It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adding threads to the posse comitatus forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
A quick question regarding the posse comitatus forum.
Is there a reason that I cannot add a new thread directly to this forum. This is the second time that I have attempted to do so and though another thread I authored was eventually moved there, I was under the assumption that, at the time, that forum was down or something was going on that was not allowing me to add it directly to said forum.

Maybe I missed the memo about having to add them to another forum first and then have them moved there by mods?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
Pretty sure there is some reqs. Think you need X amount of post before you can create a thread.
Also want to say there is a sticky with the rules as well

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I can create threads. Been able to do that and have done that for a quite some time here.
Unless you mean you need a certain amount of stars/flags/posts just to add a thread to this particular forum [posse comitatus]?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I meant in the posse comitatus forum specifically. I think you have to have more then 500 post, that could be high tho.
And i am on my phone so I can see your stats right now, so if you have over 500 idk

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I see. Well, if that is the case then that is the reason. I have not topped 500 posts yet.
Thanks for your response.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi Jakal26, I have an answer to your question.
In order to be able to post in the Posse Comitatus forum, you first have to start a thread in the "General Chit Chat" forum with the title of "Why I, (your username), want an invitation to Posse Comitatus". Due to the emotional nature of many threads in the Posse Comitatus forum which may tend to bring about negative T&C-inducing replies, your first post in the General Chit Chat thread must be no less than 500 words, and must include a detailed explanation of why you would like to participate in the Posse Comitatus forum. If your post and motivations are considered acceptable, you'll be sent a notification message from an official ATS moderator, after which your thread will be removed and you will be free to join.
Get writin. Remember, no less than 500 words.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Seriously?
Huh didn't know that was the case

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Wow!
That is just BEYOND too much to go through to post it there.
Hell, the last thread I authored that I intended to go there, was moved there by mods at a later time.

The thread I was attempting to place there has already been added another forum...I'll just let the mods decide if they want to "invite" it into that particular forum....if not, another member with more time and motivation to post to that particular forum can have at it.

Thanks for the reply though. At least I know I won't bother with all that now.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No

Not the case.

...I tried to find something official in the posse comitatus intro thread....but could not.
I know there are restrictions.
And since Jakal2has over 250 posts...it most likely is 500 posts to start a thread in that forum.

We have one or two other restricted forums....RATS and the 9/11 forum.

FWIW, I saw the thread in question and moved it to the Posse Comitatus forum.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I was just joking around.
You don't have to write a 500-word post asking permission to join the forum.
I actually have no idea what the requirement is

haha
edit on 6/15/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
lol alright well you got me on that one

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

LOL...

I had my doubts but didn't really question it much. I figured, if it gets moved it gets moved....if it doesn't it doesn't.
It is very seldom to see only one thread on most given topics, such as those in the forum in question anyways, so I wasn't going to argue it much....but yeah, caught me slippin' and not thinkin' that time round

Apparently, it was time for bed.....hours ago

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thanks....

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

If you write that essay, they may grant you full time access for simply being a good sport...

I would...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

LOL...

Yeah, tell me about it. I read that last night, half asleep, and just took it for what it was.
Rule 1: Stay away from ATS when sleepy. Brain doesn't question enough of the info that goes in when sleepy

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: madmac5150

LOL...

Yeah, tell me about it. I read that last night, half asleep, and just took it for what it was.
Rule 1: Stay away from ATS when sleepy. Brain doesn't question enough of the info that goes in when sleepy

That's a fair rule of thumb for any kind of net surfing really

new topics

top topics

join