It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Health & Anger Issues, or Gun Issues ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
When I saw this chart if made me think.

America has always had plenty of guns, but never this issue of mental and or anger break downs that cause this many shootings before.
Is society slowly becoming unhinged mentally and emotionally, I think the statistics show it is. And I have first had input from people that it is, one person that works for a national company said it's mental health drugs consumption went up 80% in the last 10 years,
think about that . In a decade that is a snapshot of how far peoples mental and emotional health has fallen. One teenage girl in grade 11 told me 100% of her friends including herself have been diagnosed with some type of mental illness, so it's normal to them now. When I was growing up it my have been present, but not one person I knew had anything in school.

So yes guns help to increase the level of mayhem and death, but the larger issue is the mental health of people, especially young people, where it is now normal to come from what used to be considered a dysfunctional family. Yet if people want to kill, they will without guns, a few years ago a man cut the head of one of his fellow passengers on a bus in Canada, with a knife.

So the much bigger problem than the gun, is the people that own them losing it in increasing numbers.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Your chart is also skewed as it counts suicides as a 'school shooting'.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well a suicide shooting, is still a shooting.
Causality 1

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Get rid of guns.

This is such a simple concept you have to be a special kind of idiot not to understand it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Causality 1

No .. it's someone killing them self, not a mass murder ... I could kill myself on a pond.. would that count?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Causality 1

*sigh*

So if someone slits their wrists is it a knifing?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn
Get rid of guns.

This is such a simple concept you have to be a special kind of idiot not to understand it.

Did that eliminate firearms violence in the United Kingdom?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Get rid of guns.

Get rid of guns... so simple.. any moron could figure that out right? ...

So do criminals abide by laws? ... of course they do by your logic.. so if we ban guns, they obviously will be like "aw crap.. they banned my weapon... now what?" .. they surely wouldn't obtain firearms via the black market... nah... criminals doing criminal things? .. unthinkable... are you serious? or are you being sarcastic? otherwise you're being un realistic
edit on 6/11/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Get rid of guns.

Did that eliminate firearms violence in the United Kingdom?

Nope it meant the police were ill equipped to deal with many people ... they have far less shootings though, a silly citation given the population difference..

Note: They have far less shootings because of population... I've not worked out the percentage... but I did read that when they disarmed the police that issues went up... I don't know the facts... but you do now see the criminal element facing unarmed citizens and unarmed police... is that what you want?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Get rid of guns.

a simple concept that people don,t or want to get.your better just leaving it at that.....trust me

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

Get rid of guns.

a simple concept that people don,t or want to get.your better just leaving it at that.....trust me

You've got a lot of stuff mixed up... commas, apostrophes... you ok?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Your thread is broken. The fact is that gun violence is down from 20 years ago. CNN

Listen, the fact is, 30-40 people get shot in Chicago every day, or at least every weekend day. Nobody cares, you know why? Of course you don't, it's only a big deal when it's on the news right?

The only people capable of stopping bad people with guns are good people with guns. That said, if you haven't seen enough evidence recently to understand our paramilitary police force may not be the good people, you need to start paying more attention.

You know what you hear about more than "mass shootings"? Police brutality, overreach and murder. Reign in the keepers first and maybe the rest will follow, fail to do that and no dice.

I'm perfectly happy to live with liberals and tea party people, debate ideas, discuss and argue issues but if anyone tries to take the guns from the American people, well........ My disposition will change and so will hundreds of thousands of other Americans and it's because we had 8th grade history and we know where it has historically led us too, EVERY TIME.

Do a little honest research with your numbers and you will find they all side with those that promote responsible firearm ownership and if you doubt it, challenge me to a point and I'll embarrass you. This country was built on the people retaining ultimate power through arms because history has taught us all a good lesson, no government can be trusted to reign uncontested.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

originally posted by: sparky31

Get rid of guns.

You've got a lot of stuff mixed up... commas, apostrophes... you ok?
is that your come back?grammar police,typical.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Agreed 100%

Though one day that tide has to break or we won't survive... we can't constantly live under this idea... we have to one day realize we're not just us, we're not just our state .. or our country.. we're our planet... statistically we're probably not alone... if we keep on with the nonsense of our in-fighting .. we're doomed... even if we ARE alone... in fighting is doom... it has to settle... but in a world where money wins... I don't see that happening ... after all, pollution is profitable at the moment.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If they nuke those little dots, it will keep this illness from spreading.

Now I question these numbers after reading information in another thread. But all in all, the incidents do seem to be increasing a bit. Now, I also question why nobody was paying attention to what was going on with these people, too busy in LaLa land to pay attention to their friends and family members getting a little messed up?

The food industry/FDA has to quit doping our people so much. Half of our society is a little too high. They aren't paying attention to what is going around them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
a reply to: Helious

Agreed 100%

Though one day that tide has to break or we won't survive... we can't constantly live under this idea... we have to one day realize we're not just us, we're not just our state .. or our country.. we're our planet... statistically we're probably not alone... if we keep on with the nonsense of our in-fighting .. we're doomed... even if we ARE alone... in fighting is doom... it has to settle... but in a world where money wins... I don't see that happening ... after all, pollution is profitable at the moment.

I understand the bigger picture and realize how primitive and barbaric what I said is. That fact is not lost on me. What can we do until we all progress further? As communities and a species as a whole all we witness is just combat, large groups of power hungry people from mass murdering countries warring against other countries and the population for their sick and twisted enjoyment as best they can.

It exists, it always has and always will, people who think we have evolved beyond that type of mentality need look no further than any warzone, dictatorship or American "military action" in the entire world to know that it's alive and well.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Please elaborate on your plan to remove guns from existence. Would you remove the cops guns as well? What about the military? Would you also find a way to remove all guns from Canada, Mexico, or any other countries in the world? How would you solve the problem of people who disregard the law and find a way to obtain a gun anyways. I am confident that when you say "get rid of guns" you mean something more than just making them illegal. Murder is illegal, yet every person murdered was murdered by someone who broke the murder law.

I really think you are on to something here, and I would love to get more details on how you would make this possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

Please elaborate on your plan to remove guns from existence. Would you remove the cops guns as well? What about the military? Would you also find a way to remove all guns from Canada, Mexico, or any other countries in the world? How would you solve the problem of people who disregard the law and find a way to obtain a gun anyways. I am confident that when you say "get rid of guns" you mean something more than just making them illegal. Murder is illegal, yet every person murdered was murdered by someone who broke the murder law.

I really think you are on to something here, and I would love to get more details on how you would make this possible.
i never said i would remove guns from existence but mass shootings in america are becoming a norm and if use can,t see that then thats not my problem.i,m just glad i,m not there.
right to bear arms is fine when your not getting a school shooting every few months,last school shooting in britain? 1996,says it all.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
50 years ago, marksmanship was taught in school. School shootings did happen, but they were extremely few and far between. The guns haven't changed. The kids have... because of big pharma. It is well documented; there is a link to psychotropic pharmaceuticals and mass shootings.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Get rid of guns.

Pretty sure thats exactly what you said, all I am asking for you to elaborate. If it's such a simple concept it should no problem for you to explain further

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join