It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess how many earthquakes there were between January and April 2013 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Pretty neat short video from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center showing a 4 month period in 2013.. Enjoy
Guess how many earthquakes there were between January and April 2013... Answer: alot.. actually was a record

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Neat.
Your title says 2013 though, it is 2014 on the video.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

As January to June is "earthquake season" i'm not surpriced,it's pretty much the same pattern every year.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Neat.
Your title says 2013 though, it is 2014 on the video.

That might be when the vid was posted on youtube? The original article said it was from 2013...?

Take a guess: How many earthquakes do you think happened between January and April of last year? A dozen? Maybe two dozen on the high side? You're way off. Watch this insane time-lapse map from the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center to see just how many quakes happened in a record-setting four month span

videos.komando.com...

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Look at the timestamp running on the video and the producer of the video. I doubt if it is from 2013.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Look at the timestamp running on the video and the producer of the video. I doubt if it is from 2013.

good point; I think either way it was a bunch....

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Watched the video and still have no clue as to how many quakes???

Where do I need to look?

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The screen-grab of the video posted shows Chile's M8.2 from this year.

Chile did not have any mag 8's in 2013.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Watched the video and still have no clue as to how many quakes???

Where do I need to look?

I think you have to quick count ? !

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

So the burning question for me is...

As January to June is "earthquake season" i'm not surpriced,it's pretty much the same pattern every year.

Why is that? What is it about that time of year that makes it an "earthquake season"?

~Namaste

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Well...I would really like to know that to, as i have no clue either, what causes this " uptick " in earthquakes especially small to medium with a sprinkle of the usuall high one's in the "same" areas ( countrys ).

I have just observed it while watching quakes for 5 to 6 years, and it follows the same pattern all around the world, and it's allmost " Predicteble in this period" where activity will hit based on observation over a period of years.

But, the cause i don't know...

edit on 30-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think, when we roll over the plane of the earths equator in relation to the sun, we increase stresses on the earth for a little while. That would probably mean that there could be more quakes a little after march 21st and september 21st. There is also another thing, we travel from the northern hemisphere of the sun to the southern hemisphere, we do not follow the equator. This coupled with the flipping of the solar cycle might actually have some influence but can actually balance things out sometimes. Now, if you plot all these things together with planetary alignments, you might be able to see a pattern emerge. That is way too much for me to do, so this idea is just speculation.
edit on 30-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne
a reply to: Mianeye

So the burning question for me is...

Why is that? What is it about that time of year that makes it an "earthquake season"?

~Namaste

Lengthening of the day in the Northern hemisphere is my guess.

More sun = More heat = More kinetic energy absorbed by the large Earth plates in the Northern Hemisphere, heat absorbed must be release to remain in balance.

Energy released = earthquake.

posted on May, 30 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Sun's heat has no effect so deep where earthquakes happen. The heat from the core is dominant there. There is no earthquake seasons, except in some areas where very minor scale (less than 1 magnitude) earthquakes occur near the surface. Iceland is one of these places, when icy ground melts, which releases stress. But these all are less than 1 magnitude and in depth from 0,1km to surface.
edit on 30-5-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join