It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramidal Structure on Asteroid 1999-RQ36?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seems ISRO the Indian Space Agency has found a pyramidal structure on asteroid 1999-RQ36. This, if confirmed, could clash our perception about Extraterrestial Civilizations out there. Frankly I still haven't found the footage on ISRO website, however this is the Youtube video.

Hmmm..... The Youtube Channel, Ufoexposed, is quite suspicious.... We need some confirmation from the source...
edit on 2-7-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What is that?

Found this...Same Asteroid?

When it comes to visiting asteroids, NASA doesn't pick run-of-the-mill space rocks. The target of NASA's latest asteroid mission is not only thought to be rich in the building blocks of life, it also has a chance — although a remote one — of threatening Earth in the year 2182. The asteroid 1999 RQ36 is the target of a new unmanned spacecraft, which NASA plans to launch in 2016 to collect a sample from the space rock and return it to Earth by 2023.

NASA are interested
edit on 2-7-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Its a MONOLITE !
Seems like there is a lot of traffic out there...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken
Soooo, just to put this out there: The actual name of the asteroid is "101955 Bennu"; (101955 Bennu Wiki here); so named after the Bennu bird, of ancient Egyptian fame (Bennu Bird Wiki here; which is of course directly related to the pyramidion-shaped Benben, or capstone (Benben Wiki here).

If this footage turns out to be legit; I'm gonna have a synchronicity attack!

Final synchronicity: This asteroid, which has the highest chance of smacking into us here on the ol' mudball, was discovered by the LINEAR Project on September 11, 1999 (!)

edit on 2-7-2014 by EzekielsWheel because: derpa derp!

edit on 2-7-2014 by EzekielsWheel because: durrrrr!

edit on 2-7-2014 by EzekielsWheel because: doiiii!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's the youtube poster's blog entry about it, but no more info on source.

Linky

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What is that?

Found this...Same Asteroid?

When it comes to visiting asteroids, NASA doesn't pick run-of-the-mill space rocks. The target of NASA's latest asteroid mission is not only thought to be rich in the building blocks of life, it also has a chance — although a remote one — of threatening Earth in the year 2182. The asteroid 1999 RQ36 is the target of a new unmanned spacecraft, which NASA plans to launch in 2016 to collect a sample from the space rock and return it to Earth by 2023.

NASA are interested

Yes, the same asteroid, but I really want to see the source of the footage... otherwise It could be an elaborate hoax.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm calling forgery on this.

Based on the pictures I've found (through a scientifically induced, 10-minute Google search), I can see the spot on this meteor does not reflect what this video suggests.

Moving on...

link   
At 36 seconds it looks like King Kong.

NASA added in the creepy music to spook people? Or is that from the youtube poster who wants to believe. On this one the jury is still out, and not only out, but has gone home, cooked dinner, and turned out the lights.
edit on 2-7-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm officially impressed if this turns out to be real ! However it looks way too good to be true.

link   
The NEOSsat en.wikipedia.org... exist and it is a joint venture Canada/India, but I can't find nothing on ISRA website...

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Dang! NASA calls the Mission on 1999-RQ36.... OSIRIS REX!

Really?? Osiris...pyramid... wth??!!

The mission's leaders spent a long time surveying possible destinations for the mission, and finally settled on 1999 RQ36. NASA calls the mission OSIRIS-Rex, which is short for Origins-Spectral Interpretation-Resource Identification-Security-Regolith Explorer.

edit on 2-7-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
According to an article on Tech Crunch from 2010, it was being reported:

There’s a 1-in-1000 chance that the asteroid, called 1999 RQ36, will strike the planet. (The next most likely asteroid has a 1-in-250,000 chance to hit the planet.) They’ve even pinpointed a specific date that this will all go down: September 24, 2181.

The asteroid is now know as 101955 Bennu and according to it's Wikipedia entry:

A recent dynamical study by Andrea Milani and collaborators has located a series of eight potential Earth impacts between 2169 and 2199. The cumulative probability of impact is dependent on poorly known physical properties of the object, but is not higher than 0.07% for all eight encounters

We may not have to wait until it potentially crashes into us to see if there's anything interesting on it since NASA has a planned mission, OSIRIS-REx to obtain a sample of the asteroid in 2019 (launching in 2016, returning in 2023).

EDIT:

It's currently in 3rd place on the Palermo Technical Impact Hazard Scale right behind 99942 Apophis. Also, that resolution in that video suggest that the imaging was done from a relatively close proximity and as far as I can find, nobody has done a flyby for which that video could have come.

I'm calling it a hoax.
edit on 2014-7-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It looks like a giant garnet imbedded in the asteroid.

If there is something on it, I am willing to bet that is all it is, although a big deal in itself..

A giant jewel of some kind..

Awesome!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

I went to this site from India and found nothing except news about a mission that will be sent to the planet in 2016 and take four years to get there. The video is obviously done from a very close range (in astronomical terms). That would near approach would undoubtedly have been included in a mission that also buzzed another body. All in all, I find nothing to support the video.

www.brahmand.com...

Much of that stuff done to wayward places are collaborations between nations. So If NASA doesn't have anything on it, don't bet the farm on the video.

That assessment said, some very strange characteristics of asteroids and comets have had the scientists shaking their heads in wonder for the last several decades. But as with the mysterious grooves unexpectedly found on Phobos, the larger moonlet of Mars, some things are not for you to know. I mean, it would be tantamount to acknowledging UFOs!

edit on 2-7-2014 by Aliensun because: add link

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm afraid this is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
Seems ISRO the Indian Space Agency has found a pyramidal structure on asteroid 1999-RQ36. This, if confirmed, could clash our perception about Extraterrestial Civilizations out there. Frankly I still haven't found the footage on ISRO website, however this is the Youtube video.

Hmmm..... The Youtube Channel, Ufoexposed, is quite suspicious.... We need some confirmation from the source...

Arken seriously the ONLY sites that show the asteroid looking like that are ufo sites does that not ring alarm bells with you

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Battlefresh

Got anything that shows or can help back up the hoax claim?

You could be right.

Just waiting to see if anyone can prove or disprove that there is a strange anomaly on the asteroid.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

To disprove it all you have to remember is that there is no ship or telescope that could have gotten this footage. Who filmed it, GoogleAsteroid?

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

pds.nasa.gov...
Asteroid (101955) Bennu was discovered in September 1999 by the LINEAR survey and designated 1999 RQ36. It is an Apollo Near-Earth Object (NEO) with a semi-major axis of 1.126 AU, an eccentricity of 0.205 and an orbital inclination of 6 degrees.

Discovered 1999 Sept. 11 by the Lincoln Laboratory Near-Earth Asteroid Research Team at Socorro.

Bennu was an Egyptian mythological figure associated with Osiris, Atum and Ra. This minor planet is the target of the OSIRIS-REx sample return mission. OSIRIS-REx's Touch-and-Go Sampler evokes Bennu's image as a heron. Name suggested by Michael Toler Puzio (b. 2004) via a naming contest for students.

JPL Images

Shape model and surface properties of the OSIRIS-REx target Asteroid(101955) Bennu from radar and lightcurve observations

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
edit on Wed Jul 2 2014 by Jbird because: ex tags and link

Thanks MOD!
edit on 7-2-2014 by jrflipjr because: Hail to the MOD!

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've done a search for the original footage but found nothing , I do believe this links back to ufosightingsdaily and scott waring which would make it a hoax.

edit on 2-7-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join