It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Dianne Feinstein Disappointed Obama Did Not Give 30-Day Notice on Bergdahl Swap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well even a Democrat Senator is upset about the White House failure to notify Congress about that Gitmo prisoner release the other day.

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein herself is the Chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

She is apparently appalled and has expressed possible distrust (Hmmm).

Very strange indeed that Obama would by-pass Congress with this issue even though he signed the defense bill last December that had specific language about Guantanamo Bay prisoner releases.

It seems everybody involved is playing games with this latest hot potato.

Something very strange is going on behind the scenes I think.

The White House told her it was an "oversight".

Let's hope that was the only "oversight".

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein took at shot at the Obama administration on Tuesday for failing to give lawmakers 30 days' notice about a deal to release five Taliban prisoners from Guantanamo Bay in exchange for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the only POW from America's war in Afghanistan.

"It's very disappointing that there was not a level of trust sufficient to justify alerting us," Feinstein told reporters in the Capitol.

A defense bill that President Obama signed into law in December 2013 requires that Congress be notified 30 days ahead of releasing prisoners from Guantanamo Bay.

Dianne Feinstein Disappointed Lawmakers Not Given 30-Day Notice on Bergdahl Swap

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ohhh ... but he used a signing statement.

I'd guess the people with a (D) behind their name are now finding it necessary to distance themselves from the 'lame duck' when he does what he wants. Ultimately, they're the ones his policies are hurting the most at this time.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hmmm...good press for feensteen...
This woman could come out with proof of her being the messiah and I would still oppose her on every front, just because of her 2A stance.
Punch sand feensteen, you are no American.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Obama broke the law.
That needs to be addressed.

If you or I break the law, we are held accountable.

Obama broke the law.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The White House told her it was an "oversight".

Oversight seems to have become a common occurrence. Given the decade long debate over Gitmo, oversight would be more along the lines of brain dead. We all know it was just him doing whatever he wanted, to heck with laws or protocol.
edit on 6/4/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just the love, "Ooops, my bad" defense of the White House.

Rescind rights?
My bad.

Raise taxes?
Sorry!

Does not obey laws?
My mistake!

Rules by fiat.
Sorry again!!

And time and time again, the people buy this line of garbage!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
as the commander-in-chief, he has a duty to bring home American soldiers being held captive, I applaud him for it.....the military has the job of determining if this guy deserted....that isn't up to the president. as far as the five Taliban, they have been out of it for 12 years....they were replaced along time ago, and there are thousands more that the US has to worry about.
as far as I'm concerned every American soldier held by the enemy should be returned to the US, and I'm glad the president did it. I guess I'm the only one here that thinks that way, I guess to me "support the troops" means something more than a ribbon decal on the back of a SUV.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Obama broke the law.

Exactly which "law" was that?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Wasn't he the only one?

Enemy, as in war? Did we declare war on Afghanistan. I guess they got lumped into the big umbrella called the War on Terror.

edit on 6/4/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: jimmyx

Wasn't he the only one?

Enemy, as in war? Did we declare war on Afghanistan. I guess they got lumped into the big umbrella called the War on Terror.

what does that have to do with him being held for 5 years as a prisoner? that was a political decision, not the soldiers.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: butcherguy
Obama broke the law.

Exactly which "law" was that?

It is included in the National Defense Authorization Act for 2014.

The president ignored a law – which he signed last year – requiring him to notify Congress 30 days before releasing anyone from Guantanamo Bay

Daily Mail

Obama trades
edit on bu302014-06-04T08:44:06-05:0008America/ChicagoWed, 04 Jun 2014 08:44:06 -05008u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Prisoner of police action.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Jamie Dupree said he saw no Dem press releases in support of Obama's decision as they normally do.
Primary elections need to happen more often!

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The hag is too busy trying to disarm Americans and eradicate the second amendment in California and the rest of the nation with her stupid bills to even care.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Presidential Ex Orders you know....

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

Jamie Dupree said he saw no Dem press releases in support of Obama's decision as they normally do.
Primary elections need to happen more often!

Good point.

But I hesitate to actually believe Democrats really really don't support anything Obama does.

In fact I'm sure they are all 100% in favor of everything Obama does.

What they don't say or print is the scary part.

They're using the old "silence is golden" trick.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I guess to me "support the troops" means something more than a ribbon decal on the back of a SUV.

'Support the troops' means NOT releasing five mass murdering terrorists back out into the wild to turn around and mass murder people all over again. 'Support the troops' doesn't mean inviting that nitwit father to the White House to spout prayers to Allah and to run his mouth about getting all GITMO prisoners released. Obama doesn't support the troops. Not one bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well even a Democrat Senator is upset about the White House failure to notify Congress about that Gitmo prisoner release the other day. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
what does that have to do with him being held for 5 years as a prisoner?

He wasn't held prisoner. He walked off his duty station and went looking for the Taliban. He went flying into their open arms. He was there because he wanted to be. He wasn't a prisoner.

CNN - Commander intercepted radio chatter - Deserter was Looking for English Speaking Taliban

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I can't get over the sheer stupidity of that move.

For the last 6 years they pain stakingly avoided calling it a war.

There is no formal 'surrender' or 'victory'.

And they label that guy a 'pow'.

The only people who threw their hands up in the air, and said 'I give up' was the current administration.

It is no wonder the current US admin is the laughingstock of the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join