It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding the answer to this questions will solve if God exists or not...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
a reply to: Dumbass

So if you we take some humans that are completely isolated from everything in closed circuit a remote area in Africa, would they come to this conclusion as well?

Exactly, even isolated tribes would come with their own version of how things got created, where we come from or why are we here. Don't you think that, if there was a God behind all of this, wouldn't he give one direction/message, instead every corner of earth has its own version and often they are very much against each other and prompted wars and killings through centuries...

And just to point that science knows how religion started and has evolved over time... It also shows how human creativity got better with time...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well you believe we made it up, the writings don't say that. We were given the fruit of knowledge, the story goes the same for the Mesopotamian culture.

Maybe you are right, but you believe in that you don't know.

The writings don't say that? So what makes the writings true? They were written by men. Men are prone to embellish and lie. What is preventing the writers of these "writings" from not embellishing and lying in them?

What about all the writings from parts of the world NOT of Mesopotamian culture? They aren't the same. Hinduism doesn't have the same origins. They STILL believe in multiple gods. They have writings too. How do you know that their writings aren't correct and yours are? We ARE talking about the writings from people from thousands of years ago to be infallible. So naturally they should be more correct right, being older and all?
edit on 13-6-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: Moresby

The idea is find if we can imagine anything that has not already been made or thought of. Like take a 6th dimensional mathematical figure, we cannot imagine that because we never seen one.

That doesn't make any sense. None of humanity had seen a plane before the first plane was built and flew....and there are plenty of other things that fall into this category as well. It was man's ingenuity and imagination that allowed for inventions to be made and inventions that had never been made before....unless you are suggesting some sort of divine inspiration had a hand in these.....

why do they look like birds and not flying saucers?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

a reply to: Vasa Croe

well we wanted flight when we first saw...............birds or owls or flies. Planes oddly resemble them no?

I fully invite you to make an octagonal chunk of marble complete a sustained flight.

You can't, because physics. Birds can fly, so we arranged matter in such a fashion that it exploits the same physics that birds do. We didn't break physics in order to fly.

yeah and people didn't pull the idea of flying, out of their butts either.

same way submarines aren't shaped like a rubik's cube.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Because aerodynamics.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I was told santa and easter bunny are real too..a reply to: bitsforbytes

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I was told santa and easter bunny are real too..a reply to: bitsforbytes

Are you trying to tell me that Harry Potter is not real???

There are books, and they are telling the truth... and muggles are unable to see magic, anyways... those damn muggles...

On serious side, Harry Potter at least has some literature value... while all holy books are poor compilation of short stories...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

First, and most important, you have no evidence that it's true or false.

Second, the concept of a "god" has been around since man started to walk on two legs. And there are thousands of different descriptions and notions of "god". So someone is imagining something.

My opinion is that the idea of a "god" was founded in fear and lack of understanding. When great claps of thunder were heard, it was "god" who was mad at you. If things went well, it was "god" who made it happen because you were a good person. It's a crutch. That's the human concept of "god". And whether your god comes out of the Bible or out of ancient Egypt, the philosophy is about the same. Some people need a Bible or a religion to tell them what to do. The notion of "worship" is the same today as it was 250,000 years ago - you bow and scape to whichever god your culture dictates.

Now whether there is really a "god" or a superior being who created everything in our universe and what we can perceive, we don't have an answer for that. It's an unknowable.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

They looks like birds because the inventors observed that pressure under the wings of a bird caused it to lift off the ground. If you drop a sheet of paper out the window, it will seem to float at times - same concept - pressure under the piece of paper. I can't think of anything in nature that would mimic a flying saucer.

Inventions are created from observable phenomena. Even if they just "appear" in your mind, chances are your mind is putting 2 and 2 together from observation and coming up with a new idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

They looks like birds because the inventors observed that pressure under the wings of a bird caused it to lift off the ground. If you drop a sheet of paper out the window, it will seem to float at times - same concept - pressure under the piece of paper. I can't think of anything in nature that would mimic a flying saucer.

Inventions are created from observable phenomena. Even if they just "appear" in your mind, chances are your mind is putting 2 and 2 together from observation and coming up with a new idea.

It's not a new idea though, it's just a new application. Every single invention we have ever come up with is just an example of us exploiting preexisting properties.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Exactly we took the basic model of what flies like a bird and then made it possible with what had available, but the original design of something flying wasn't thought of by us is what I mean.

Yea, but it took years, and some...splat sacrifices, to understand the idea of how birds fly. Also to create the engines to gain the thrust to go upwards, and to maintain it height. These were methods that were just observed from birds, to understand why they can fly. Many time, the original methods were basically based of birds, like flapping wing around. However, we are to heavy of a creature, while bird bones are hollow an light. It wasn't till later, that the methods became humanly possible.

Yes the idea of flight came from birds, considering birds are pretty much self explanatory for being birds. Flying creatures that were we, as humans got the idea from. We just had to change the idea around to our own needs.

Like I said, if you wanna file complaint or a question to god, you might have to wait in line.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Like I said, if you wanna file complaint or a question to god, you might have to wait in line.

Yeah, those bathroom lines are horrible during the summer.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

That's true on a large scale. However, scientists have created new particles that have not existed before. Or at least to the extent that no one has proven them wrong yet. So on the subatomic scale, it may be possible. Not sure.
Good article: www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

How did we come to the conclusion of Gods, where was the logic in saying well there is this person who controls death another control water etc etc....Were these ideas from humans or given to us?
After you are borne you learn the concept.

Mother, father is the name of god to little children.

If humanity split and lost technology and some faction were to somehow not carry the god concepts with them, then at some point the primitive children of those people would start attributing things to the wind or thunder they would then relate that to what they know of their parents and within a few generations or maybe even the first they would come up with a list of lessor deities. Deities would evolve growing stronger creating a pecking order mimicking society.

Just look at the religions older than Christianity and study the civilizations they sprung from you will notice their deities resemble their society in general.

It is very easy to imagine how deities arose and evolved over time to resemble what we have now.

God = king

It also explains why religions are slowly dieing out as the deities haven't kept up with society or technology and can't as we seem to have outgrown them. At this point it is the institutions and indoctrination that has kept them going except for the more primitive societies.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Choice make us imagine.
I think the OP was good. Do we sense God like we sense light or has God evolved from our imagination.
Could be both, we sense God and purpose but we see fathers, creators and reasons.

Does all life / things sense God?
In nature we see a fight to survive and thrive.
But also a harmony and peace.
Did nature only evolve or imagine possibilities and choose.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: guidetube
Choice make us imagine.
I think the OP was good. Do we sense God like we sense light or has God evolved from our imagination.
Could be both, we sense God and purpose but we see fathers, creators and reasons.

Does all life / things sense God?
In nature we see a fight to survive and thrive.
But also a harmony and peace.
Did nature only evolve or imagine possibilities and choose.

I think you answered the post in a way the basically says what we have to work with… your post was the shrug of the shoulders that life seems to be sometimes… it says "could be… but a lot of # could be." Good job. There is no real answer I think… and that is kind of awesome, even if there is more than this mortal life I hope god see's the fun in that infinite possibility and leaves it to us to forever wonder if he/she/it exists.
edit on 14-6-2014 by Strayed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Yes , He's real .

... and throughout history He shows His hand
to each generation through supernatural miracles ,
that astute people can see , hear , and marvel at .

Problem is Molech , the fallen angel, father of lies ,
has darkened hearts , blindsided and deafened most
people to His Grace .

This is going on today , more than ever .
Not even the current Pope can get the Truth
through to most people .....

SHEESH

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

Yes , He's real .

... and throughout history He shows His hand
to each generation through supernatural miracles ,
that astute people can see , hear , and marvel at .

Problem is Molech , the fallen angel, father of lies ,
has darkened hearts , blindsided and deafened most
people to His Grace .

This is going on today , more than ever .
Not even the current Pope can get the Truth
through to most people .....

SHEESH

Man… you paint "him" as kind of a dick and very human like that song "Sympathy for the Devil"… makes "him" seem like a #ty parent and very flawed.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Strayed

I guess He always had those "problem" children.

The ones with no respect or care ,
the ones who push their luck ,
ignore good advice , stumble down
that crooked path .
But Grace will prevail ,
and in the end ,
their butts may sting a little !!!

... and more like the song
"what if God was one of us ?"

edit on 14-6-2014 by radarloveguy because: but wait ,... there's more

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
a reply to: Strayed

I guess He always had those "problem" children.

The ones with no respect or care ,
the ones who push their luck ,
ignore good advice , stumble down
that crooked path .
But Grace will prevail ,
and in the end ,
their butts may sting a little !!!

... and more like the song
"what if God was one of us ?"

I'd like to think he would value them most because they choose their own way and I imagine it to be pretty lonely to be god. In regard to the song… well maybe both.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join