It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest thing I ever saw

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well there is most likely a thruway authority in nj because theres one in NY that takes care of highways and thruways they are like cops but take care of the highways and thruways and the trooper has to wait for one to come and take a report and pick it up.. if something is in the road because actually its not the cops job to take it off the street its the thruway and highway authoritys job so he was probly waiting for a thruway or highway truck to pick it up thats the best i can come up with.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sorry if this is lingo, but what do you mean by...

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
...with eyes out on stalks...
?

If it were New York city, it'd be easily explained. One of the thousand actors who just got turned down for another role on broadway. New Yorkers tend not to see anything unless it directly affects them. Kidding guys, don't take me seriously please

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
o let me get this straight. The rocking horse was EXACTLY where a cone should be? If it was EXACTLY where a cone should have been, that is absolutlely creepy. I've heard of the Pine barrens. Isn't that where the Jersey Devil lives? What time of year did this happen?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'd traveled with a friend to New York City and we heading out at night on the interstate highway. Only a short ways down the road, his old van broke down so his brother delivered an old loaner car to us, and we then continued our journey.

Going down the highway on this pitch black December night, we were listening to this mystery hour on the radio and the story got more and more suspenseful, and we were virtually riding on the edges of our seats with baited breath, when at the climax of the story, BAM! The engine in the car blew up!

Two vehicles having bit the dust, we proceeded to hitchhike, but nobody would pick us up. I suggested we split up as we'd have a better chance of catching rides, so sure enough, shortly he gets a ride and then me, and I think to myself "heh, heh, I'll beat him back to Pennsylvania and since he's a guy, he'll probably be days behind me!"

And I ended up walking for an entire day and then stranded at an exit ramp for another day, and he beat me home by 2 days!

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Going down the highway on this pitch black December night, we were listening to this mystery hour on the radio and the story got more and more suspenseful, and we were virtually riding on the edges of our seats with baited breath, when at the climax of the story, BAM! The engine in the car blew up!

Man talk about bad luck! I hope that you at least managed to hear the conclusion of the Mystery!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes, it was quite creepy. To answer your question the rocking horse was pretty much EXACTLY where one of the cones should have been. - It was perhaps 20 yards past where the cop was standing. It was not right next to him by any means.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

let me get this straight. The rocking horse was EXACTLY where a cone should be? If it was EXACTLY where a cone should have been, that is absolutlely creepy. I've heard of the Pine barrens. Isn't that where the Jersey Devil lives? What time of year did this happen

Like I said it was pretty much where a cone should have been. I didn't get out and measure, but it was pretty much dead on. That is one of the things that was so unsettling about it. Yes, to answer your question, that is where the Jersey Devil lives. I live right in the middle of Jersey Devil territory in fact. I don't recall the date, but it was around Sept/Oct.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have vivid dreams and I usually remember them in the morning. This is a time when I was in college and one night I dreamt about my chemistry professor. He told me he had an urgent conference to attend out of town and asked me if I could drive him there. I even remember the type of car. It was a red classic style car something like a mustang convertible. Weird dream but so are many other I just shrugged it off and got dressed.
Anyway in the morning I go to school and as it turns out I had chem. As I walk into the class there's a bit of a buzz or excited chatter going around and as I look to the teacher's desk a chill goes up my spine. The teacher wasn't there! There was a substitute. I still have a memory image imprint of that exact moment. I thought that was pretty freaky and proceeded to tell some of my friends about it afterwards. The thing is that the prof never said he was going to miss class and no one knew either. I asked around if anyone knew. That's also why there's was a buzz going around at the beginning of class. Nor have I ever talked to the prof outside of class -I wasn't that type of student. It's weird cuz he was a senior prof which was the type to never miss a class. But he happened to miss the class the day I had my precog dream. Nor do I ever dream about this particular teacher. It was my only one in fact. He was there the next class a few days later. I believe he said he came down with the flu -something that rarely happens to him. It was the only class he missed that semester. I also believe he said it was the only class he missed in several years. True story. Wish I precogged something more useful though.

[edit on 16-2-2005 by mac_rider]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Superdude - I have goosebumps over that! Man I think I would have moved out of there as quick as my car could go. You say you're in the Pine Barrens? Lots of paranormal out there.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You may believe it or not, but I'm not lying

I live in Vancouver, BC. A couple years ago, probably 2004 or 2005, I took #49 bus from my college (Langara college) going to Metrotown Mall. The bus was a bit empty, I sat by myself and there were a couple people onboard. I thought that I would just sleep or something. After 15 minutes in the bus, I couldn't really sleep, so I just looked to the right outside enjoying the view of the houses and cars. I sat on the right side in the middle of the bus. On the way to Metrotown, there is this one pretty small forest in the middle of a neighborhood. The size of the forest is just about 1 block, that's it (pretty small). Now, I looked to the middle of the forest and there, I saw a girl, wearing all white in the middle of the forest!! She was looking at me and her face looked pale and expressionless. Probably she was about 50 - 70 steps away from the bus.

I don't know if other people saw her, but I saw her and she was looking at me. Just about 3 - 5 blocks away, there is a huge cemetary there. So I really don't know if I saw human or not, and that was just creepy. Immediately after seeing her, I thought of the movie "the ring". Creepy!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDignity

Ah, what a lovely time slip!

At least that's what it sounds like.
(However, do remember that people can and often do the most unexpected things and find themselves in the most unexpected places...)

There are several threads here where we discussed this type of events.
Be sure to dig them up.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join