It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Canada :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Greetings,

I've been reading ATS for a couple years now & decided to join in hope of learning more through the interaction with other users.

I'm fascinated with Ancient Civilizations, I have been all my life. It first started with the Egyptians & then in my teenage years I started to learn about the Mayans. Now thanks to ATS I can expand into different cultures, some of which I've never heard of before until now.

I also love nature!!! I'm currently watching the BBC documentary series 'Planet Earth' (the first one they released that was short) & love learning about all these animals surviving in some pretty crazy circumstances. The Cave episode was neat & it was interesting to see the three creatures that have evolved into having no eyesight. Truly amazing!

I'm new to a lot of other concepts so bare with me, I'm very open minded & will take most things into consideration. That being said, there are some things that I am pretty set in but I've had been in a big class debate before that have changed a belief that I had been pretty set in. Now I'm glad that I had that debate & saw things from a different perspective that I hadn't seen before.

I'm just a girl, seeking the truth
Peace

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Welcome to the asylum.. erm.. ats ..enjoy your visit ..
Check your sanity at the door .. happy hour starts at 1700 b.y.o.b ..

The rest will be along shortly ..
Gotta run my macaque trying to steal my beer again ..

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Welcome, and i agree ancient civilizations are intriguing, looking forward to your input. Ancient civilizations rock! S&F

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, fellow Canuck!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Welcome aboard

(Oh and don't trust the lumberjack above..he works all day but wishes he was a girlie just like his dear Mamma).

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Welcome aboard, fellow Canuck!

I like the canucks as a fish but not as a hockey team
I'm old school and am an oilers fan.
I also like CFL better than hockey

Thanks for the greeting eh :p

Thank you to everyone else & yes I'll check my sanity at the door.

How people behave on here is interesting compares to other online sites, it gives good insight into the human condition (which I find interesting and am always curious about what makes my fellow person tick they way they do)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hello Margana!

You'll find around 100 forums here, covering everything from Ancient Civilizations to Breaking News to Political Events and much more. All are welcome and everyone can contribute equally, so please come right in and make yourself at home!

For now, you are only able to post to existing threads or, if you need help, send private messages to Staff as well as the Complaint and Suggestion form. Once you've contributed some posts to threads around the site, you'll be able to make your own threads for others to enjoy.

There are also a few threads you'll want to look over as soon as you get the chance. They are important and helpful too!

Terms and Conditions / Reaffirming ATS Policies

Using the Features of ATS / Avatar Upload Instructions

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

Frequently Asked Questions Of All Kinds!

More tips, tricks and help can be found in the Freshmen's Forum or Board Business & Questions forum.

Remember, Above All, Enjoy Yourself!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Margana

Nice intro !

Welcome to ATS Fellow Canadien !! (Yeah, read about the oilers but couldn't help it..I'm a Canadien Fan)..

You'll find some awesome threads on ancient civilizations in the ATS search function (on the right side of your private messages envelope)..

Have fun & enjoy !!!

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Welcome fellow Canadian and I too love nature and have posted some sunrise/sunset and general photographic pics in members photography threads. You should have a look, some pics are breathtaking. There are other members' photograpy threads which are very impressive as well - you can use the search function to find them. Have fun but first make sure your skin is thick and your backbone strong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Welcome,

and a Double Double?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I never thought about posting nature pictures. I went on a road trip to the kootenays over the may long weekend and took 100+ pics. Of course I'd only share my best ones on here :p

(I don't know if there is a way to make a response to another user in this thread so I'll just put the username in bold)

luciddream
I'm not a big fan of timmie's actually. I hated working there (yes I was a Timmie Hoe :p ) & I wish the doughnuts weren't frozen. Back when I could drink coffee, I would get a mocha or the ice capps (depending on the season). Unfortunately most of the employees in my town don't know how to make a mocha properly & it always tasted like ass.
edit on 28-5-2014 by Margana because: adjusting spacing

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Margana

I never thought about posting nature pictures. I went on a road trip to the kootenays over the may long weekend and took 100+ pics. Of course I'd only share my best ones on here :p

(I don't know if there is a way to make a response to another user in this thread so I'll just put the username in bold)

luciddream
I'm not a big fan of timmie's actually. I hated working there (yes I was a Timmie Hoe :p ) & I wish the doughnuts weren't frozen. Back when I could drink coffee, I would get a mocha or the ice capps (depending on the season). Unfortunately most of the employees in my town don't know how to make a mocha properly & it always tasted like ass.

Oh, I'd love to see your 'best' pics of the Kootenays in British Columbia - such beauty does our fair country possess.

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Greetings Earthling!

Welcome to ATS

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Not fan of Timmies either, i like the occasional Honey dip at work, and i dont drink coffee.

Hwere you at East or West?

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I will eventually get them up. B.C is sooo beautiful!!!! Driving there had me in awe. The Earth is so beautiful & we are tiny & insignificant in comparison. Long after we are dead, the Earth will go on. It make take a few million or so but it will bounce back.

Luciddream
I'm from B.C but in a town that has a lot to be desired. I'm hoping to move to the Koots but there is a lot to investigate first.

new topics

top topics

join