It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Todd: WSJ/NBC Poll ‘Disaster for the President’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
so...the answer is a republican president???.....funny how I can't find the actual wording for that poll from the OP's references.

LOL

Maybe an un-compromised Right-Libertarian or Tea Partyist.

Anything Left-of-Center is (as always) a complete disaster.

Somebody needs to systematically dismantle the bloated bureaucracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SF4REAL
a reply to: IAMTAT

I am not an Obama supporter, but it baffles me on the decisions this president has made across the board. Obama is clearly an intelligent, well educated man. I disagree with his views but who is pulling his strings. It is obvious that this freshmen Politian was drafted by some very rich and powerful group, placed into office and is executing some self destructive plan.

I refuse to be believe he is incompetent as he is acting. Any ideas or theories?

The Talabanchurian Candidate
www.fireandreamitchell.com...
edit on 18-6-2014 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

so...the answer is a republican president???.....funny how I can't find the actual wording for that poll from the OP's references.

The answer is a competent president (and vice president). I would prefer Republican or Libertarian but really anyone who is competent will be a step up. Maybe even someone who knows what the hell is going on and stops learning everything from CNN.

Hell...I'd settle for someone who knows, and understands the Constitution. Someone who doesn't try to tear it down with every decision they make. Someone who actually likes the Country they are running for President of.

Someone who holds those under him, accountable for their actions. Is that too much to ask for.

Des

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

originally posted by: Metallicus

So much for all of those people that said Obama couldn't be worse than Bush. Somehow this moron has set a new standard for incompetency. Worst president ever.

or maybe he's not incompetent and everything is going according to plan?

sometimes i wonder....

That what I'm thinking. He's got a phone, a pen, a large deeply entrenched loyal bureaucracy, a judiciary he's stacked, a largely compliant media, a military larded down with hand-picked top officers, and he doesn't have to worry about getting himself re-elected. It looks like the beginning of that infamous flexibility he told Medvedev all about to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The answer is someone who puts their duty,honor,integrity,character,country above their political carreers/legacy.

That is what this country needs.

It doesn't need effing lawyers, and politicians running it.
edit on 18-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The answer is someone who puts their duty,honor,integrity,character,country above their political carreers/legacy.

That is what this country needs.

It doesn't need effing lawyers, and politicians running it.

You know those sorts of people don't exist anymore, and if they do, they aren't allowed to get within 20 billion miles of a serious run for office.

Heck, they might have to move this thread to the Cryptozoology forum just because you changed the subject.
edit on 18-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: jjkenobi

The answer is a competent president (and vice president). I would prefer Republican or Libertarian but really anyone who is competent will be a step up. Maybe even someone who knows what the hell is going on and stops learning everything from CNN.

Someone who actually likes the Country they are running for President of.

Des

That made me laugh...He does seem to hate America.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
"...duty,honor,integrity,character,country above their political carreers/legacy...". Wow! That's a tall order for ANYONE in Washington. I don't think anyone in the Capitol, or anywhere else in the country for that matter, meets those requirements. Not these days.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama's, but I'm also not as adamently against him as most around here seem to be. I do think he has had some decent ideas. It's too bad EVERYTHING he has attempted to accomplish has been blocked by Congress, regardless of merit. But then, our do-NOTHING Congress has what? A 16% approval rating? It's among the worst in history. At least Obama's got them beat by a long shot.

Frankly, I'm not sure anyone can do a "satisfactory" job running this country anymore. The reason being that the country itself, not just Washington, has become so severely divided. I'd hate to be President of the USA. It would be like trying to satisfy a blood-thirsty lynch mob, while trying to do the right thing at the same time. Just can't be done...

I do agree with you, though, neo96. It's a shame we can't find anyone with the qualifications you listed. I'm just not sure that person exists...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The candidates for president in the next election will be the current clowns in Congress or the administration. Don't expect better for a long time.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And back when I was SCREAMING about Gary Johnson and the other third party candidates that weren't guaranteed puppet-master picks, nobody noticed. You'd never heard of the guy and you couldn't be bothered to find out about him either, which would have meant turning off the MSM coverage and actually doing a little research.

It's gonna take a lot more than some polls and wall to wall Benghazi coverage to change the way the votes are counted (that is, actually counting them fairly) and realizing that there's more people out there willing to do the job than a bunch of demogogues, dynasty sons and career politicians.

Oh, forget it. This country is burned toast and unfortunately, the flames of its demise are going to affect the entire globe. You've gotten the country and government you deserve because you've been asleep at the proverbial wheel for the last 50 years, and you're terrified of taking up arms against the bastards. You want the country back, shut down Wall Street, The Fed, Washington D.C. and the NSA and CIA buildings.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I agree with a previous comment. Someone needs to go in and systematically dismantle the bureaucracy that our government has become. It has become blatantly clear to me that bipartisanship is an illusion and not because someone told me so, but because it's plain as what's right in front of you. Voting is a joke and all I can do is smdh at people who ask me "Who are you voting for?" with their glazed-over sheep eyes.

If you ask me, they need to get someone in there regardless of their political label who has been talking sense through all the years of self-affliction we've all been subjected to... someone like Ron Paul or Bernie Sanders or Trey Gowdy.

It's been said many, many times before so I won't say it, but we ALL know what the definition of insanity is and this entire country has been insane for a very long time.

Either this planet is some other planet's hell or I've been dumped straight into the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
He's got what? A year and a half left? Now he's gonna enter lame duck mode, probably will start campaigning for the next democratic candidate.

Conservatives will claim victory, saying that Obama has completely failed. But this is the state of US politics today.

The next year and a half will be pretty quiet for the administration. They are just mostly going to try not to cause too many waves. The last thing Obama will do is pardon a list of people. And off course like always it will be controversial.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

He's got what? A year and a half left? Now he's gonna enter lame duck mode, probably will start campaigning for the next democratic candidate.

He's never stopped campaigning. That is all he has done.

Goes around whispering sweet nothings in the ears of the masses promising larger, and larger pieces of the pie, finding new people to reward, and new people to loot. Delivering nothing at all.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I will not be happy until Chris Tingle says something similar and drops that water bucket he has been lugging around for the past 6 years.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Until congress passes a law that says any organization or corporation that holds an FCC license is required to give equal time to all potential candidates for presidential election and all debates are open equally without financial requirement, we're never going to see real elections!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What kills me is that when someone is critical of Obama's incompetency, some idiot out there assumes that the critic must be racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
And back when I was SCREAMING about Gary Johnson and the other third party candidates that weren't guaranteed puppet-master picks, nobody noticed. You'd never heard of the guy and you couldn't be bothered to find out about him either, which would have meant turning off the MSM coverage and actually doing a little research.

It's gonna take a lot more than some polls and wall to wall Benghazi coverage to change the way the votes are counted (that is, actually counting them fairly) and realizing that there's more people out there willing to do the job than a bunch of demogogues, dynasty sons and career politicians.

Oh, forget it. This country is burned toast and unfortunately, the flames of its demise are going to affect the entire globe. You've gotten the country and government you deserve because you've been asleep at the proverbial wheel for the last 50 years, and you're terrified of taking up arms against the bastards. You want the country back, shut down Wall Street, The Fed, Washington D.C. and the NSA and CIA buildings.

Not likely, as the American voting electorate already spoke.
After a long term 10% or worse approval rating by that gene pool,
96% of the incumbents won their primaries.
Anybody see a logical disconnect?
"Hell we don't even let them think: why should we let them vote?"
Josef Stalin

That's not salt in the shaker, it's sodium fluoride.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh come now, it as the only thing that congress would allow him to do.

He's been so ineffectual thanks to a do nothing congress that y'all should be proud that the country is in the shape its in.

After all, stopping Obamas commie fascist Kenyan, sharia agenda was the goal. and congress has the purse strings.

So be proud, this country is in the shape its in. It's your TPM that's put US in the place we are today, you won! congratulations!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

The job of Congress is not to be a body of 535 'yes men' for the president. Its to provide a check and balance to the powers of the president and the judicial branch. Large scale changes to the government and its interaction with the people are not supposed to be easy; it should require the building of a broad concensus, something this president has never shown an interest in. His attitude has been no different than the 'do nothing' Congress.

For all its faults, I'd rather have a 'do nothing' government than one that 'does something' for the wrong reasons that turns out to be a disaster.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The guy was an empty suit right out of the gate and had absolutely -0- qualifications for the job. But he came to prominence after giving a really good keynote speech and the novelty of him propelled him to the office. A lot of people came out to vote who otherwise wouldn't have, and the best the Republicans could come up with was a guy who has all the charisma of a pile of wet cardboard.

Bottom line, there are significantly more registered Democrats than there are Republicans and if the Democrats can find a candidate who will bring their people to the polls, they're going to win. No string pulling, no conspiracy, no hidden hand. Simple math.

Now Hillary, she's a polarizer. No one is neutral on her. You either hate her, or love her. I think she's odds on to be the next Dem candidate. I can't wait to see how the Republican party screws this up. One possibility is enough infighting to have a viable third party candidate emerge from the ashes who pulls just enough support ($) away from their designated candidate to put Hil & Bill back in the White House.

As to Obama's poll numbers, I don't see any signs he cares, so I don't know why any of the rest of us would.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join