It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockdown: Border Officials Scrambled to Contain a Potential Outbreak

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Biological Hazard in USA
Monday, 07 July, 2014 at 10:31 (10:31 AM) UTC.

Border guards in Texas are on high alert after two child immigrants were confirmed to have swine flu following their interception trying to cross the border from Mexico.

The minors were diagnosed with the highly-contagious H1N1 virus on Friday at two separate military detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas.

Both centres, at Brownsville and nearby Fort Brown, were today on lockdown as border officials scrambled to contain a potential outbreak, placing some 120 people who came in contact with the juveniles in isolation.

It comes days after Texas officials renewed demands that the federal government take further steps to secure the border as waves of illegal immigrants are turning military bases into makeshift settlements.

Medical teams are stationed inside the detention centers to screen for lice, scabies and chicken pox but not everyone gets medical clearance.

National Border Patrol Council Vice President Chris Cabrera said: 'If someone is released and they are symptomatic, it could spread rapidly.'

President Barack Obama is under mounting pressure to stem the rising tide of South and Central American migrants flocking across the border in search of better lives.

Last week, House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul (R-TX) claimed American military bases are turning into 'refugee camps', adding: 'I never thought I'd see this in the United States of America.'

Texas Governor Rick Perry, also a Republican, demanded 'Secure this border, Mr. President' in a separate speech.

McCaul also claimed the President's series of executive actions have made it easier for minors to stay in the country and put them at even greater risk for harm.

RSOE EDIS Event Report

-
OPINIONS: Obama (administration) Policies ... At Work.

AND

FED Employess Will Revolt or Resign ... ( at some point )

edit on 8-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

After the 2009 pandemic of swine flu in the US I'd imagine the population has a substantial level of immunity. On the off chance you're interested;

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died.

From This Source

I understand that some consider Obama to be the Devil incarnate, I'm guessing this is beyond his level of influence and salaried position.

Buy up big on garlic, works a treat.

Kind & best regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

I got pretty sick a few years ago, right around Christmas. I was having difficulty with breathing, sore throat, constantly full sinus passages, not toileting normally (and the less detail about that, the better for everyones day), I could not put food in my mouth without it tasting like ashes, I was feverish, grey of face, the whole nine yards.

I did not go to the doctor, nor to the hospital. I stayed at home, and let my bodies immune response bludgeon the hell out of whatever had laid me low. I was full on incapable of normal operation for a week, and was at about sixty percent of normal levels of vitality for the week before, and week after that.

When I felt much better, I went to my doctors office, and he told me that I had probably been effected by the swine flu virus! Luckily, neither my sister, or my mother caught it, but I think I recall my sisters fiancee at the time (now her husband) also getting sick.

Heres hoping that no one with immune deficiences or a weak constitution gets touched by whatever these children have bought across the border with them!

edit on 8-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: added detail.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This case of a highly contagious variant of H1N1, Ebola outbreak in West Africa with over 1500 confirmed cases, Israel-Hamas conflict, recent activities of ISIS, the volatility of world economies; the perfect storm is forming. One more straw may break the camel's back and I'm betting it'll involve Asia (i.e. India-Pakistan or China-Japan, or a combination of the aforementioned nations). May the Lord have mercy on us all.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Looks like those FEMA camps might get a work out after all.

And they need to get on this quick. Otherwise all those coffins they ordered might have to be used as well.

;p
edit on 8-7-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think that the MSM will keep a cover on this potentially dangerous outbreak until it's to late. Then, of course, some will raise holy hell (FoxNews), while all the others will find some reason to say that this is the conservative's fault.

Yea...let's all play nice and allow diseased people into our country willy-nilly without trying at a minimum to treating them before being released upon a unsuspecting populace.

My solution...'round them up and ship them back as soon as we have a busload. And if that is not doable, make tent cities, within sight of the border, and store them there. Word will get around to the illegal immigrants that they are not welcome here and will be treated humanely, though crappy.

At the same time, unleash a advertising campaign telling every one that they are welcome here, as long as they do it legally and they will be welcomed with open arms.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I think that the MSM will keep a cover on this potentially dangerous outbreak until it's to late. Then, of course, some will raise holy hell (FoxNews), while all the others will find some reason to say that this is the conservative's fault.

Yea...let's all play nice and allow diseased people into our country willy-nilly without trying at a minimum to treating them before being released upon a unsuspecting populace.

WORSE ...

"We have six minors in Nogales who have admitted to killing and doing grievous bodily injuries.

One admitted to killing as young as eight years old," an agent tells Townhall anonymously for fear of losing his job for speaking out.

"They are being held for placement in the U.S."

-
OPINION: Those "In-Favor" COULD get ... BITTEN.

( i.e. Nancy Pelosi )

edit on 8-7-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
With all the diseases being brought over, I hope they control this soon as they are sending these kids in busses to different States.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I feel really bad for the children in all this. I don't know much about all this, but it seems to me that they're being used as pawns.

That off my chest and back on topic: This is scary, but in the grand scheme of things these are all illnesses that are treatable right now. It's not like they're bringing in the Bubonic Plague or something. Chicken Pox and the Flu (even H1N1 variant) are treatable. Sucky and miserable, yes. But still treatable (well manageable at least).

For the record, I think that illegal immigration is wrong. I also think that if you are in a place that is so horrible you are willing to risk sickness and death or kidnapping or slavery to escape it, then more power to you. I know those two opinions don't mesh well, but they're MY mismatched opinions!

Also, regarding the idea of making tent cities... I think that's a horrible idea. It would serve as a big incubator for these illnesses!

Lastly, if I or my family were destined to catch any of these illnesses, like H1N1, I personally would rather this sort of thing happen now, while there is an fairly solid infrastructure and access to medical care. Then at least maybe I'd have built up some sort of immunity. Obviously, some of these illnesses are worse for certain populations like the elderly or young children. I get the concern, I really do... but I also think that whatever happens is meant to happen!

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

I say making tent cities within sight of the border so that illegals can see them and rethink their plan of action. Hopefully, to go back home and change things for the better there.

But let's take this a step further, not to be cruel hearted, but it be seen by many as such, let's also set up crematoriums for those who die from disease on the outskirts of said tent cities.

Sounds a lot like a concentration camp, doesn't it? But it really doesn't have to go that far. It's a PSYOP campaign. You don't have to burn the bodies, though that is the best way of getting rid of pathogens. All you really need is "smoke" coming out of the stacks.

The humanitarian in me says, treat all those who are ill until they are well again and ship them home. But I will be truthful, the taxpayer in me says, "Screw that! We have enough problems at home that we need to take care of first."

Maybe if we just treated all illegals to their own country of origins immigration law, a lot of this would end. I welcome all legal immigrants to the US...illegals?, Not so much.
edit on 8-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MojaveBurning

Obviously, some of these illnesses are worse for certain populations like the elderly or young children. I get the concern, I really do... but I also think that whatever happens is meant to happen!

The elderly, young children and people with diabetes, cancer and other diseases as they cannot fight these things off like most people. To many this could be a death sentence.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This could be a very easy way to gather support for enforcing stricter laws and more assistance on the border. I do Not doubt the official story. Something drastic has got to be done on the Border with Mexico, Its become a super highway for migrating immigrants who dont have the immunization shots the rest of us got when we were children. Which will only result in more disease that was once thought to be irradicated from the US

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The perfect storm, or the world as it's always been?

Is there ever a time when the world doesn't seem as if it could implode, if all of the worst things somehow combined, as if to be in collusion with each other against the species?

C'mon, people, this virus got nothing on the common flu! This is fear-mongering.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
C'mon, people, this virus got nothing on the common flu! This is fear-mongering.

It's not just one virus.

It's Scabies.
H1N1
TB

etc, etc.

People seem to think that the US can handle it...they can't. No country could.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Lol 12,000 people died of the h1n1 and people blow it off like this is nothing. It's only 12,000 of our citizens dead and hundreds of thousands sickened for weeks. They downplay tuberculosis like its not contagious ,yet to the best of my knowledge tuberculosis is extremely contagious. They isolate people with it. This isn't going to end well...

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
With all the diseases being brought over, I hope they control this soon as they are sending these kids in busses to different States.

makes you wonder what they are really up to.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Now imagine these kids were infected on purpose by some shady types posing as health workers knowing that the US wouldn't turn them away and start an epidemic to crumble America from within

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Not to be a buzzkill but every day there are airplane and cruise ship loads of people travelling to and from every single one of the countries that these children are coming from.

The biggest threat is to the other people detained who might be in close quarters with infected persons.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Not to be a buzzkill but every day there are airplane and cruise ship loads of people travelling to and from every single one of the countries that these children are coming from.

The biggest threat is to the other people detained who might be in close quarters with infected persons.

But aren't those people supposed to have inoculations up to date to travel out of the Country?

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I am going to put this thought out there. I know it is very twisted but just another theory. What if TBTB purposely infect a lot of these kids before dispersing them for the soul purpose of infecting the general population?

This entire thing is so sketchy to me....Why on Earth would we be shipping these people all the way up the East Coast for processing??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join