It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration unveils controversial emissions cap on power plants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Or, or, neo, forced commerce to force the population into supporting whatever corporate America is trying to sell this days, along with the government, remember is always somebody out there that will believe anything the snail oil sells man is offering.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: beezzer

He, he, Beezzer thanks for cementing my comment, US is the only one pushing clima change, global warming, taxing cows fart and other things and lets cap and trade everything because in Americas is always somebody at the top that needs to keep oppressing the hard working tax payer, profits, profits and more profits.

I guess the working class makes too much money and they have to share with the profiteers and the government.

Other nations are pushing global warming.
Nations push for clean energy as weapon against global warming

Switzerland — World leaders who have gathered in the Swiss ski resort of Davos are pushing for nations to shift to cleaner energy sources as the best way to contain global warming and re-energize the global economy. U.N. climate chief Christiana Figueres, reflecting the top billing that climate change has in Davos this year, said the world economy is at risk unless a binding deal is agreed in Paris in 2015 to lower heat-trapping carbon emissions from coal and oil. "It is important that we get the treaty because the signal to the markets, the signal to the global economy, needs to be stronger than it is right now," she said in an Associated Press interview on Wednesday, opening day of the World Economic Forum.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

What can I say, everybody wants to cash in the scam, that is what capitalism is all about, after all we can not waste the fact that Earth clima is changing be by man made or just natural occurrences.

I guess when earth experience their last clima change and species were lost it was the dinosaurs fault because their fart.

But then again, is so much scams to be created and so much profit to be made.

So many bunkers for the elite to build so they can preserve their kind.

yes I been sarcastic, so don't mind me it has nothing to do with you.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The more things cost the less people buy.

Try telling that to Apple, Nike and other companies that sell overpriced products that the public just can't do without.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Or, or, neo, forced commerce to force the population into supporting whatever corporate America is trying to sell this days, along with the government, remember is always somebody out there that will believe anything the snail oil sells man is offering.

There is no or there.

Here in order to 'save' the planet.

GO OUT and BUY more corporate products like solar panels, wind turbines, etc .

That all depend on the climate to work.

But,but,but the climate is CHANGING !

In that delusional world it makes 'sense' to push a technology that depends on the climate to work creating a new energy 'cartel' because the last one is so 'passe'.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The more things cost the less people buy.

Try telling that to Apple, Nike and other companies that sell overpriced products that the public just can't do without.

How is that apples fault ?

Why yes Americans are going 'green' while they make apple billions of dollars polluting the world by that iphone made in China using fossile fuels.

But that aint good enough.

More and more products will be made there, and shipped here, all using fossi fuels.

Meanwhile the masses think they are 'saving' the planet with asinine 'laws' that is making things more expensive, and putting millions of people out of work.

Great job!

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Agree with you, but you know what, I was watching in the news a couple that found a way to use our best natural free resource "the sun" to generate power that could cheaply help the nations in the world.

Their Idea is to use the highways as energy generators with solar cells rather than asphalt, I think the idea is amazing but you know corporate America they will kill them before such a cheaply way of energy is even started.

Now the town where the couple live, is planning to install the first cells as a trial basis in a parking lot, so far their idea has attracted anonymous donors with a total of over a 1 million dollars in donations.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And WE had that power plant fire in Colorado Springs...I wonder?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The President was more-or-less forced into unilaterally enacting these new CO2 emission guidelines because of the fact that our current Congress doesn't seem to be able to accomplish anything other than endless hearings into fake scandals and occasionally naming a few new post offices.

Judging by this particular issue, I think a big part of the congressional log-jamb is due to the fact that our modern day "Jekyll & Hyde," GOP/TP can't seem to make up their minds what they're actually in favor of. One day they're climate change believers and in favor of cap & trade legislation and then the next day they're science denying obstructionist idiots.

I got some news for your guys, just being against everything Obama does just because he's the one doing it isn't going to work in the long run and it's issues like this one that reveal the inherent hypocrisy of the modern day GOP/TP for all to see. By and large, people aren't as dumb as you may expect and the GOP's repeated obstructionist tactics over the past five years is going to come back to bite them in the ass.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I was going to bring that up too, but you should also point out that democrats fought market based trading.
Cap and trade is good...when it's our idea and not theirs.

But in reality the SO2 "experiment" showed that a trading program can be cost effective.

The Acid Rain Program, while not without flaws, is viewed as a success by almost all measures. Certainly it demonstrated that broad-based cap-and-trade systems can be used to achieve significant emissions reductions, that firms can navigate and regulators can enforce the compliance requirements of such systems, and that giving the private sector flexibility to pursue a range of abatement options can simultaneously protect the environment, stimulate innovation and diffusion, and reduce aggregate costs.

www.voxeu.org...
edit on 6/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Perhaps the reason for congress no to waste their time with the Cap and trade is because is nothing more than scam pushed by the profiteers of clima change.

It is great to see how the president keep using his mighty pen to by pass congress because to him congress is obsolete and unnecessary.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhageCutting SOx emissions was child's play.
Cutting CO2 emissions is a lot more difficult to do without having a detrimental effect on the economy.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Perhaps the reason for congress no to waste their time with the Cap and trade is because is nothing more than scam pushed by the profiteers of clima change.

And those acid rain moaning republican profiteers?

The thing is, it worked pretty well. I don't know of anyone who made a fortune on it and it had a range of benefits. Environmental as well as economic. You should read about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Dear I subscribe to no political party or have any affiliation I bash both side equally, regardless, but one thing is for sure profiteering in America is rampant within out own for the people political trash.

And I have to add that congress this days is nothing but a joke, they don't like Obama by majority but the don't do a darn thing to stop his agenda, the corporate NSA most have all of them under their foot.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Why? Why can a trading program not work as well for CO2 as it did with SO2?

It should also be noted that a trading program is only one method of reaching emission goals outlined in the proposal. There are others and there is no requirement that any of them be used.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yes. Congress is pretty ineffective.
But this doesn't really have much to do with what Congress at this point, except for their arm waving.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Something is definitely wrong with our nation system of government, because obviously we are been run by profiteers and agendas pushers.

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Do you understand the concept of cap and trade?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

In you humble opinion,

Do you think these proposals are going to be effective in stopping the climate change ?

And have you looked over the proposals and how each State has a different set of "goals".

There's something in the page 190-200's range.

opinions?

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Indigo5
If you look into it, you will find that dust from the windstorms in Africa is deposited in the US. Particulates travel around the globe.
You surely won't deny that Chinese coal burning adds CO2 to our atmosphere? It is what they are talking about when they go on about 'carbon credits' is it not?

Yes...and the water you drink was once dinosaur piss. There is a difference between scientifically detectable particulates and the effen hell towns near coal mines suffer. And is your suggestion that our policy on climate change should be the grade-school logic of "you first"??? Because China pollutes, it's OK we do? No offense but that entire retort of yours to the links I provided is nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join