It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible up close video of North Dakota tornado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Holy crap. It makes a great video but wow this guy got way too close while filming a tornado in North Dakota.

Warning strong language

edit on 27-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
Holy crap. It makes a great video but wow this guy got way too close while filming a tornado in North Carolina.

EDITED!!! It might not be CGI, it looked like he somehow was inside the tornado the first time i watched it and now that i see otherwise it looks a little different but I'm still calling CGI. i can see a couple spots where some fancy stabilization has been applied and alot of it feels very professional. regardless the bottom still stands.

i dont think he would be laughing had this been real. debris is a mother Effer. a grain of sand at 150 miles an hour will take out your eyes and shred your skin. peel paint off cars. a tornado is no laughing matter. its one of the most devastatingly concentrated releases of energy nature has for us. a swirling hell of death and debris. one came through a patch of forest i used to hunt for over a decade.... the army couldnt clear the mess thats there now. looks like god wanted to play pick up sticks with 80' tall trees. its basically a GIANT brush pile that measures a mile by 4-5 miles. bet the rabbit's love it. its so tangled and just plain ole MASHED and weaved together that its impassible by much bigger.

also a safety tip for all. A CAR IS THE LAST PLACE YOU WANT TO BE IN A TORNADO. unless its a nascar with a full roll cage and 5 point harness and no glass that is..... but if its not a nascar... its a rolling death machine that will cut you up 7 ways from sunday if a tornado gets ahold of it. hit the ground in a low spot. try to get under its energy. thats your only hope. your best bet is watch the weather and dont ever let one get near you unprepared. they are not something to mess with.
edit on 27-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: rewatched

edit on 27-5-2014 by mindseye1609 because: turned would not into would

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think that was North Dakota ...not North Carolina

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
I think that was North Dakota ...not North Carolina

You are right. I edited it ty

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

EDITED!!! It might not be CGI, it looked like he somehow was inside the tornado the first time i watched it and now that i see otherwise it looks a little different but I'm still calling CGI.

one thing you can always count on ats for, everything is eventually called a hoax,

its wasnt cgi or a hoax, it may interest you to listen to that mans radio interview, after the tornado he went on radio to describe the experience
edit on 5/27/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ummm...

I could her their voices perfectly, but didn't hear 1 piece of debris hit the car??

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I personally don't see anything that points to CG.

i can see a couple spots where some fancy stabilization has been applied and alot of it feels very professional.

That is a feature that YouTube provides. You can enable it on any video. (It's actually really obnoxious on most videos. Makes you feel like you're underwater.)

i dont think he would be laughing had this been real.

I really don't think those guys are sober. Looks like a scene straight out of Trailer Park Boys. The guy doing the recording even sounds a bit like Bubbles!

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin
a reply to: mindseye1609

I personally don't see anything that points to CG.

i can see a couple spots where some fancy stabilization has been applied and alot of it feels very professional.

That is a feature that YouTube provides. You can enable it on any video. (It's actually really obnoxious on most videos. Makes you feel like you're underwater.)

i dont think he would be laughing had this been real.

I really don't think those guys are sober. Looks like a scene straight out of Trailer Park Boys. The guy doing the recording even sounds a bit like Bubbles!

thats you tubes junk stabilization that sucks terribly. like you said obnoxious. i said FANCY. as in this has been meticulously stabilized in adobe after effects. i can tell by a couple of the spots the warp is slightly apparent. this would of taken hours on top of hours on top of hours to get stabilized as well as it is with all the crazy running and getting in cars and making sure to show the subjects face at key times in the plot to build tension....

and its not straight out of trailer park boys its supposed to be an oil camp out in nebraska aka fracking camp. they are making so much money so fast fracking they just build mini trailer parks right next to the site to keep the boys all nice and close and in line. roughnecks are notorious for not showing up in the morning cause they broke out in a bad case of handcuffs the night before...

REGARDLESS of where its supposed to be or whatever it still feels very CGI and plotted out all script like.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's either legit or this guy hoaxed the MSM as well.

WATFORD CITY, N.D. (AP) — A rare North Dakota tornado that critically injured a 15-year-old girl and hurt eight other people at a workers' camp in the heart of the state's booming oil patch packed winds that peaked at 120 mph, the National Weather Service said Tuesday.

The twister touched down Monday night at a camp just south of Watford City, about 50 miles southeast of Williston, and damaged or destroyed 15 trailers. The 15-year-old, who was from out of state and visiting an aunt and uncle, was flown to a Minot hospital. She was in an intensive-care unit with a head injury but expected to survive, McKenzie County Emergency Manager Jerry Samuelson said Tuesday.

USA Today
NY Daily News

edit on 2014-5-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
honestly at the point the CGI industry is at a new age "war of the worlds" scenario is possible. I've often wondered if they would slowly start testing the waters with other CGI "news" videos.

in a less conspiratorial view, with just plain greed as the motive, it wouldnt be anything for CNN or Fox News or anyone of the big networks to hire a team and make them sign confidentiality agreements and have them cook up footage of some of the big stories. it would give you the edge. give you the best coverage. "CNN HAS THAT VIDEO OF THE DUDES WHO WERE IN THE TORNADO ZOMG!!!" or whatever. you get what I'm saying?

cgi is literally to the point where its indistinguishable from normal video. they add imperfections. dust. lens flares. lots of mojo and magic to make the mind think and more importantly FEEL that its real. hell with my mac book and enough hours i could bring the world a first person dog fight between F22's that takes place between the skyscrapers of new york city and this includes interactions like destruction of buildings and people watching the fight from their offices.... it would take me 2-3 weeks of 12-18 hour days to make a 3-5 minute piece but thats just me and my macbook. imagine people with real money and man power.

top topics

join