It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest thing I ever saw

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Several years back I had an experience that I've not forgotten and wanted to share it with you. I was working 2nd shift, and carpooled with 2 other people. Approx 1:00 am we were driving home from work, when we came upon a road construction project - there were hardly any other cars due to the late hour. There were orange cones lining the street as we've all seen many times. There was a cop who was waving the few cars that were there through the site - he was wearing sunglasses, which we all though odd, being it was dark out, but here's where it gets weird. After we passed the cop, the orange cones continued to be spaced at approx 15 foot intervals - in exactly the spot where one of the cones should have been - there was a childs rocking horse.
I don't know why it seemed so strange, but all three of us got the willies, and to this day when we get together it always comes up and sends chills down the spine.

Just wanted to share that with you, and would love to hear anything strange stories that happened to any of you.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For the record, I'm creeped out. Could you actually see any construction work being done? Was the cop waving you around the cones or just doing the "move along" wave? Very odd.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sounds like an acid trip to me.

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

For the record, I'm creeped out. Could you actually see any construction work being done? Was the cop waving you around the cones or just doing the "move along" wave?

You know I really don't recall seeing any work being done, but frankly we weren't really looking. We were looking at the cop - doing the "move along" wave. It just seemed so out of place that we all 3 noticed it - but when that rocking horse was there - man you could have heard twilite zone music it was so disconcerting.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Whoa, that does seem strange bud. I would definately get the heebie jeebies if I saw something like that. It could be anything ranging from a:
another dimension, historic spot of where rituals were held, grave yard, or where an old building once stood. Like I said, could be ANYTHING.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I couldn't tell you what it was, but let me tell you it wasn't quite right. I never get weirded out, but 3 years late I still get goosebumps!

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
lol, aight... so the cop, seeing that they didn't have enough cones to fill a spot which he thought should be covered, whipped his kid's rocking horse out from his trunk and put it there, figuring "hey, better than nothing." Also, he may have had shades on to keep the glare down from the construction lights. And some cops probably also wear them, even at night, just to look cool. You know, that "CHIPS" look. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Here's one of the strangest things I have ever seen:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Cue the X-Files Music!

That is indeed strange, I wonder if you guys stepped out of physical reality and landed yourself in an alternate reality for a few hundred feet. I have heard tales of this before.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I had a strange occurance happen on a seeming normal day once.
It was 1986, i was up early for work but the dog had got out and run off down the street so by the time i was ready to leave it was about 5.50 (am)
Note: you tend to look at the clock/s alot when your running late, and id seen 5.47 on the kitchen clock and 5.49 on the video in the lounge as I left the house.
I had to run to the train station (Elizabeth S.A.) to catch the train. Arriving at 6.04 by the station clock, just in time to here an announcement that my train was running late. It arrived at 6.09 (again by the station clock) and i hunkered down in my seat trying to keep warm. (it was winter and bloody freezing)
Within a stop or two i fell asleep and awoke again at roughly the half way mark, just as the train left Ovingham station. I immediatly closed my eyes again and drifted off knowing exactly how long I had to go before I reached terminus at Adelaide grand central station to catch an ajoining train.
I woke suddenly in a bit of a panic as the train pulled in to Adelaide (not unsual as you know if you ever fell asleep on a train). So, rushing thru the terminal to get a connecting train, since I was late, I bumped into my brother who lived in another suburb but worked at the same place.
He was having a leisurly breakfast of sausages and stuff at a station diner.
So i ask him why he didnt catch our regular connecting train and hes having a nice big slow brekky.
He says, He woke an hour early thinking it was later because he dosent use an alarm clock and he got to Adelaide and realised he had plenty of time, and then he asked me why im so early.
Im thinking, geez, stop smoking on the way to work
were both late.
But he says no were not its only 6 am and he points out the station clock , sure enuff it does indeed say 6 am but im not buying it naturally. The clock has to be stuffed. So i ask an fella walking by, yup 6am.
Now im confused as hell, like "wtf?"
So i go ask the person behind the counter in the newsagents, and she says a few minutes after 6. So does another person, who gives me a weird look.
So I left Elizabeth station at 6.09 and travel roughly 25 minutes and arrive at 6am. Go figure!
Anyway, my brother an I catch a connecting train, and arrive outside work half hour early.
I never figured it out. this is the only strange "paranormal" or certainly abnormal thing that has ever happened to me.
Incidently, i rang the time (recorded service) when i got home to check the clocks were right and they were. Neither was it changeover day, or anywhere near it, for daylight savings.
I dont by abduction, with other people in the train, so it remains a mystery.
Has anyone else honestly experienced a similar "time anomaly" that they dont immediatly put down to being abducted by aliens?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
One possibility that theoretically can occur is temporary spacial dislocation. It is an annomoly that allows a single point or item to exist in two places at once. Just a possibility.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
something strange that happened to me even though im not sure what happened was i was listening to music in bed with the lights on and i seemed to get into the song and zoned out next thing i know the radio was off and the light was broken not exactly sure what happened but during it it just seemed like the song went on for an infintive loop.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
That indeed is strange, the cop and rocking horse.

I experienced that infinite loop with music while on ecstacy at an afterhours club. The same song seemed to play all night for six hours.

I had a lot of strange experiences: one that comes to mind is a camping trip that I went on with my mother, her friend, and a daughter of a friend (whom was crazy as hell considering she hit me with a rock... ok a boulder) when I was young. It was a nice place; big lake and a forest. We set up some tents and spent a few days there. It was nighfall on the last night of our trip and we heard some chanting in the distance. Being ignorant of many things I thought nothing of it. But my mother and her friend were quite frightened.

So frightened in fact, that we all got in the car (I'm quite sure that we left the tents because I don't remember packing them or setting them back up later) and drove off. Now the road to and from the place is narrow and is connected on either side by a narrower bridge --only one car can pass at any time-- so we had to wait for one car to cross before we could. Now at this point I was scared and was hiding underneath a blanket. After crossing the bridge and a short distance down the road, the car stopt suddenly and "D", I will designate my mother's friend, "freaked out" for lack of a better term. She claimed that as she was driving she spotted a man in a robe crossing the road and nearly hit him with the car. At this point I felt us as we were driving in reverse and managed to return to the campsite.

We got out of the car but "D" locked herself in and wouldn't come out. My mother, if I remember correctly, gave me a hatchet for self-protection and I sat listening to the chanting in the backround until I fell asleep. The next morning we packed everything up properly and got out of there. As we drove off we noticed from our vantage a very large bonfire that had been extinguished but still billowed smoke into the air.

Now from what I was told, when we drove back to the campsite the previous night, we didn't drive back using the road but drove over the lake. This I don't believe knowing such a thing to be impossible considering the depth of the lake. I can only vouch for what I saw and heard. Also, my mother and her friend "D" had been drinking, that I am sure of, so their perception of reality must have been somewhat obscured. The chanting and the bonfire that I witnessed is enough to hypothesise that some sort of ritual was taking place that night.

I would like to catch something like that happening today. Just as an observer.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I would be thankful for an appropriately placed rocking horse at times.

In parts of Latin America, when roadworks on major freeways take place, the end of the freeway is marked by a burning oil lamp, visible from some way off in the desert.

Once you know this is how the end of a freeway is marked, you learn that it is time to slow down in advance.

Before you learn this, you can be barreling along at 120mph, noticing that the freeway has ended as you leave it, over a four foot drop onto bumpy unsealed yet-to-be-made-into-any-semblance-of-a-road surface. It is a good test of reflexes the first time.

Oh, for road cones and rocking horses throughout civilization.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
alright so i'm staying at this motel in upstate new york , i had only been there for a week, and everynight some guy would call me. i'd pick up the phone and she would just go on and on about "i know who you are", "don't be scared", "i need to see you", I would also get alot of banging on my door in the middle of the night. Well i didn't Know anybody at the hotel, or in town. after the first week i had the guy at the front counter put up a block on the phone, that means No one could call in from the outside and no one could call me from another room.

Well obvously that next night my phone rang. I picked it up and it was the same crap all over again. I hung up the phone and the dude kept on calling back a couple times, until i was like "if your in this Freakin motel, i'm gonna drag out in the snow and beat you to death" i hung up, i marched over to the front desk guy. He was watching some old tv show. I started screaming at him for not blocking my phone,

He looked at me like i was crazy , he picked up his phone and dialed my room number , it wouldn't go through , he was like see it's blocked. Then he explained that all the calls have to go through him before it reaches my room.at their haven't been any calls for any rooms that night.

So i politely said well maybe someone is calling me from the motel. then he mentioned that it's blocked that way too, and that there is nobody else staying at the motel aside from me, that they have had only two customers the whole week and one was me the other a couple that just checked out that morning.

Well it was a fun two months i stayed there, alot of creepy stuff. it got to the point where i just rented a room from a freind i made for the rest of my trip. upstate new york Creepy place people.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Yeah, that's definitely a reason to hide in the closet and **** on yourself. Well, all I can say is either the clerk was playing a joke on you, which I doubt. Or maybe it was the mothmen. I wish the mothmen would come visit me. We'd have a hell of a time.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Mephorium]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mephorium
Yeah, that's definitely a reason to hide in the closet and **** on yourself. Well, all I can say is either the clerk was playing a joke on you, which I doubt. Or maybe it was the mothmen. I wish the mothmen would come visit me. We'd have a hell of a time.

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Mephorium]

LOL yeah, back then i was a skinny 18yr old, i forgot to mention the banging and the voices outside , "yeah he's in there" "he'll come out" "come out here"LOL it's not funny , but it is. I never even thought of the mothman thing, Now i'm seriously creeped out!!! I could write a creepy-ss book on all the things i experience travel the country staying at budget freindly motels. No wonder i went out so much back then. i definetly wanna hear about other creepy stories!!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
These stories remind me so much of my childhood which was filled with what now realize were psychic, paranormal events. Sometimes predicting future events which I then would see news headlines and say didn't this happen days ago and I would recall details of the events. Anyway one was we were driving to my families farm and I knew the roads and what to expect every trip and this one was at night so I was in the back just watching out the window probably listening to music. and we go by a neighbouring farm where I see some hay or straw bails on fire and people just walking around them I was amazed that my parents wouldn't say anything like look at that it was quite an awesome sight at night or at any time. I just said did you see that and no one seemed to respond they just looked straight ahead. So anyway the next day I tell my farmer uncle and we both drive down and look and sure enough the bails are there in tact as always and he just says I must have been dreaming. Anyway to make a long story short 3 days later news comes at night that lightening had hit the neighbouring farm and as we drive down to see if things were ok we stumble upon this scence of bails on fire and people walking around I just remember this strong sense of justification in my thoughts and have always had strong dejavu ever since.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Does this still happen to you: can you still see events before they happen?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
alright so i'm staying at this motel in upstate new york , i had only been there for a week, and everynight some guy would call me. i'd pick up the phone and she would just go on and on about "i know who you are", "don't be scared", "i need to see you", I would also get alot of banging on my door in the middle of the night. Well i didn't Know anybody at the hotel, or in town. after the first week i had the guy at the front counter put up a block on the phone, that means No one could call in from the outside and no one could call me from another room.

Well obvously that next night my phone rang. I picked it up and it was the same crap all over again. I hung up the phone and the dude kept on calling back a couple times, until i was like "if your in this Freakin motel, i'm gonna drag out in the snow and beat you to death" i hung up, i marched over to the front desk guy. He was watching some old tv show. I started screaming at him for not blocking my phone,

He looked at me like i was crazy , he picked up his phone and dialed my room number , it wouldn't go through , he was like see it's blocked. Then he explained that all the calls have to go through him before it reaches my room.at their haven't been any calls for any rooms that night.

So i politely said well maybe someone is calling me from the motel. then he mentioned that it's blocked that way too, and that there is nobody else staying at the motel aside from me, that they have had only two customers the whole week and one was me the other a couple that just checked out that morning.

Well it was a fun two months i stayed there, alot of creepy stuff. it got to the point where i just rented a room from a freind i made for the rest of my trip. upstate new york Creepy place people.

Upstate New York is pretty country. Where were you staying in upstate new york? I am from Waterloo. Anywhere near there?
I will gladly investigate for you. There is alot of mom and pop motels there.

Peace dude!

[edit on 1-12-2004 by Are u for real???]

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It was by albany, i was working at the crossgates mall, the motel was a couple miles a way , Coca's motel

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join