It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence that's convinced me of ETs' Presence on Earth

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
An FYI for ZetaRediculian and occamsrazor. If you read the very first sentence in the OP you will see the words "in my opinion" I also say "I'm" 100% convinced. They aren't the only UFO or ET incidences I'm aware of but for the purposes of keeping the thread readable I just posted the best ones, again in my opinion, that I could think of. You two have done nothing but be condescending at every possible opportunity. Expressing your opinion is fine, but post after post trying to ridicule me and others on the thread is unbelievable. Please find another thread to troll. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: astech
Just because qualitative information cannot be quantified to fit an existing paradigm does not mean ETs haven't visited Earth.

What kind of evidence would be required to prove it true or false?

Which has nothing to do with anyone's argument. The argument is this is not evidence of ET visitation. The argument is that there is no "qualitative information" in favor of ET visitation, yet those like the OP label them having been here as fact.

What if I don't care if you believe or not...

If I have seen an alien and come on this forum to share that with others, why do you stick your big fat nose into where it is not welcomed?

Are you here because you are interested to listen or be a thorn in the side of the folks that wish to share with others?

Grow up and get a life fella...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: astech
Just because qualitative information cannot be quantified to fit an existing paradigm does not mean ETs haven't visited Earth.

What kind of evidence would be required to prove it true or false?
I can't explain every conceivable evidence which would be proof to my satisfaction, but let's say I'd find this a whole lot more convincing than a tiny light in the night sky coupled with some false radar returns:

That's a computer generated scene made by a studio, but if it was real, it would be pretty convincing if it flew over a major city where millions of people could see it like that.

Actually after telling a family member about seeing an alien up close, she told me that she, her son and then her husband that returned from the store all saw a flying disk craft fly low over the shopping center and the neighborhood where there were hundreds of witnesses.

Oddly enough they did not see any report on the TV or hear of any report on a radio or find it in any news paper!

I would like to understand why there are people on this forum that attack others that share their story?
Could it be that they enjoy being the asshole as a way of entertainment?

edit on 25-6-2014 by waltwillis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sharted

You two have done nothing but be condescending at every possible opportunity. Expressing your opinion is fine, but post after post trying to ridicule me and others on the thread is unbelievable. Please find another thread to troll. Thanks

Can you point out what was condescending and where I ridiculed anyone? I have disagreed with you, sure, and I tried pointing out what I disagreed with. I think I have expressed quite clearly that people are free to believe as they wish and are free to interpret their own experiences. Pointing out factual errors and bad math is acceptable.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: waltwillis
What if I don't care if you believe or not...

quite frankly, you shouldn't

I have seen an alien and come on this forum to share that with others,

That's pretty cool. I believe that saw i god at least once among other things but I like to keep some things to myself.

why do you stick your big fat nose into where it is not welcomed?

That was uncalled for.

Are you here because you are interested to listen or be a thorn in the side of the folks that wish to share with others?

Personally I am here because I wish to know why people are convinced of alien visitation. Its something I think about a lot.

Grow up and get a life fella...

again, not cool
edit on 25-6-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Found an interesting video about NASA's theoretical warp drive spaceship, the IXS Enterprise.

See the video here: youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

You two have done nothing but be condescending at every possible opportunity. Expressing your opinion is fine, but post after post trying to ridicule me and others on the thread is unbelievable. Please find another thread to troll. Thanks

Can you point out what was condescending and where I ridiculed anyone? I have disagreed with you, sure, and I tried pointing out what I disagreed with. I think I have expressed quite clearly that people are free to believe as they wish and are free to interpret their own experiences. Pointing out factual errors and bad math is acceptable.

This is condescending and insulting:

"Yes, I was always taught that I had to show my work but let me take a stab at the math being employed here.

The universe is big. Lets call that U. We exist so we have a sample size of one out of a big U. There are exactly Zero confirmed known aliens. So (U+1)/0 = Advanced civilizations Visting.

Here is another. There are 20 cases presented that might represent alien encounters. It is pointed out that much of the info is wrong but who cares because one of them is probably true.
so 20 unknown values. One HAS to be something we don't really know actually exists because they are cool. Way cool."

I will also point out that we can't even send probes to other planets beyond our own solar system, so to say that we've not found life elsewhere is a moot point. Mathematics, more specifically probability, suggests that life does exist in abundance in the universe. Of course, I can't prove it but you can't prove otherwise, other than saying we haven't found any yet. To say that not one amino acid has formed in the trillions upon trillions of other planets is incredibly naive and narrow minded. Look at extremophiles on Earth, they can live without sunlight and even in sulphuric acid. There was even a cave found in Alaska recently with freshwater that had been sealed off from the outside world for 1 billion years, and it had microorganisms in it. It comes down to belief and I do believe. Others believe too. You don't and that's your choice but I'm not trying to force you to believe am I? I'm just expressing my thoughts and it seems as though many agree with me. People also disagree with me but using sarcastic comments at every possible opportunity is pointless.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Sharted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
Well considering those percentages are an accurate reflection of generally accepted cases of ET encounters, this may indicate that alien encounters are operational in those margins, ie purposely being elusive. In this case, it would extremely difficult to supply concrete evidence to prove it was ET - one reason I don't foresee the type of encounter you describe as being more sound evidence actually occurring in the near future.

I agree that the subjectivity of a personal experience may influence the truth behind the matter. If an ET experience is encapsulated in space and time to a specific person, regardless of what is going on or how the situation is viewed, it still can be viewed as 'alien' to some degree, especially if it does not conform to the current mind state of the person experiencing it. It might even be a predetermined event with expected results, depending on the technology or intelligence used to create it.
edit on 25-6-2014 by astech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"Yes, I was always taught that I had to show my work but let me take a stab at the math being employed here.

The universe is big. Lets call that U. We exist so we have a sample size of one out of a big U. There are exactly Zero confirmed known aliens. So (U+1)/0 = Advanced civilizations Visting.

Here is another. There are 20 cases presented that might represent alien encounters. It is pointed out that much of the info is wrong but who cares because one of them is probably true.
so 20 unknown values. One HAS to be something we don't really know actually exists because they are cool. Way cool.

Sorry but that is pretty much what you stated. You jump to a conclusion and stated it as a mathematical fact. It is not. And in another instance you state that even though your presentation may be inaccurate, you don't care because one has to be true. I find the reasoning poor and just plain wrong. I used humor to point out the poor quality of your statements. I apologize.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Mathematics, more specifically probability, suggests that life does exist in abundance in the universe.

This is a completely inaccurate statement. I know of no math or probability that suggests life exists in abundance in the universe.

Of course, I can't prove it but you can't prove otherwise, other than saying we haven't found any yet.

Yes, we have not found it yet. In other words, it is not a known outcome as of yet. There is no statistical math or probability that can determine an outcome based on a sample that is void of the very outcome you are trying to determine. If it is not known to occur, there is no way to say how likely it is to occur.

If you use us as the only data point of life existing, you then have a sample of one species that doesn't know if they get past their own moon yet. Saying "life exists out there and is a statistical certainty" can be debated, but saying "intelligent life is out there and traveling the stars" is just imagination and speculation at best. There is nothing wrong with that but that is what it is.

It comes down to belief and I do believe. Others believe too. You don't and that's your choice but I'm not trying to force you to believe am I? I'm just expressing my thoughts and it seems as though many agree with me.

This is a basic statistical concept and has absolutely nothing to do with my personal beliefs about life existing in the universe. in fact, I have stated here in this thread that my personal belief is that life exists out there.

What I am saying is that we don't know but what we do have is belief. I believe that life exists on other planets. I believe its possible that we have been visited. "Likelihood" can not be determined because likelihood requires known outcomes. Aliens visiting or even existing is not known. I am just distinguishing my personal beliefs from mathematical concepts. There seems to be a lot of confusion around this area.

Are We Alone In the Universe? New Analysis Says Maybe

arxiv.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: astech

I think the person experiencing an encounter would be better positioned to decide whether it was alien or not.

Apply that logic to real life. Watch the videos posted on this forum and the people convinced an object is intelligently controlled. Then watch skeptic members post and give a rational explanation laying out photos of examples what the object most likely is. Be it birds, balloons, bugs, meteor, satellite, etc. Remove the video from their incident and you have a person, or people, convinced of what they saw was an intelligently controlled craft. They will continue to tell this "alien" story the rest of their lives. It's only after it's objectively viewed through the eyes of others is when it becomes an Earthly explanation. Most UFO incidents don't have the luxury of a video. So, you can't realistically rely upon personal interpretations.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This alien theory is kind of new for me. But I believe they are here. I have no proof. Just logic. I believe they are watching our progress and treatment of each other. I think until we stop killing each other, we will be quarantined and not allowed to progress to other worlds. I think they have given us technology in spoonfuls to see what we do with it. Also, I really believe our diseases have something to do with their hesitation. Why would they want to spread those to the universe?

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

This alien theory is kind of new for me. But I believe they are here. I have no proof. Just logic. I believe they are watching our progress and treatment of each other. I think until we stop killing each other, we will be quarantined and not allowed to progress to other worlds. I think they have given us technology in spoonfuls to see what we do with it. Also, I really believe our diseases have something to do with their hesitation. Why would they want to spread those to the universe?

You are correct, but there is more then one specie of alien and some are not alien as we think.

Our stupid government has allowed the bad ones to join them in the quest for power.

It may be too late to stop the self destruction of a nuclear world war.

Hope you are not in a major city when the SHTF !

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
sadly , everything the OP posted was cherry-picked cases of UFO phenomena thats also been altered so much it turned out to be a mythology instead of facts..

anything related or tainted with this 'roswel' crap is junk and bunk..

my suggestion to the OP is to get started in studying UFO cases from all over the world and not just USA..

UFO phenomena exists , but there is no single shred of evidence that UFO is extraterrestrial .. N O N E

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Any number of possible, rational explanation of this type of occurrence, unless purely verifiable, can be seen as flawed as the initial promise of it being ET.

The person experiencing an event is better positioned because they can exert or be influenced by certain perceptions comparatively to somebody who isn't.

Either way you look at it though, the person could be wrong.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Charles Hall - the tall whites.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

they have been here a long long time...plenty of evidence backing it up..good thread op

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

so 20 unknown values. One HAS to be something we don't really know actually exists because they are cool. Way cool.

Sorry but that is pretty much what you stated. You jump to a conclusion and stated it as a mathematical fact. It is not. And in another instance you state that even though your presentation may be inaccurate, you don't care because one has to be true. I find the reasoning poor and just plain wrong. I used humor to point out the poor quality of your statements. I apologize.

You think it's wrong, that's fine, but please stop posting the same old crap each and every time. Many people agree with you but more are pleased with the thread. Why can't you let it go. It's clear that nobody cares for your sarcastic comments. However, I'm sure you will keep returning and ridiculing at every possible opportunity. So I'm done arguing with you. I didn't make this thread to argue about pedantic comments. It's immature and achieves nothing other than trying to demean those of us who do believe. You won't convince others who believe so why bother? Whether their belief has no evidence is irrelevant, it's their belief not yours.
edit on 26-6-2014 by Sharted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

You think it's wrong, that's fine, but please stop posting the same old crap each and every time. Many people agree with you but more are pleased with the thread.

I don't think its wrong, it is wrong. I repeat the same thing and try to explain a basic concept in different ways so that it sinks in. I have a problem with people propagating this type of erroneous information as if its fact. I'm not here because I want people to agree with me. If I wanted stars, I would make up stuff about how alien visitation is a fact. Not hard to do.

Why can't you let it go. It's clear that nobody cares for your sarcastic comments

I enjoy them.

However, I'm sure you will keep returning and ridiculing at every possible opportunity.

I am pointing out that you are making incorrect statements about math and probability. There is no really nice way to do that but I tried. Get over it.

You won't convince others who believe so why bother? Whether their belief has no evidence is irrelevant, it's their belief not yours.

Yes, I have made similar comments as well. People are free to believe as they wish and interpret their own experiences however they want. I have my own experiences and interpret them a certain way. What I don't do is insert those beliefs as facts and label others when they disagree.

Again, I have not ridiculed anyone for their personal beliefs or experiences and have done quite the opposite. Another one of my campaigns is to get rid of the notion that people who see UFOs are morons or have mental health issues. What I have done here is pointed out that those ideas are false and have also pointed out your horrible math. Sorry.
edit on 26-6-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hi mate.

Like I said earlier in the thread you put some effort into creating this thread and I have starred and flagged it as you write clearly and concisely and credit for putting up a thread that has stimulated a lot of debate.

Now you may think that some of us on here are just out to de-bunk things and slam down anyone who believe in aliens. This is actually far from the truth. Many of us do believe in life out there. There is a mountain of evidence to consider. However, of all the 'evidence' in the public domain none of it is 'proof' of aliens coming to earth or even existing elsewhere in the universe.

So you are quite entitled to stand by your 'beliefs' but understand that without any 'proof' people will question those beliefs. Many of us think there is something to the UFO phenomena but we are yet to be convinced exactly what the hell is going on.

So I would encourage you to keep posting and writing threads but also be prepared for people with a differing point of view on things. Know your enemy LOL!

There's a guy out there called Dr. Michael Shermer who is a true skeptic not a debunker and he presents a very good case here about making claims against the evidence available. He make a lot of sense to me and many people on here will use this same methodology when addressing a post similar to yours.

It's your choice whether you want to watch it or not of course. But as Mr Shermer says at the end "Science is the best thing ever devised for understanding the world..."

I look forward to more of your threads by the way.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join