It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROll over ads need to be turned into click only

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Im browsing ATS and suddenly i get a PCUPGRADENOW pop up that im having to fight off as well as a JAVAUPDATE as well. Can you all make the ads only activate IF they are clicked on?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I second that motion.

2nd

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

if you want to get rid of UPGRADE you'll have to exchange certain leeways in the running of his pimp game...first though you'll have gain his trust...if that doesn't work you can try a dry freeze...but reguardless,in the end ,,UPGRADE is going to want his money

edit on 4-6-2014 by Hoaxster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Funny thing, I just tuned in to ATS front page, whammo, 47 Ronin the movie takes over the screen.
I 3rd the motion

edit on 4-6-2014 by keenasbro because: to add

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I keep getting redirected to my apps store app' whilst accessing ATS via my iphone. Not sure if the qualifies as a rollover add. But extreamly annoying. It only happens on ATS site and only started in the last week or so along with ATS logging me out everytime I leave. So I log in to ATS only to be redirect sometimes with in seconds to the apps, then have to come back to ATS & have to log on AGAIN. Any ideas? I've been accessing ATS for 2 yrs mostly from iphone & never had this problem

edit on 4-6-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

(post by Sonder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I care so little about global warming or climate change or whatever the hell it is EVERY freakin time, it's just too much trouble to bother voting.

So STOP asking me

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sonder
Quoted post removed for T&C violation

"Terms & Conditions

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites."

edit on 4-6-2014 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I got redirected to Lord Of The Rings online sign up page.....
4th...

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
this is the second time in a week that stuff originating here has infected my computer, i will be restoring, thanks for the malware!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree, the ads on ATS have gotten way out of hand! There are times I try to click on "recent threads" then the ads block the top of the screen and I can't get them to go away (even when trying to "x" out) so I need to leave the site and come back.
edit on 4-6-2014 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Lots of threads lately, as we all notice that larger and more aggressive ads have taken us all on rides this week. Big ones, covering half the screen, popping up when you least expect them.

One thread pointed out that the sites slogan, "Deny Ignorance", is now nowhere to be found on the page. Please bring back the slogan, those are words which give the site an identity.

EDIT: And I just found where the front page has been hiding, clicked on it, and was overcome with ads and one of those "Talking" ads. Crying in my near-beer. And these things are what long-term users have to confront now - imagine what new users or lurkers see! I've often said that the ad barrage here must have driven away hundreds of intelligent potential users who come to the site, see this stuff, and run. This is the only site I come to which has ads, besides my email site. When I watch TV I have the clicker handy to turn the ads off or change to a prearranged station, so I'm surprised at myself at becoming a member here - but I'm very glad I did.

edit on 4-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This ad is the one causing problems for me. Hopefully this helps.

DO NOT CLICK on the link unless you are expecting a scam type ad.

www.lpmxp21.com... dll.com&ClickID=nym1CMOCm6CUsYjLIBACGOCItej34fmZWyIOMTcyLjExLjEzOC4xMDEoATDYjb-cBQ..&PubID=176850

edit on 4-6-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Im browsing ATS and suddenly i get a PCUPGRADENOW pop up that im having to fight off as well as a JAVAUPDATE as well.

The fake "Java Update" is a malware scam , rather than an advert ...

If you click on "OK" you get infected

edit on 4-6-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
www.lpmxp208.com... tdll.com&ClickID=nym1CLT05vufn5mjZxACGPyClNPX0ufWMyIOMjE2LjIxOC43NC4yMDQoATCTkr-cBQ..&PubID=176850

Im getting THIS SITE IN PARTICULAR! every minute and a half i t seems.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Similar to the one giving me problems. I'm not stupid enough to click let it download an 'update'.

At least the MODs and ADMIN now know what ads to go after.
edit on 4-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Look through this thread and all but two of you have a very low number of posts, even if you've been here for awhile. For myself, it is rare that I see an ad AT ALL! And the odd times that I do, if it is a roll over ad, I don't roll over it, and miraculously, the ad does not appear. Problem solved. If this happens to you "automatically," move your mouse.

I am not privy to the thresholds ATS uses, but I know that the more you post, the fewer ads you see. I attribute that to my not seeing many ads. I don't remember when that happened for me. I just stopped seeing ads. If you post more, then I suspect the same thing will happen to you. Another issue may be how you use the site. If you land on the ATS home page, you might see ads, but if you land on one of the other pages, such as "recent," as an example, you are likely to see fewer ads. You might want to experiment with how many ads you see on the various pages and adjust accordingly. I always jump to an interior page, and that may be another reason why I see fewer ads.

A third issue with ads is that they are often self-generated. If you click on an ad, you just made friends with that ad and you will see it everywhere you go. I recently was interested in generators, and for several months all I got were generator ads. So click on ads at your peril. One factor here is how you save cookies. If you don't save cookies, those ads tend to go away faster.

Overall, though, if you come onto a site and make a couple hundred posts, you don't suddenly get to tell the site what to do and how to behave. You are not paying for any sort of 'customer service' at all. Zero. Nada. Now, you may have the attitude that if you see too many ads, as defined by you, then that will anger you enough that you will go away and "not support ATS!" Oh, the horror! Given your overall low post rate, you aren't anyway, so the question is, how can we tell? So here you are telling ATS what to do and how to run their site. Surely you don't expect the site to adhere to the guidelines you have set, do you? You aren't in charge, and you really haven't done enough around here to justify anyone paying particular attention to you. So if you like the site well enough, you'll stay, and if you don't you will leave. Internet economics will determine whether or not this site lives or dies. If enough of you hate the site, it will die. If enough of you actually stick around long enough and contribute something of value, it will thrive enough to pay the rent and keep the interest of the people who actually run it.

Which, barring any of you actually paying a subscription, means looking at ads.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Sonder
Quoted post removed for T&C violation

"Terms & Conditions

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites."

Seeing as how that redirects you to a OFF ATS SITE i think the MODS should know about it. It does not even advertise for ATS anywhere on th epage it redirects me to. ANd also How dare you tell me Im not worth anymore than someone who post more than I do. Elitist much?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany
Yes this has been around this site for a while I think.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Very frustrating I could not get out of the jeep add...kept popping back up...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join