It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Does this face look scary to you?" Girl scarred by pit bull attack asked to leave KFC restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

A 3-year-old girl who was attacked by pit bulls in April was asked to leave a restaurant in Mississippi because her scars scared customers

She was on a feeding tube at the time, but I figured she could just swallow (the potatoes)," Mullins said. "They said, 'We have to ask you to leave because her face is disrupting our customers.' (Victoria) understood exactly what they said."

Mullins said she put Victoria in the car and left and that Victoria cried all the way home.

"The right side of her face is paralyzed. She's got a lot of surgeries to go through and she won't even look in the mirror anymore," Victoria's grandmother, Kelly Mullins, told WAPT-TV . "When we go to a store, she doesn't even want to get out (of the car). She's 3 years old and she's embarrassed about what she looks like. She's embarrassed, and I hate it because she shouldn't be. It ain't her fault."

Victoria hadn't felt that way until last week, when she was turned away from a KFC, Mullins said.

Channel 7 News
Poor little girl. I never would have thought twice about sitting next to her in a restaurant and eating my dinner. She has obviously been traumatized and I can't believe people would treat a 3 year old child this way

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Oh that's so depressing..poor little kid...so if some veteran came in missing a few limbs would he be kicked to the curb also? What a screwed up planet we live on..

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Set a pit bull in that restauaunt and close the doors.

Losers.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

That's just sad. Poor little girl, she's been through enough, doesn't need some idiot at KFC saying she is scaring customers. There is a difference between ugly and stupid (KFC) and cute and adorable (little girl). Now if it was Hillary or Pelosi in the KFC, I could understand that.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Their shocking treatment of that little girl is scarier than her scars.

Her parents will own that restaurant before too long.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I reacted badly when a young man trapped in an overturned car asked me to describe his facial injuries. Instantly I learned you should smile and be reassuring, not look horrified.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
She looks like a little sweetpea to me!
Nope.. Im not scared and I may have had to call my trusty attorney ( again) if I heard someone complaining... People are idiots sometimes. Scary... thats BS.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Did customers actually complain? "Get this disgusting little girl out of here while I'm eating!"

So basically, if you're disfigured in any way (and she hardly looks it! Compared to the good looking people who probably frequently dine in a KFC..) just give up now? Humanity, please stop trying to lower the bar and be supportive of your neighbors.

This is heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I would have made a very loud, vocal scene had I been dining there and aware of what had happened.
I would have done everything in my power to shame every customer there ( If need be) to walk out, leaving their uneaten food behind.
Then I would have stood out front waiting for supplies to make signs for picketing.
SHAMEFUL.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Victoria,

That's ok honey. You don't need to be eating that junk anyway. It's not good for you.

You are a beautiful little girl, "inside and out".

90% of the people in this world would be honored to have dinner with you. The other 10% cant stand to have dinner with themselves, let alone someone as special as you.

Hugs to you kid

Mr. Limpet

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is horrible!! This place deserves all the bad publicity it can handle
To kick a a family out for the poor girls injuries, sickening.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Who told her to leave is my question... She is a beautiful girl. How is it her fault? What is wrong with society? I hope the person who told her to leave gets tarred and feathered.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People have lost all sense of shame. If they had any left, nobody would have ever thought about asking a customer to leave because of something so ridiculous. This little girl was beautiful even with the injuries. Who the hell is ANYBODY to even think of asking to have someone removed from any establishment because of the way they look.

Screw you and your faux sense of discomfort. People are just Un freaking Real.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yup. I would have sat back down and offered the manager 1 of 2 choices:

- call the cops
- call the franchise owner

Unless one of the 2 above told me I had to leave because of my baby's disfigured face, it wouldn't happen. And a second request to leave by the shift manager may end up in them having some bruising around the head/face/shoulder area. I damned well will defend my childs honor.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The rage i feel.

edit edit edit.. The words!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Not that I ate at KFC much but I'm done now!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Is this serious? If so those people in KFC are a disgrace to humanity.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thats sad .. poor girl gone through alot already then has to put up with idiots ..
If ever saw something like that would step in and offer to take the girl and her family to a better place to eat my treat rather than spend money at an establishment like that ..

Not to mention disgusting conduct of the custmers who complained ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
'Her scars scared customers.'

Really? A cute, innocent looking kid who has obviously suffered an injury through no fault of her own is scary and 'disrupting' - whereas a bucket o' grey greasy chicken bits of uncertain provenance is so, er....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
Not that I ate at KFC much but I'm done now!

That sounds like a mighty good idea to me minkmouse. Seriously. Everyone should quit going and inform their main offices as to why they refuse to go back. I bet it would be the last time they would consider doing something so vile to any living being.

Her scars scared people... The more I think about it, the more pissed I get. It makes me think back to the days when folks locked their disfigured children away for their entire lives because "What would people think?". Atrocious behavior from those asking and from those willing to do what was asked IMO.

Disgusting.

ETA - I think that KFC would have looked like a bar room after last call went horribly wrong if that had been my daughter. I would certainly not have left without letting every person in that establishment know how dog dirty they were.

Even the ones who didn't complain, but sat there and watched it happen without saying anything about it. Stand up for God's sake. Even if it isn't you that it's happening to.... STAND UP for the injustice you see happening right in front of your face.

First they came for the Jews....
edit on 6/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join