It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Distortion and Incompleteness of Exoteric Religion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

But going from one extreme to the other is not the answer. Since the subjective/objective dychotomy is false, it is both inner and outer, just as our minds are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

The answer is not about going from one extreme to another, it is merely comprehending that both extremes are apart of the same construct. To be conscious of them is not the same as performing them, it's merely being aware of their existence and comprehending that they are both possibilities. Is it not so? The answer would be to find the absolute balance in between both extremes as to free ones self from being swayed to either. That is true freedom.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Agreed, both extremes are part of the same construct. That's why the individual who seeks internal answers externally is not the problem. The construct is able to accomodate that individual, who may very well be limited by his psychological type. No single approach to the construct works for every psychological type of person. That's why an exoteric layer and an esoteric layer are necessary.

edit on 128WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Agreed, both extremes are part of the same construct. That's why the individual who seeks internal answers externally is not the problem. The construct is able to accomodate that individual, who may very well be limited by his psychological type. No single approach to the construct works for every psychological type of person. That's why an exoteric layer and an esoteric layer are necessary.

I agree that the teachings are invaluable but they do not constitute the actual introspection that is necessary to cultivate self realization. One may read a book and thus believe they have the answer but unless they practice and gain the experiential knowledge there understanding will never bear fruits. Consider this; how did the first enlightened beings become enlightened? The enlightenment precedes the knowledge gained from enlightenment therefore with proper self-introspection the experiential understanding can be achieved without external teachings. The teachings are merely a tool to speed up the process, the process is not dependent on them.

I perceive you are on the path based on your comprehension. It brings joy to my being to converse with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The first enlightened being was probably a shaman many thousands of years ago. The accidental ingestion of a psychotropic agent, or the influence of a star (such as the Morning Star, in the case of the Buddha) was probably the deciding factor. Just a guess.

From there, mythological (symbolic) thinking took root and the divide between the experience and the symbol of the experience was born.

I suspect that enlightened beings project the archetypes of the collective unconscious out into the external, where they take on mythological (symbolic) form and act in the world. One of the duties they perform for the unenlightened is acting as psychopomp. When the time comes.

Talking to you is nice too.

Thanks for your kind words.

edit on 162Wednesday000000America/ChicagoJun000000WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Truly the first enlightened being on this planet is named Melchisedec for His spirit is the very essence of this planet, his body is the Earth. Every enlightened being has been contacted by Him, he is also known as the Divine Mother (of this physical body) as well as the epitome of what mankind is to become. There are 5 bodies to each individual being, these bodies being the physical body, the vital body, the astral body, the mental body, and the solar body. One can perceive each one of these bodies this very moment by understanding each of these bodies functions within your physical body. The physical body if your body of flesh, of solid matter. The vital body is the body of electrical impulses that run through your physical body, you can recognize this as the body that sends the signals from your consciousness to move your fingers or any part of your physical body. The astral body is the body you experience in the dream state, it is also where all diseases and illnesses originate and perpetuate before manifesting within the physical body. The mental body is your mind, it is your imagination and anything that arises by thought or contemplation, when one "thinks" they are using the mental body, when one transfers there consciousness completely into this body they enter the mental realm and may converse and receive teachings from all enlightened masters from all of creation. Finally there is the solar body, which is the God body, it is ones absolute true nature, their complete God-hood and truest Form, the immortal body, the body of the consciousness itself. When one renounces each one of these bodies after experiencing consciousness within them, up until the solar body, they realize their immortal body and thus are capable of deciding the Buddah path or the Bodhisattva path after the physical death.

The Buddah path or the "Awakened One" path is deciding to return to the ever-pervading intelligent emptiness that is our fundamental nature, God, and thus completely opt out of existing among the beings of this great universal cycle. The Bodhisattva path, or the "Awakened Renunciate" path is the most noble path of them all. In choosing this path one who has reached Buddahood renounces their re-absorption with the absolute out of the compassion to serve other beings in reaching enlightenment. This is the path of Melchisedec, which is after the death of the physical body ones spirit is to take on the form of a Planetary Body in order to serve as a foundation for the enlightenment of countless beings such as has been with Earth. You very well may meditate in prayer to Melchisedec and can come to know Him personally, He was the teacher of Master Jesus as well as Kakusandho Buddha and countless other enlightened masters who have meditated upon Earths Spirit and discovered Him.

Truly I tell you there is no external, it is an illusion of the 5 senses and mind. All of these beings, everyone you see, everyone that has existed and will ever exist, exist right now, but in oneness. It is impossible to explain with words for words are the communication of the cognizant aggregates. That which is beyond the 5 senses and mind can only be comprehended when one steps outside of the limitations imposed by the physical body. It takes discipline and practice, so much so that it kills the man who follows through with it leaving only the Consciousness or fundamental nature behind. It is not an easy path that is why only a handful of beings throughout eons of time have achieved such states. It is truly unfathomable until one experiences it personally, that's when nothing is left hidden and all knowledge becomes available.

Truly the perception of individual experience is to serve others, the idea of service to self is the idea of Satan, the Ego, the Eye of Horus ("I" of Horus). There are two ultimate paths, the service to self, which is the path of Darkness, or the service to others, the path of Light. To reach true spiritual attainments one must discard any self-desires, even the desire to reach enlightenment for ones self. The key to Enlightenment is to seek it for the benefit of others, that's when one receives contact and assistance by beings from the other spheres of existence as well as Melchisedec Himself.

You are very welcome my friend, may your path be cleared and understanding bless your being.

edit on 25-6-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yes I agree with most of what you said. I've been past the waking state, past the dreaming state, and past the state of deep dreamless sleep to that which you call the solar body. Most amazing experience of my life.

I've felt the caress of the Source on my heart, it made my heart glow and radiate tendrils of energy. I have a ways to go though - I could only reach 28% capacity. I do not yet have full control over the reactions of my body, and without that the Source can be... destabilizing.

Be that as it may, every culture has it's own words and names and symbols and schema for what you just said, and they are all true for their time and place.

Then the times change, and the exoteric layer of the old age no longer serves. The milk spoils. People notice that the religion that served their fathers is no longer functional. That's when a Bodhi comes along and dresses the archetypes of the collective unconscious in new costumes for a new age, with a new exoteric layer and a new esoteric layer. New metaphors. A new Heaven and a new Earth.

So we must not seek to get rid of the exoteric and put the esoteric in it's place. We must update the exoteric with a new exoteric, for the sake of those who are not ready for the esoteric. I believe that will happen as the age of Pisces draws to a close. It happens every age.

edit on 229WednesdayuAmerica/ChicagoJunuWednesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join