It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just received my US citizenship but the naturalization ceremony has me paranoid. I need ur help ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Admittedly, I haven't been active on ATS for a long time (too much inconvenient truths for me to handle lol) but I felt that I should share the uncomfortable experience I went through during my citizenship interview/ceremony.

During the interview, I was asked "If the law requires, will you be willing to bear arms for the country?" and I answered yes to pass the interview. I shrugged it off, didn't think too much of it.

During the ceremony, all of the new citizens were required to read an oath, which one of the sentences read something along the lines of "I will bear arms and fight for the country if the law requires." It was at this point I was freaked out a little bit.

Then, the ceremony played a video of Obama congratulating us. The very FIRST thing Obama said was something along the lines of "Congratulations, you are now responsible for defending our country." The VERY FIRST SENTENCE. This freaked me the hell out.

It was almost as if they were foreshadowing something like a draft to ACTUALLY happen. I'm very freaked out and paranoid. Please let me know what your thoughts on this are.
edit on 8-7-2014 by CleanCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CleanCare

Men have always been expendable chess pieces to the government.

Welcome to America.

Edit:

A draft is unlikely in my opinion because they would be drafting men that wouldn't be good chess pieces. That's why the government has shifted more to voluntary army. That way there is less of a push back in regard to immoral wars because after all, no one is being FORCED to enter the army.

That's what I think. It's a general message they give all young men in America. You are now officially on call for American led murder(erhm...defense).
edit on 8-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just smile and nod, move on. Be sure to never wage their wars.

Welcome to the country!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Sounded like you joined the army ! If the war starts who will they send first to the battle arenas.. creepy. Intresting point is that born US citizen does not take this oath unless they join the army.. right ?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

When men sign up for draft they take same oath. Technically.

Edit:

You know, that voluntary draft that you have to enter or else you can't get SS or live/survive in the U.S.

LOL

edit on 8-7-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Relax.. thats been the line since the start .. you will find most countries have a clause like that when people become citizens..

Nah they wont have a draft still too many idiots volunteering because they believe the lies and propaganda theyre fed.

Go out have a beer .. better yet several and celebrate your now an official taxpayer..

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You should have just come in the back door. Everyone else does.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
conscripting a bunch of disillusioned folks to defend the machine that enslaves them doesn't make sense..?
maybe i'm missing something...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

understandable.. its army related thing. Draft in my country means that you are going to serve in army ( mandatory to males ) and in draft hearings, you are excused from service if you have appropiate reason like health issues or religious views etc.
its different in US military service is not mandatory unless something happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

First off congrats....2nd that is a bit odd...I do think we will see another draft in my life time however...I wouldnt worry too much unless the world goes to total #. As of now they are trying to reduce the military and even turning away. Years ago they took about anyone where now its actually become competitive.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
You should have just come in the back door. Everyone else does.

Not only that, but they treat you better if you do come in the back door. In today's America, being a citizen makes you second class. They only want your taxes every year and the rest of the time ... shut up, bend over, and take it

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
*sigh*
Defending a slave machine, you mean the one that the OP moved to for a better life obviously? The Right to keep and bear arms(See here), the Second Amendment, is part of the constitution. Where you not familiar with the United States Constitution before your interview? How is this shocking if you were paying attention? Sorry that you didn't know what you are getting into if it's that frightening.

During the interview, I was asked "If the law requires, will you be willing to bear arms for the country?" and I answered yes to pass the interview. I shrugged it off, didn't think too much of it.
- OP
But the fact that you shrugged it off about it too? For shame.

Perhaps that is implied because many people entering the country do not honor defense because culturally they were not raised that way in the country they had left to become "free" in America.

I see a shift not only on this site but the US as a whole, to reject elements of the constitution. Is it so wrong when you come to a country you honor what the country is?

Welcome to America.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

and I answered yes to pass the interview

Pathetic.

Anyway ... welcome to America. You have the right to free speech now.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That portion of the oath was added after WW2 - It's pretty straightforward and you had access to and/or fore-knowledge of the oath you would be asked to take beforehand (another words: no surprise), you even had an out if you really wanted one...

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance

All applicants, both male and female, are asked to certify that they will take up arms or perform noncombatant service in a war effort. If your religious beliefs have changed such that you are no longer able to swear to this part of the oath and have taken up “conscientious objector status,” you will need to provide proof of this and request taking a modified Oath of Allegiance. 1

edit on 8-7-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So, now, really get into some metaphysics and don't follow bad orders or join world of warcraft perpetural hellzone all run by the same cartel on all sides to ensure all souls remain trapped in low level bloodlust and anger/retaliation.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The scary part for natural born citizens? That is all implied already when you are born.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Really means nothings....the same of all us regulars...dont worry about it. A basic explanation is to just say that you are now "willing to support the ideals and freedoms you now attained by becoming an American".

Congrats...dont worry about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Congratulations!!! I respect people that come here through the proper channels. HUGS!

top topics

join