It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Repeats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have a question for my fellow ATS members. History repeats-as anyone can see. So, what time period in history are we repeating now? Is it a time before records were kept so we would have no way to know for sure, or is it a time in recent history but maybe on a smaller scale than a worldwide event?

I want to hear from ATS on what time in history we could be repeating right now and why they think the time they choose is the right one.

I think we're repeating the time in the build up to WW1, it's just a hunch but that's what I think. What says ATS?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I never really agreed with the term "history repeats itself" so I can't really weigh in here

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Considering we have thousands of years of history...And the earth is billions of years old.
Who really knows, maybe we have wiped ourselves out a few times only to repeat the stone age again and again.
Personally in the US, I see us somewhere in 1930's Germany.
We have already burned the Reichstag a few times.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I think were seeing the downfall of a empire aka the US. Just like the romans, egyptians, and so forth. History has proven that a mighty world power typically succombs to the evils of man. The men being the ones in charge of said empires. Leaders who have come into that powerful position get power hungry or let there control of the vast population they usually control get to there head. Giving them a God like persona.

I also agree that we are in somewhat of WW1 type scenario. Seems like everyone is gearing up for what I assume is the coming next world war. But thats just what I get from reading all the news on this site. Thanks for the post

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64
There are many instances, maybe not verbatim but...
Hitler tried to defeat the Russian winter and it broke his forces spine.
I think another guy tried this too sometime before.
History can be a good teacher.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Mark Twain

“History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

― Mark Twain

Mark Twain Quotes

We are repeating the time of the first governments, 3000 BC. The people were told that the king made the sun rise in the morning and made the rain or flood come to irrigate the crops.

The con job this time is the economy. The controllers say they have to coordinate everything. No one has proved that control is the best way to go, but its going to happen.

Unless there is a revolution in thinking and education.

Or the controllers screw up so bad that the system crashes.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I think we're repeating the time in the build up to WW1, it's just a hunch but that's what I think.

War is the health of the state -- Randolph Bourne

The armies of the world have reorganized in to occupation forces, armies are no longer organized to fight other armies.

This reorganization is consistent with nuclear war, as the winner has to occupy and control the bombed territory in order to win. Massed land forces of the past would be destroyed by nuclear weapons, so occupation is the ground forces best usage. There were CSPAN shows about the reorganization in 2004-5.

Although a nuclear war is possible, the current ruling class of the world is more interconnected and powerful than in 1914.

Though the monetary system of finance and social democratic system of government the rulers can control every ones quality of life and most practical economic activity. There is no need for war from the rulers point of view.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yep, I also see the parallels to late 1930's Germany here in the USSA. Or the fall of the Roman Empire, take your pick. Who's going to be our modern day Brutus though?

But truthfully, I think mother earth is about ready for another K/T extinction event, as humanity has become a parasite.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This time the change is bigger than countries.

That is the New World Order. Rule by economic control of the normal folks enforced by economically controlled political bodies.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are a lot of similarities to this time 100 years ago. With the American Empire making many of the same mistakes the British Empire did then. With China in roughly the role of America. Russian seems to trying to replay it's own last century.

The parallel isn't direct. But it provides a prism through which you can view current events. You can see similarities between the two Boer Wars and the two Iraq wars. Between the anarchist bogey man and the terrorist one. China is showing the kind of industrial growth that United States did this time one hundred years ago. China, and other Asian countries, cultural exports are becoming intertwined with out society. Just as 100 years ago, Europe became obsessed with America's cultural output.

There's a good chance we'll even have world wars like we did last century. The seeds are already sowed. Not the doom laden nuclear conflicts. But conventional wars that we many only realize have become world wars when we're deep in them.

But, because we have history to look at, we may avoid all that.
edit on 6-6-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

One could also look to the parallels between the fall of the League of Nations leading up to WWI, as compared to our modern-day U.N. Which in my opinion is quickly becoming more and more ineffective and irrelevant by the day.

Not to mention the fascist sentiments seemingly taking hold throughout Europe.

Not sure which current powder-keg is gonna set the next one off, but I'd bet on either the tensions brewing in the South China Sea territorial disputes, or the obvious answer: Ukraine. No matter what rhetoric the talking heads try to sell us about the situation on the ground, Ukraine is already in a state of war, if only "officially" undeclared. Question is, how far will that fire spread?

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

History doesnt repeat.

We recognise certain similaritys between our current present and different past times from many different completely disassociated histories.

We recreate our History in Cycles about 3600 years long.

The ingredients going into each cycle are the same ans so are the finished products.

We look for our history conventionally in an linear path when all of its different individual chapters are lain down in a sreies of stacked circles,complete circles stked one atop the other,each made of the same indredients but by different hands at different times.

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We are right before the great depression again. Somehow they shuffled it off in 08

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We are right before the great depression again. Somehow they shuffled it off in 08

It does seem like that doesn't it? I surely do hope we are not about to have another depression, though.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Interesting topic!
Over the winter I read Dr Zhivago - and it seemed to me that yes, we are right where they were before WW1, in terms of inequality and civil unrest. When the soldiers ordered to fire on the people standing in line waiting for a loaf of bread instead joined the people, it was the beginning.

It has also seemed to me that we are replaying the fall of the Roman Empire...

and also the Great Depression...

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Interesting topic!
Over the winter I read Dr Zhivago - and it seemed to me that yes, we are right where they were before WW1, in terms of inequality and civil unrest. When the soldiers ordered to fire on the people standing in line waiting for a loaf of bread instead joined the people, it was the beginning.

It has also seemed to me that we are replaying the fall of the Roman Empire...

and also the Great Depression...

Fall of the Roman Empire? Yes, I see that too but we've been straddling that fence for years now. We've been showing signs similiar to the fall of the Roman Empire since the 1990's.
edit on 7-6-2014 by lostbook because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Have you read Dr Zhivago? Do you know about the Bolshevik revolution? I didn't know much about it before I read the book - and the parallels were, well, eery.

But yeah, the Roman Empire - and the Ottoman Empire - and the Egyptian and Chinese Dynasties....
they all toppled.

I do think history repeats. So far, we aren't bombed back to the stone age AGAIN, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

edit on 6/7/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: AGAIN

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
a reply to: Moresby

One could also look to the parallels between the fall of the League of Nations leading up to WWI, as compared to our modern-day U.N. Which in my opinion is quickly becoming more and more ineffective and irrelevant by the day.

Not to mention the fascist sentiments seemingly taking hold throughout Europe.

Not sure which current powder-keg is gonna set the next one off, but I'd bet on either the tensions brewing in the South China Sea territorial disputes, or the obvious answer: Ukraine. No matter what rhetoric the talking heads try to sell us about the situation on the ground, Ukraine is already in a state of war, if only "officially" undeclared. Question is, how far will that fire spread?

Those are excellent comparisons. It's important to remember wars, revolutions and the fall of empires are often a long time in coming. So just because tensions may ease for months, even years, doesn't mean the indicators were wrong.

In 1914, no one would have predicted that the fall of the British Empire was possible. But the chess pieces were on the board. Now, one hundred years later, America faces a similar set of chess pieces.

Britain was able to maintain its first world status to this day, despite its momentous fall in the 20th Century. Will America be so lucky?

top topics

join