and in fact, maybe they will take them when you retire. They wont replace you within the next 10 years, however in 30 years? maybe they will. Maybe their kids will have a fighting chance at living the "american dream".

You are a tax payer, i am a tax payer, we all have our own opinions, however these kids coming into the USA OBVIOUSLY don't want to continue a life down the path they are going.

A possible solution would be saying, LETS MAKE THEM LEGAL! You wont have a #ing problem of "backed up" illegal immigrants siting and getting sick if we were to speed up the process of making them legal.

Let these kids live in these places and lets OFFER a visa to live here. Not only would you GENERATE an income in terms of taxes. I have no issues with allowing a "illegal" immigrant to live in my home, in fact I welcome them. If i didn't live in a 1bd apartment with my girlfriend and had a second room to spare, i sure as # would be offering the spare room to these kids.

I once adopted a dog when i was a teenager. Everyone who had told me(my parents managed a resort we lived at) the dog was vicious and no one owned it. People abused it, beat it with golf clubs/umbrella's. The kitchen staff would always leave a bowl of food scraps from that nights dinner for the dog to eat. No one pet it, and often when you walked past it while sleeping/sitting it would growl and attempt to bite you.

I was bitten atleast 15 times by that dog. Not a little bite, all 4 fang teeth sunk into my thigh, calves, arms, hands and stomach. These were bites that were more than jsut a snip/accident. After a year of working with that dog every day, it moved into our home. Yes it had a temper, but i felt the dog was getting old and should live the rest of its life with someone to look out for it. I've gotten in multiple fights with the staff who would hit it because i was determined to help that dog. For 2 years with him, i started allowing close friends to visit him and actually approach him and be friendly. Sure this was a total of 3 years of working with him and getting him to a point where he wouldn't bite not jsut me but strangers and even little 3 year olds(if you've been around a little kid with a dog, you know they are some what rough on them). He never bit another person for the rest of his llife. He would sleep on my bed, and yes at night i'd walk in and not turn on a light and get in bed and he'd growl at me while sleeping but then once he came to, he realized what he had done and just roll over.

The moral of the story is, if you contiously say that they are failures, and contiouiously say they don't belong here or they are unwelcome, you are going to fight this battle forever but yet we can end it right now, if we decided to not turn our backs and instead, hold our head high with our hands and say we welcome them. Society in the USA has grown to a point where "individualism" is a must to survive. For # sakes, next door neighbors barely know each other.

Let these people in, allow them to work, generate your #ing taxes off them if needed, but dont send them back. THEY are making an effort to make a change in their life, so why should we be the people who step on their potential dreams?

For all you know, one of those kids could be the one person who figures out the secrets to manipulate space/time and invest a time machine or a functional warp drive. Society needs to come back together and open ourselves to others.

Last but not least, just because you see spray painted walls and a "penis" tattoo on someone, take a look around the USA. You have some of the dumbest #s here. I'm sorry but our education system is garbage, and we spend the most yet we are ranked in the high 30's of the #tiest education system in the world. Our people are on the 3rd world level of education. I'm sorry but that is far more serious than dealing with immigrants and another reason to allow them in.

Dumb tattoos
Yea the USA isnt spray painted either....

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Like I've stated before, this situation now isn't like the days of old when immigrants arrived at Ellis Island and were in awe of the Statue of Liberty and what it stood for. They had more than a modicum of respect for our land and its people and did their best to assimilate and become a part of it all.

Folks that are focusing on the scenario that is occurring in the present are kinda dreamin. Things are not the same...like comparing apples to oranges.

My family and I have had to move from 2 neighborhoods already because of this invasion so we know and see what is happening on a personal level and I doubt we are the only folks in this country that have endured such. We live in the South and we know of many ranchers that are having a terrible time because of the illegal/immigrant invasion. Garbage and human excrement and dead, eaten cattle strewn about. Good hygiene goes a long way...where is it? Disease ensues and arrives here.

The 2 neighborhoods I mentioned were nice and neat and well kept and peaceful....until the illegal/immigrant invasion arrived at our door step. We'd watch 20 or more folks arrive late at night and pack into a small house, bringing their sleeping bags and such. This happened on a regular basis. Soon, the neighborhood turned into a mess. Brazen immigrant kids throwing food wrappers all over, jumping on peoples nice vehicles, tramping through yards, gardens, etc. Try and scold one and no way it did a good result occur. Whoever the adults were where these folks were staying with didn't care one wit about any of it. These "kids" wondering the streets very late at night...several cars were broken into more than once. Spray can art seemed to pop up like anything.

I feel sorry for any kids that are suffering but that should not mean good citizens should have to put up with crap from ones that show little or no regard for other peoples lives and property. Folks say where is our humanity for not reaching out to them...well, where is their humanity to treat folks here so badly...it should work both ways.

Sure, there may be exceptions but not enough from what we are seeing down South here. Good luck to anybody who wants to take the kids in.

Kids all over the world are suffering. In Iraq, from DU and such...in Africa from hunger. In the Ukraine and in Afghanistan. Kids in Detroit, right here too. I wish I knew an answer to stop all the suffering. This world is all bassackwards and it seems there is no answer at this time.

If Yellowstone goes off, I bet Mexico would solve the border problem to their advantage and not treat us accordingly. If we had no money and nice vehicles and such, we'd find closed borders I bet.

Yes, the Indians were treated poorly. That argument sucks though. Why must we people in the present be made to suffer for the sins of our fathers. If anything, what happened then should teach us to not let it happen to US. There are no easy answers anymore and this entire mess feels contrived in some regards...like deliberate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join