It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran judge summons Facebook CEO to court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Uh huh, yup. I'm sure he'll be on the next flight over to sort this all out in the Iranian court.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — A judge in southern Iran has ordered Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg to appear court to answer complaints by individuals who say Facebook-owned applications Instagram and Whatsapp violate their privacy.

Semiofficial news agency ISNA quotes Ruhollah Momen Nasab, an official with the paramilitary Basij force, as saying Tuesday that the judge also ordered the two apps blocked.
Source

I suppose it's certainly one way to get attention for blocking apps. Kinda silly on Whatsapp though. That's pretty useful, and assuming anything like that has true privacy is asking for bitter disappointment in the worst way, anyay. At least in my humble opinion.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Guess the USA isnt the only country to issue pie in the sky court summons!

Yeah fat chance he will show. And why should he? Iranian law is not international law.
edit on 27-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Iranian law is not international law.

Even if it was, I doubt it Zuckerberg would give a rat's @ss. But hey, it's always nice to hear entertaining news from Iran. One more thing that explains why Islamic Revolution was implemented so successfully in that country...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Maybe if the court banned Zuckerberg's apps the money lost for Zuckerberg would be too much not to go.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
S&F simply for making me laugh

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I am sure that Mr. Mark Zuckerberg will be in time for the summons in Teheran also, yeah right, now we know what kind of internet we are to have now that countries have freeway to set their own rules on what is considered freedom of information in the name of "privacy", Teheran is one of those countries where information have not freedom after all.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
He should send them a message he can appear via video just for giggles.

top topics

join