It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What/Who created God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sorry this is my first post and not sure whether it is in the right section .

This is something i been think of for a long time.

If God created the universe. Then who/what created God and then if who/what created God who/what created that which created God. And it goes in. Fundamentaly If everything has to have an origin what is the origin of the origin?

It is now that i am in my state of confusion.

[edit on 30-11-2004 by GANJAMAN]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Man may not be capable of embracing "imortality" because everything man knows has a begining and an ending. Life/Death, start/stop. In fact it is "we" who are "different" in the universe. I suspect eternity is the "norm" and man is the "stepchild" existence.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If God created time he is obviously not governed by it. In the same way that we cannot comprehend Higher Spatial dimensions we cannot comprehend other temporal dimensions, or lack of. If you read into a bit of HigherDimensional theory you can see solutions to such paradoxes.

But then it�ll start getting complicated when other members introduce you to Time illusion theories and such, be prepared for a brain overload.

You won�t exactly get a clear cut answer, but interesting theories none the less.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
SONY created God!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
First consider the concept of "NOTHING". Period. If there was nothing we wouldnt be here to question it. Why then question what is? Why must everything be "created"?. This implies a "creator" which/who may or may not exist. The universe simply is. Is light the absence of darkness or darkness the absence of light? Is what is, the absence of nothing? Can "NOTHING" be the absence of anything? So if the universe just simply is, then what is missing?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
First consider the concept of "NOTHING". Period. If there was nothing we wouldnt be here to question it. Why then question what is? Why must everything be "created"?. This implies a "creator" which/who may or may not exist. The universe simply is. Is light the absence of darkness or darkness the absence of light? Is what is, the absence of nothing? Can "NOTHING" be the absence of anything? So if the universe just simply is, then what is missing?

Nothing can only exist when you have something that is not nothing by which to give it existence. See things only exist (in the way that we define them) through duality. I and other, me and you, apple and orange. You or I are only you or I because there is something that is not you or I.

Here is the trick to it. Ask yourself what if everything was the same thing? What if everything was broken down to its component parts or in fact Part. Let us take Energy for example...wait, let's take water as it is easier to visualize. What if everything was water and I mean everything? If everything is water without containers to give it different forms then everything is the same thing. AND if everything is the same thing then it was nothing that is not itself by which to give it existence through duality. Hence Everything is also Nothing at the same time.

Got a head ache yet?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
it is all the same thing...that is known.....it is the fact that there is a restraining force holding it all together...god is the restraining force holding all together...we be so little..too many people think they too big....but we cannot know fully because our brains would explode
i am just sure of it

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
that question makes absolutely NO sense at all!!!!
I cant even begin to answer it without contradicting my self, so go along with me

if someone was to create "God" then "God" wouldnt be God now would "he"?
point being.... no one can create God, its impossible.
God is eternal, silly, just as something in the universe must be eternal, God can not have a beginning cause if he did he wouldnt be God, and he would come out of nothing which is impossible unless ya wanna violate some laws.

as soon as my friend who has never had children has a grandchild while never having a child, I will then start to belive something can come from nothing.
point stated?!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If nobody created "God", then I see no reason why the universe has to be created, either.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
If nobody created "God", then I see no reason why the universe has to be created, either.

Thats what I tried to say! Thanks.

Got any Asprin Jonna ?:w:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
just because you dont see why something happened ,does that change the fact that it did?...when have our thoughts realy impacted the reality of past,present..or the future....cant say it works for me...something much bigger going on here.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We humans like to think Start-Stop, Beginning-End. That makes us question the eternalness of God. If there is no end to Him, where is the beginning? IF he had one, we are not told of it. We are only told of his existance at the beginning of Creation.
See Genesis, chapter 1 verse 1: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (KJV )
That's always been enough for me. I guess that really isn't an answer to your question, is it?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
People, Mankind, Humanity created "God" to help understand and grasp what cannot be known.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
first off, people may not have created God. If God exist and showed himself to people back then, God exist, and was not created by people. so basically, it all dates back to the "is there a God" and no one makes God, silly. other wise, the thing made wouldnt be "God" would it now?

and a reason to belive the universe isnt eternal is because of hydrogen and stuff and the second law of thermodynamics.
wouldnt the hyrdogen be used up if it was eternal
the 2nd law of thermo dynamics state that everything left in its natural state will go from order to chaos.
why would the opposite be true about the universe?
doesnt it contradict itself, these thinkings

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
After considering this thread a bit, I wanted to know what everyone thinks of this idea. If God consumates everything and all possible ideas, then it is possible that God could have been created by something else. The idea of time never ending does not scare or concern me, because time is lived at the moment. A beginning or end is of no concern for me. I could care less about what time I began or when I end. If I lived forever and existed forever, then my only thoughts would be localized to what is happening around right now. Nevertheless, the concept of God being everything has to include God being created by something which is a paradox. Ive said it before and again, when I die I have hard pressed questions I want answered from Jesus and Dad.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
What gets me (not to offend anyone) is the seemingly arrogence in believing that THIS god is anything romotely like you and me. Now I know that the christian bible states that man was made in his image, but does this not strike anyone else as highly unlikely?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This does not strike me as strange ...every artist leaves his immage or his thumbprint on his work. we are a reflection of a beautiful designer,, made out of the best handy work, part of the bigest artwork in the solar system i am sure....

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
What gets me (not to offend anyone) is the seemingly arrogence in believing that THIS god is anything romotely like you and me. Now I know that the christian bible states that man was made in his image, but does this not strike anyone else as highly unlikely?

If by image, you mean do we look like him?... that would be weird. He is called a Trinity. That means 3-part, generally called Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. The Bible says we are 3-Part too. According to 1Thessalonians 5:23, we have a SPIRIT, SOUL. and a BODY. There are a couple other places where this is indicated also, but I only looked the one up.
1Th 5:23 KJV
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Personally, I think that being made in His image means we are similar, not little copies or clones. I also think our 3 parts sort of correspond to His 3 parts. The Bible also speaks of believers as being a part of his family, another indication that we are similar.
1John 3:2 KJV
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

I might catch flak for this next part, but consider people as caterpillars. Christians enter a cocoon, eventually they will be a more dynamic Image of God.. I think that is precisely what 1John 3:2 above is trying to say.
By the way, Honest questions should NEVER offend, at least they don't offend me.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
gahh- God can NEVER be created.
if this "God" was created, then somone higher would be, thus not "God"

"God" doesnt just get the power AFTER he is made, cause God's power is the highest, none can acheive, God cant be created.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So I have an odd question.

Has your (you personally) god always existed or did it create itself?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join