It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefighter chases dog and both are missing 411?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Alright I see your point.
But I thought this was interesting.

The Ventura County autopsy report noted Herdman’s body was recovered in a state of “moderate postmortem decomposition and mummification,” also noting that animals had depredated the remains.

And why even list alcohol?

edit on Rpm80414v29201400000046 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
I don't know that I really had a point...unless it was that mdma (along with other substances?) might give reason to consider that the actions resulting in his death had no external influences.
Again - I simply have to hold that out as a possibility...

I agree that the amount of decomposition, predation, mummification and lapsed-time might throw all kinds of questions into the mix...
I don't know this with any absolution, though.

In my opinion...until/unless Taylor comes out with a full account of what happened - we will be mired in conjecture, as the facts that constitute any explanation...so far...remain 'less than convincing'.

edit on 8/4/2014 by WanDash because: need a g

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So I'm about halfway through the 411 book and the similarities to this case are stunning... creepy stuff dudes

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Can you enlighten me a bit Dash? As per the mummification they're
referring too? I know enough to say they most likely aren't
suggesting bandages and brain hooks. Do you happen to know?

edit on Rpm80414v26201400000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was questioning the 'meaning' of that, too.
Maybe he'd already started his journey through the stars...or underworlds...or...whatever - and they could somehow measure/chart his course & progress...

Yeah - sorry... I'm a little lost on that one.

I'm sure, though, that we have numerous other members with knowledge in such terminology... Perhaps - diggingdirt will get wind of these developments and jump in...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Generally speaking (and when not referring to dead Pharaohs), a mummified corpse is a body which has either been dried, or begun to dry after death. So I'd say, in this case, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Herdman's corpse had begun to dry. If (as claimed) it was laying in the open under a summer sun, it is logical that the body would begin to dry in the heat.

As for drugs being in his system... I dunno. I've never used any of those drugs, barring caffeine and alcohol, but I know many people who have. Either alone or in some mad drug cocktail. They gurn, chew their faces, twitch, dance like complete idiots and talk a hell of a lot of a rubbish, but I've never seen any of them take off suddenly.
Which isn't to say it didn't happen of course. Drugs would be a logical and possibly tidy way of making sense here. Herdman was off his face which is why he ran. Byars was also under the influence which is why he got lost or whatever.

This still doesn't explain many of the other unusual happenings. Why could his scent not be tracked? Why didn't he respond to searchers (if he was still alive - TOD hasn't been definitely established)? I'm not sure how long those drugs would affect you, but I know if I get drunk or high I'm usually fine in a couple of hours. Do these drugs affect you for days? If not, why did he not seek help when he sobered? And, the main thing that concerns me...

Why was his dog scared?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackofBlades

Generally speaking (and when not referring to dead Pharaohs), a mummified corpse is a body which has either been dried, or begun to dry after death. So I'd say, in this case, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that Herdman's corpse had begun to dry. If (as claimed) it was laying in the open under a summer sun, it is logical that the body would begin to dry in the heat.

As for drugs being in his system... I dunno. I've never used any of those drugs, barring caffeine and alcohol, but I know many people who have. Either alone or in some mad drug cocktail. They gurn, chew their faces, twitch, dance like complete idiots and talk a hell of a lot of a rubbish, but I've never seen any of them take off suddenly.
Which isn't to say it didn't happen of course. Drugs would be a logical and possibly tidy way of making sense here. Herdman was off his face which is why he ran. Byars was also under the influence which is why he got lost or whatever.

This still doesn't explain many of the other unusual happenings. Why could his scent not be tracked? Why didn't he respond to searchers (if he was still alive - TOD hasn't been definitely established)? I'm not sure how long those drugs would affect you, but I know if I get drunk or high I'm usually fine in a couple of hours. Do these drugs affect you for days? If not, why did he not seek help when he sobered? And, the main thing that concerns me...

Why was his dog scared?

ah, the mummification thing caught me off guard a little bit too. but, you are probably right in saying that they are only referring to the state of drying to body was going through.

and you're right. this still doesn't explain many of the other unusual circumstances surrounding his death. the drugs would have nothing to do with why his scent couldn't be tracked, making it up that cliff etc.

and as WanDash said, unless his friend taylor comes foward with his FULL story, we are kind of in the dark with this one even still...i can't help but think he might have tried to give his true account of events but was told to hush up and take a leave from work. then they just cherry picked the facts that were convenient to publish in the news.

and as for the MDMA its not like it puts you in a similar state like '___' or Mushrooms where there's a possibility you might not be aware of your true surroundings. Plus the peak effects of the drug only last about 4 hours and without knowing even when he took it, its hard to say what state he was actually in when he ran off.

to me the drugs are not satisfying as an answer.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I swear, it looks more like the cops know they haven't explained
this occurance any where near adequately. Only compounded by the
fact they know they can't. Because that would involve the truth about
what ever it is they're obviously try'n to hide. They see the same
holes in their story we do. So a toxicology report is faked, Byars
has to go along with it because he can either face charges or not.
And the only thing he'd gain in defiance is total ruin and prison.
The way it plays out? Herdmans dead, no way to change that and
Byars is a good guy so, cater to the living. Everybody's happy.

Except for me because I know the cops would never just say, " Oh
we're not going to press any charges". All bubble gum and finger curl.
If it were me in Byars place? I'd be look'n at life if there were drugs involved
at all? The cops are just using an old stand bye. Just like what happehed
to Todd Seese.

Care of Sonoftheson

And that's with one of their own say'n it.

( in my best Columbo )

Oh yeah one more ding I just remembered.

Rattlesnakes.

edit on Rpm80414v212014u07 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You know, you are totally right and you mentioned it before, but it didn't totally click.

Why aren't they pressing charges? I mean seriously. In all other instances where there's a case involving a death, especially someone like say a fire fighter, they would look for the first opportunity to point the finger and press charges on someone for accountability. The fact that this isn't happening, even post-morteum seems crazy.

This whole thing just reeks. I'm eager to watch the video you posted and learn more. Personally it reminds me of the usual government mo of drug someone and let them "fall" out a window. Not saying that's the case with Herdman, but whatever is happening we are certainly not getting the truth. We are getting some contrived fictional bullshat.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have read this whole thread tonight. Talk about a roller-coaster of emotions.

I have no idea what happened there, but it gave me the creeps. What they reported as the friend's story makes no sense at all, where he was found makes no sense at all, the fact that the dogs couldn't find makes no sense at all...

What a mystery. So scary.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Well that's cool Luke glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

By the way, great job with the whole thing, Randy. Right from the start, you were the one who noticed the story, started following the news and was always respectfully speculating. I'm really sorry it had such a tragic end.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

Yeah ya know it really is the way I said in the beginning.

I would have loved to see a Walt Disney ending. Sadly those
days seem to be long gone.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

just got a chance to watch the video you posted. very illuminating. and the similarities are glaring. and these are the cases that we are aware of. i can only imagine the number of similar cases that go completely unnoticed...

scary stuff indeed.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

I found the mention of a snake, rattlesnake,
in both stories compelling beyond coincidence.
Almost as if it were a code to mark or signal someone.

Any way it's easy, even tempting to just believe what's been laid
out to believe. But it's just as easy, to not believe it. The ultimate
reason to not believe it, can't be seen. But if I were to take a stab
at it. Sacrifice, is a word that has been watered down in our society.
edit on Rpm80514v47201400000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah there is something about the snakes. It's definitely been a detail in a few of these types of cases. Sacrifice is an interesting avenue.

I wondering if someone were to astral travel to some of these cluster points of disappearances what they might find. I feel like there is something in these areas that is simmering under the surface so to speak...

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
While I understand the mummification and predator damage to the remains, the alcohol level is nonsense. I've been told many, many times that the decomposition process produces alcohol so if a body is left undisturbed for as little as 24 hours, the alcohol levels are moot as far as determining whether the alcohol played a part in the death. Also, in order to have a "blood-alcohol" level, you need liquid blood. A partially mummified, scavenger-ravaged body has no liquid blood left in it. And for the same reason, the drug levels would also be suspect in my world.
I'll have to say that I had my doubts about this coroner when he announced he would be conducting toxicology tests on a body left in desert heat for at least a week. For such tests you need liquid, either from the eyes or from blood. After an extended period of exposure to the sun the only tissues left would adipose, whatever fat was left in the body when the scavengers finished with it. Degraded body fat is not a proper medium for determining any levels of drugs or alcohol.
Like some other folks here, I have a great deal of trouble understanding why the tracking dogs weren't able to track him.
Also, I'd really like to see the scene photos and if any evidence was collected that would show the source of the massive blunt trauma. Or if there was evidence that his body had been moved by scavengers from the impact site....just lots of little details that we'll probably never hear of.
Another tragic mystery.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Diggindirt everybody!
I can't thank you enough for chiming in
dd. Most gracious of you and I can't help but feel somewhat
vindicated in my own suspicsions. At least as far as the holes,
others and I see, in the " OS ".

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I think this whole drugs thing has been thrown in to cover up the truth.
I cant help but wonder about the guy who walked out. Has there been any reports of his blood being tested for drugs?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

None as far as I can tell Hawk. And as this thread might suggest,
I've got some hours vested in search of such details. But that's one
I hadn't thought of particularly. And I'm not finished with this by a
damn site. So I'll keep my eyes open for that you can bet. You find
anything, please share.

Now check out this sixth video posted by Char-lee in another thread.
Whom BTW I'm very disappointed that she hasn't chimed in here more.
She has made some outstanding contributions to threads like this and
I always welcome her opinions and great insights. She really has a knack
for this stuff. (hint hint nudge nudge)

Another striking correlation in mentioning a term! Mummification?

The Ventura County autopsy report noted Herdman’s body was recovered in a state of “moderate postmortem decomposition and mummification,” also noting that animals had depredated the remains

Source already posted on previous page.
edit on Ram80614v29201400000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Ram80614v402014u33 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join