It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is playing the pro-gun nuts symphony

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Obama administration isn't trying to get your guns...

They are simply batting the hornets nest.

Once the economy collapses, and it will, martial law will be put into effect.

And if the pro gun "from my cold dead hands" crowd get workwd up enough beforehand, the administration will seem more justified in using lethal force on citizens.

They want you good and angry and ready to shoot.

When martial law goes into effect, the angry, bloodthirsty gunmen citizens of America will help implement a system of control unseen since the Nazi party.

The gun activists missed their chance to rise up decades ago, because they were too cowardly and lazy. Now, they are hopelessly outgunned.

When martial law goes into effect, our best bet would've been nonviolent protest.

But, those few gun-toting maniacs screaming "from my cold dead hands" will force us to pay a great price.

You missed your chance, and Obama has you right where he NEEDS you...

...angry, clutching your boom-stick.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

Which is pretty much the same thing you are doing.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

It really depends on many factors. With the track record of wars if not won then lost against 3rd world countries what makes you think they will fare better against all the vets who know a thing or two about all kinds of ways to make control freaks uncomfortable.

Let us hope it never comes to that for there may be many on both sides surprised,

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Which is pretty much the same thing you are doing.

And really I am screwing up by posting, because what you said is enough said.
Star on your post, AM!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If Obama really wanted gun control, he should have pushed for deregulation. Anything this guy does gets an opposite reaction from the right and they would have thrown the 2nd amendment away faster than you could blink.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

But, those few gun-toting maniacs screaming "from my cold dead hands" will force us to pay a great price.

Guns are the teeth behind the Republic. They are what has kept you free, not the cause of the police state now building. The real maniacs want you servile.

You missed your chance, and Obama has you right where he NEEDS you…

…angry, clutching your boom-stick.

I'm clutching my keyboard, not shooting up the hood.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Are you trying to stir up the anti gunners for stars and flags?
Or just taking a poke at those of us who believe we have a right to protect ourselves and our families? Cause' that seems the only point to this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

So the gist of your post is that, after the economy collapses and Martial Law goes into effect, we should sing "we shall overcome" and that will prevent a Nazi-like regime.

How would peaceful protest stop fascism? Wouldn't the fascists send the protestors to the great many FEMA camps we've heard so much about? Sounds like you'd rather have folks peacefully walking to their executions than fighting for their existence.

OP, I'm just not sure of what it is you are trying to get across.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
If Obama really wanted gun control, he should have pushed for deregulation. Anything this guy does gets an opposite reaction from the right and they would have thrown the 2nd amendment away faster than you could blink.

That's not the way this thing works. Otherwise deregulation of certain substances would result in a decline in usage.....but it wont.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Please hear me out.

Threads like this remind me of all the "George Bush Wants Martial Law!" threads from a few years ago... Yeah, I really thought he had some nefarious plan to stay in office forever! LOL So I understand how those on the right think Obama is some sort of fascist dictator who will force martial law and take over the world! (the exact same thing was said about Bush)... Even down to the FEMA camps! LOL We (anti-Bush people) were SO afraid of him! Much like the right is afraid of what Obama's true intentions are, now.

They will all be so surprised when Obama's term is over and someone else gets voted in. No doubt there will be talk of the new president being a fascist dictator who wants to take our freedom away and one side or the other will fear and loathe him (or her).

What a silly game we play! My guess is that Obama cannot WAIT to get out of office and step away from the insanity that is Washington DC and the governing of this mixed up and screwed up country!

By the way, the gun-toting maniacs (as you call them) have ALWAYS been hopelessly outgunned. Of all the gun owners in the US, only a small portion of them are the type who are ready to join an armed rebellion and fight the government. Most gun owners just want to protect themselves in their homes and/or do a little hunting now and then. The gun-toting maniacs (as you call them) are a very loud and brazen minority.

I do agree with your statement:

HauntWok, I agree completely!

edit on 6/23/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You missed your chance, and Obama has you right where he NEEDS you...

And where exactly is that? I don't think Obama even knows what Obama is doing at this point. The only thing this guy does well is piss people off, screw up everything he touches, and play golf. But he does have his phone and a pen so who knows......

edit on 6/23/2014 by SpaDe_ because: .....

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I don't think you really understood HauntWok's post.

If Obama did something, the right wants the opposite. It has nothing to do with what the CITIZENS would do. To make your analogy work, if Obama deregulated the substance, THE RIGHT would want the opposite.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I understood him. What I am saying is that the supposition is wrong. The gun folks wouldn't disarm just to do the child psych opposite of what the president wants. The folks that are adamant about the 2nd are so for reasons that go way beyond what would be required to make the above point. The reason that 2nd amendment supporters are associated with right politics is just that... politics. Who's pulling. The same folks also know that the republicans are full of slick.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Sooo, we should just lay down and be ruled by 0bama and the Govt.

What a great plan.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Are you trying to stir up the anti gunners for stars and flags?

That backfired.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
I understood him. What I am saying is that the supposition is wrong. The gun folks wouldn't disarm

I know. The citizens wouldn't disarm, but the right (the Republicans in Congress) would throw away the second amendment in a second if Obama wanted deregulation. That's how I took the post, anyway. You could be right, though.

I guess maybe HauntWok should come on and explain his/her post further, huh? LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Nope,ain`t gonna happen,unless the Republicans feel a threat to themselves and even then the losses at the polls will straighten it out.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Actually, if the president came out tomorrow and made a statement that he wanted to make guns easier for everyone to get, the right including the pro gun crowd would be screaming that he wanted to legally arm all the criminals.

They would be pushing for harsher regulations by the end of the day, just to spite him.

Don't act like its not true, you know it is. The right has a viceral reaction to literally EVERYTHING Obama does.

The proof is the health care law. That's just a repackaged Romneycare, and look at that. The right originally came up with it, but the left adopted it and ban, instant reversal of view.

I'd bet the national debt that if Obama adopted all of the right wings platform they would fall over themselves trying to backpeddle their own positions

I personally would find it hilarious.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree. The hatred and fear towards President Bush is now mirrored in the Obama era. It is clear that Obama would like to institute an assault weapon ban. We had an assault weapon ban before -- which was supported by Republicans Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan (see: en.wikipedia.org... ) But the effect of the ban was insignificant (see wiki link), so it was allowed to lapse. I don't really feel a new ban would make a difference, except to deny some people the ability to buy over-priced weapons. When we have these mass shooting, the killer is usually armed with multiple weapons anyway. a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Threads like this just make me shake my head. Oh...the stereotypes!

Most 2A advocates are not "angry, bloodthirsty gunmen citizens". They are normal hard-working people from all walks of life and classes. They are educated and well-versed in the REASONS this right was #2 on the list.

Most gun owners and 2A advocates don't wear it on their sleeve and spout the "cold dead hands" meme like a bunch of blustering thugs. They quietly embrace their constitutional right and all the liberal whiny drone bees can quote statistic after statistic and scream and throw tantrums all day long, but American 2A advocates will be the ones truly protecting their right to talk like idiots. A 2A advocate truly KNOWS the real reason WE THE PEOPLE have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms. There are probably 300 million guns in US households. Most people have them safely secured and they and their children know the rules of safety and abide by them.

The few that abuse and misuse are in the minority and THAT minority cannot be allowed to tamper with the 2A. We have already allowed too much nudging away from our rights. (Look up the Nudge Theory....BO is a big fan of it.)

An unarmed populace are subjects, not citizens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join