It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl
Just a thought jacy. Do you have or can you get some lemon pure essential oil?
My friend had frequent migraines, her job was 9-5 documents clerk in the oil industry putting manuals together. I suggested she had a bit of cotton wool with a drop or two of lemon oil on it. She wouldn't be allowed one of those burners....'elff and safety don't you know!
Anyway she tried it and bingo...no more migraines. The lemon oil absorbs all those yukky vibes a computer screen gives off. Although I do believe the 'latest models' don't give off as much.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I don't have any lemon oil, but I'm sure I can get some. I will definitely try this, and let you know...thank you!

I am pretty sure that with me, it's either hormonal or stress. (likely stress)

I enjoy my computer time too much to give it up. While I'm on here, I often play music...light candles...sip camomile tea...and revel in the love and companionship.
I've gone from social butterfly, to hermit lol. I keep convincing myself that I'm in a 'cocoon' stage, and pretty soon I'm gonna burst out as a butterfly again. (strange...even my tarot cards and I-ching readings keep telling me I'm in a place of 'confinement', a time to regroup and heal...and that it's not permanent).

I still believe that better days will come, but hey...I'm a Sagittarius, and we are eternal optimists!
Those of you who told me your zodiac signs...are ALL the signs that I'm most compatible with...no surprise!

I'm feeling better already, just talking to you here.
Thank you.

jacy

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Hiya Jaky-Sis,

Soft, gentle hugs for you.

I agree it's probably caused by stress more than anything else, the migraines that is. I know it probably sounds silly but have you tried self medicating with comedy? That's what I do when I'm in pain sometimes, just have a day of Rich Hall or Billy Connelly or something like that.

As for your screen, could you enlarge the font and sit further away? Since I've been about 2-3 meters from the screen I don't squint anywhere near as much as i used to. Lowering the brightness might help too, but not so much that you have to focus more.

I really feel for you with your daughters, massive cwtchy hugs. There is not much worse than a thoughtless family, I should know, I have one too. Do you think writing them heartfelt letters might help? Maybe they don't know how their thoughtlessness is hurting you? I know most of the issues in my family are lack of communication, maybe it's the same with you?

I'm free tonight if you want to have a texting party. Maybe watch some comedy or a film? You don't have to of course but I'm here if you fancy a pj party. I know it's not anywhere near a consolation for being with your babies but I'm (we're) here for you if you want us.

*Tucks Jaky-Sis under a blankey and brings chocolate and decaff tea.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Phew...just back from a small shopping run.....
*whispers*.....it's called menopause Jacy.
If you think of all the 'symptoms' from physical to emotional, it could make a lot of sense. Get your doc to run a hormone test.
Sage tablets from your health food store? Worked a treat for me.
Lemon oil is dirt cheap by the way.......

Right omelette....bacon? chestnut mushrooms? vine tomatoes? cheese? All 4?...Aaarrrgh....decisions decisions!
BRB
Rainbows
Jane

edit on 24-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Aww, thanks kitten!
I haven't been in for a few days, and don't have enough money on my cell to text with you. (what a lovely idea though).

Yes, you guys have been here for me when my real family hasn't.
I understand why my girls are the way they are...even if they don't, lol. (such a long story....)

I'm not the same person that I was when I was 25....I'm pretty sure that 'one day' they will be sorry that they didn't take the time to come be with me when they could/should have.

Families are complicated, huh?
As for your advice...yes! I made my font larger...and I love comedies when I'm feeling blue. (Billy Connelly is one of my all time favourites!). I'm okay....I will be okay....thanks for being there for me! thanks for being you!

You guys are the best brothers and sisters EVER!
jaky

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Hey jacy, sorry you are dealing with migraines and family complexity!!

I have them on occasion and it is not pretty in the least. I've had some relief in the past with lavender essential oil on the temples and at the base of the skull...it is very soothing.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Peace to you,

AB

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Jacy, Jane could be right. I used to get hormonal headaches before I went through menopause. You still need more tests to be sure. Never play around with your health and assume anything. Please have more tests! Are they prescribing anything for pain? It's crazy to suffer so much for so long.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Glad that you found something that worked for you. I had tried the medicinal herbs and nothing helped. For me the prescribed meds did. I guess it's different for everyone. Trial and error.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
SCREECH............................................

*Slides into the thread sideways*

Hi guys

Cody

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

For me, it was VERY dependent on getting the specific medication. There are pretty large discrepancies in the different types, and I find they are each good for treating different symptoms.

Obviously, I cant go into specifics.. But, not all medicinal herbs are created equal in what they effectively treat! The research on this, hopefully, will start to flow more freely as time goes on.

For instance, on one end of the spectrum, we have types that dramatically help seizures of various forms. On the other end of the spectrum, there are actually types that can make seizures appear slightly more. Some wont do anything. Some forms of treatment can work as a laxative, and others will stuff you up quicker than a thanksgiving turkey! Its all really interesting.

Just wanted to share my own experience in dealing with migraines on a daily basis (it definitely isnt fun). There are, of course, many different causes for headaches and in my experience, their location can strongly determine if a specific treatment will be successful (regardless of what is actually used to treat it, pharmaceutical or natural).

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hiya Cody! Meep meep!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Welcome aboard!

At least you didn't come on like this....

I know I shouldn't....but....but....

Rainbows
Jane

edit on 24-5-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

How about Libra?

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
SCREECH............................................

*Slides into the thread sideways*

Hi guys

Cody

*Pulls up behind Cody and turns on the red and blue lights*

Took dat corner dere a little too shahp dere didn't ya?! Yeah, that's not gonna fly here now....... License, proof of insurance and registration please!!!

*Walks back and gets in the squad car, runs the plates and license as it comes back negative.*

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm gonna let you go with a warning on the turn but I am writing you a ticket f'ah dah 65 in a 50...........

*Hands everything back to Cody.*
You have a great night sir!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Grrrrrr...there was me looking forward to a small lie-in this am......no chance! I get woken with a text just before 7am. My son had decided to walk home with his friend who has work this am, having slept over at the party they went to, and needed me to unlock the door!!!! He told me between 9 and 10 last night. It's cost him making a cup of tea for me....he's now buggered off to his pit for a couple of hours!!!!

Ah well, guess I could swab the decks.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
"Hi Jane"
"Well hello Jane"
"What are you doing?"
"Oh, finished swabbing the decks, cleaned the galley, wove a bit more rope. Having a dandelion coffee....want one?"
"Oh, go on then.....bit quiet this morning isn't it?"
"Yup, guess they're all flagged out from the recent shenanigans and getting the boats ready"
"Nice day for a sail though..."
"The breeze is just perfect......."
"Hehehehehe....."
"What?"
"Oh, nothing.....just having wicked thoughts....."
"Go on...."
"How about waving that wand of yours, attach some of that rope to the other ships, and haul their R'ses to our first destination?"
"Hehe, I like your thinking!"
"Where'd you put that map?"
"In the chest on the poop deck"
"Let's go looksee."
"Aha! Perfect.....thy're in for a lovely surprise when they wake up!"
"And look, there's a reference on the map. What does it mean?"
"Great....there's a local map.....that means we have a TREASURE MAP! Woohoo!"
"Right, you go do your magical thingymewottsit with your wand, I'll hoist our main sail, and once we're underway, we'll have a look at that treasure map!"
"Sounds like a plan!"

Rainbow
Jane

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"I don't know.... I just pop away out for the weekend and when I come back, the old shed's all boarded up!!"

Am liking the look of this new one though! Hi5 Jacy!

Nice work on the storylines guys! (Jane you nearly had me bubbling like a big jessie when we rescued Jacy!)

Good stuff from AB too!! Welcome aboard! (see what I did there? LOL)

Nice to see Serdg Foss and Doc again too! ***waves*** So much to catch up on!!!!

Dawg - YES! Thanks for noticing! I DID create my new Signature. (Do you like the text beneath the ATS logo?? bet you didn't notice?? LOL)

Jacy - I've been thinking about you a lot hunny. I was hoping that your headaches would have lifted way before now.
I can only echo what the others have already said really. Please look after yourself!
I don't have any direct experience with migraine, but I think that there are usually triggers? either physical ones (light/sound etc) or emotional ones like stress.
It might be worth keeping a journal of sorts, to help work out what the specific triggers might be?
If you can identify the source of the trigger and eliminate that, it could help reduce the frequency and/or ferocity of the attacks?
Families - uggh! What can I say?
I'm a very direct sort of guy, (although I have mellowed slightly with age!)
I would contact them, but in a nice way. I'd explain my circumstances and condition as best I could, then put across to them how much it would mean to me if they could find the time to visit. Just being as honest and direct as possible, but without upsetting anyone or making them feel "guilty"! (Tight-rope anyone?? LOL)

Tsu - My Holiday flat is now boarded up for the season! I will pitch a wee tent for you.... round the FAR side of the Island!! (Maybe even another Island!!! LOL)
COUNTDOWN TO THE GATHERING!! HERE

True - Loved the Poem bro - Sterling work!
Cody - I hope you saved me a slice of Tsu's pizza?

The Montrose Festival (MoFest) was Superb btw!
I got my usual parking space for my campervan, overlooking "The Links" (The grassy/sandy bit between the town and the beach) only to find out that a wee band by the name of Status Quo were setting up stage about 500 yards away. I could SEE onto the stage from where I was parked!!!!! RESULT!
Met up with a whole bunch of my old pals, mostly from other bands, and spent the weekend drinking beer, talking rubbish, telling jokes, playing guitar and watching loads of other bands in the pubs there! (Think I saw about 12 or 15 bands?? over the weekend!) Superb.
Am tired now but hey! You've gotta Live right?? (Just because you're breathing DOES NOT mean you're ALIVE!!)
Now looking forward to a quiet week, to try and recharge my batteries in time for "The Tsuthering"!!!! haha!!!

The Shed is Dead! LONG LIVE THE SHED!!

Gx

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Forgot to say, I nearly knocked down a dwarf!
He stepped onto the road right in front of me, and I had to emergency stop!
So he ran around to my drivers door and shouted "Hey You, I'm NOT happy!"
So I just said "Which one ARE you then?"

i KNOW I KNOW!!!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Evening Gordi! *waves*
Sheesh, it's been as quiet as a graveyard around here today......I had to resort to talking to myself!!!!!

Sounds like you had mega fun.....wont be a patch on next week end of course!!!
Dug out my rucksack today. Need to get a book, rubber band and some imperial mints for the train journey!

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join