It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROll over ads need to be turned into click only

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This just began happening to me. Very annoying. Highly annoying. Enough to make me want to go away and find a different place to play.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yeah the jeep ad keeps kicking my ass too, even when I think I am careful to avoid it. I understand the need for the adverts to generate revenue for the site. But you really should do away with the intrusive, half-page popups. Unless you really are going for the "Underbelly of the Internet Circa Y2K" theme.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
That dang Best Buy ad at the top of the screen is back.
Every time I change pages it pops up in full length and starts running.
ARGH

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   

edit on 5-6-2014 by LuXiferGriM because: edit

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I 4th the motion with absolutely livid hatred these things

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yep Roll over adds as frustrating as Windows 8 Metro. Did you hire a x microsfot employee recently?

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
That dang Best Buy ad at the top of the screen is back.
Every time I change pages it pops up in full length and starts running.
ARGH

It seems the ads need moderation on ATS. if not the internet will bombard sites with them so bad they actually cut revenue instead of adding it by reducing traffic.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Very frustrating I could not get out of the jeep add...kept popping back up...

DITTO!!! That stupid Jeep ad took me 20+ clicks until it finally went away!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I couldn't agree more!!!!

These ads are becoming beyond irritating, they're annoying as hell and who wants to come to ATS just to be annoyed by these things the entire time you're here?

Several times recently, I just decided to log out and go do something else that didn't require me to constantly keep one finger on the trigger, ready to close pop-up ads that are constantly interfering with everything I do on this site.

I vote YES to click only ads. Anything else is just plain intrusive.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The Staff is aware of the problem, and SkepticOverlord has been notified about it. We are looking into it, and will attempt to figure out what is causing it, and how to resolve it. Thanks for your patience as this may take a little time to figure out.

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is a specific Jeep ad that keeps popping up, if you refresh the site and happen to not get that one, it doesn't keep popping up, I just had it happen again, horribly annoying. I'm using Chrome.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Okay admins, I see why the Jeep ad keeps popping up. The "X" to close that ad is on top of the ad itself. So, since you have this set to expand on mouse over, as soon as you click the "X" to close it, your mouse causes the ad to come back up and you can't move the mouse fast enough to move out of the way of the ad to keep it from popping up again.

So, please move the ads down below the top banner and that should fix it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Look, joking aside, I'm not going to visit this site if this continues, it's not worth the hassle.

Just spent 4 minutes closing rapidly refreshing Jeep ads.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I hardly ever, if at all, complain about the site while these types of events transpire but it is getting a bit out of hand.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There's a fairly simple solution.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

We're working on it, but not everyone gets the same ads, so it's not easy to find what we need quickly.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor
I just noticed the jeep ad because I am using a computer with IE.

It needs to go, it prevents people from being able to access ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Seeing how I'm currently in the market for a new automobile, I decided to try a new approach to these intrusive Jeep "Roll-Over" ads.

I actually clicked on the ad, scrolled to the bottom of the page and clicked on the "Contact Us" option and proceeded to inform Jeep that I was indeed in the market for a new auto but due to these ads and the amount of my time they have already wasted, I will NOT be considering any JEEP product in my search.

They need to know how we feel about their "roll-over" ads and even though it may not have any more effect than complaining about them in this forum does, it certainly can't hurt.

I hope more of you do the same. Especially if you're like me and actually in the market for a new auto.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There's a very simple solution: disable all ads until ATS can find an ad provider that doesn't have obnoxious animated ads everywhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

originally posted by: chrismarco

Very frustrating I could not get out of the jeep add...kept popping back up...

DITTO!!! That stupid Jeep ad took me 20+ clicks until it finally went away!!!

On my PC, Internet Explorer 11, I get the Jeep ad and it is a trick to get rid of it because the ad is slightly smaller in width than the trigger container so when you click the close and start to go down with your mouse, it re-activates. I have found that clicking close and immediately moving your mouse up to the URL bar or top of the window and then around to the left of the whole ad container you can circle back to what you were doing and carry on.

No, it isn't ideal but once you get the hang of it, it is less problematic.
Hope that helps!
-evc
edit on 14-6-2014 by evc1shop because: spelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join