It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ man drives to Michigan with corpse riding shotgun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Michigan investigators are looking into a bizarre cross-country trip.

They said 62-year-old Ray Tomlinson drove most of the way from Glendale to Warren, MI, with his dead 31-year-old girlfriend in the front passenger seat.

The unidentified woman voluntarily checked herself out of the Aurora Behavior Health Care facility in Glendale on May 28. Police say Tomlinson, his girlfriend and his 92-year-old mother left on June

Just when you think you have heard it all!

www.wfsb.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Exactly, man. Kind of reminds me of this article I read a while back, where someone was left dead for over thirty years so that his family could receive pension.
edit on 201465 by loremipsum because: Forgot to link to the article

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Maybe she just took the better alternative than coming to Detroit? And it's morbidly funny with the weird death and murder stories from around here this year.

Back in February a mother dismembered her adult son and left him in five plastic bags along the highway. Source

Back in March a woman in Pontiac had been found dead in her home. She was dead for around six years. Neighbors took care of her home by cutting the lawn and doing the gardening, and at one point people came to do some big repairs. She had all her bills on auto-pay and the funds ran out. It was only then people noticed. Source

Less than a week ago body parts were found in a bucket on the west side of Detroit. Source

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Was he using the car pool lane.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the movie Family Vacation, where they carried grandma on top of the car lol

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you have to have permission to take bodies across state lines. When someone dies in Maryland and wants to be buried in Connecticut, the funeral places have to arrange interstate transportation.

At least, that's how it used to be. It could be different now.

There may be some laws broken ...

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Does this man not know that a body is supposed to travel in the trunk

edit on 5/6/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

a body in the front is a dead giveaway
edit on 5/6/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I used to work in a funeral home, to go across state lines, the remains have to be embalmed

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Sadly this is what happened to my aunt.

She died of a massive heart attack in Colorado and my uncle hade to drive with her in the back of his truck

posted on Jun, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

She died of a massive heart attack in Colorado and my uncle hade to drive with her in the back of his truck

It brings a new meaning to deathly silence

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Sigh... the lengths some people will go just to be able to use the carpool lane...

He probably figured that reporting the death could postpone his mother's trip by 24 hours or more as he would be interrogated and everything, especially since he knew that drugs were at least a factor if not the primary cause. With a 90 something year old woman, maybe she was going to miss an important doctors appointment or a prescription refill or some other important event that a 90 something year old person should not have to miss because of a 32 year old persons drug problem. I don't know I'm just trying to understand this. Maybe he had a domineering mother and was literary afraid of delivering the news that her homecoming would be delayed by a substantial amount of time.

ETA- Just because she "slumped over" doesn't mean she was dead. He still might have been able to save her depending on circumstances. I once had to dial 911 after a friend OD'd on heroin. He slumped over and stopped breathing except for the occasional scary guttural sound like his body was trying to breathe, and would not wake up even after I slapped him in the face a couple times real hard. The operator had me do chest compressions until the paramedics arrived. Luckily the song "stayin alive" was playing on the radio so I was able to stay in perfect rhythym.

Just kidding about the "stayin alive" on the radio part. But no it was a rather serious situation. Later on he seemed to have the attitude that he would've been just fine and seemed rather annoyed that I called the paramedics who gave him a drug called Naloxone which immediately canceled the effects of the heroin, including the strong high, and after he woke up on my living room floor they urged him to go get checked out at the hospital even though he seemed to be fine. The cop who showed up found that he had some old warrants from another county but not serious enough to arrest him unless the cop wanted to, so the cop helped urge him to the hospital by giving him a choice, hospital or jail. We kinda wanted him to go so we could decompress from that very stressful situation and plus we wanted to appear to be on the side of the authorities present so we also urged him to go "for the betterment of his health"... After that I stopped letting other people get high in my house. But after they all left I got real high to ease the stress. But I can handle my #.
edit on 6/7/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

It brings a new meaning to deathly silence

If you are going to reply to posts like this in such manner, you simply cannot do so with an avatar using a facial expression like that. It's highly inappropriate.

new topics

top topics

join