It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible stone seems like it has a nebula trapped inside

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
All I can say is wow! These are incredible looking stones:

This is just a stone though, Not a photo of a stone with a Hubble Space Telescope image pasted over it. Not a hologram made inside some piece of glass. Not a portal to another dimension. Just a stone, of which a space wizard trapped some piece of a Universe inside

The stone is an opal, a "very fine American contraluz opal found" in Opal Butte, Oregon, according to BONHAMS, the auction house that sold it last May for around $20,000.

Their description says that the 4.6 x 4.4 x 1-centimeter gemstone is a "clear, transparent crystal body having a fine, firey play-of-color that is gem quality. The piece has a botryoidal jasper formation which forms a unique inclusion."

I think it looks beautiful and almost overwhelming to look at, even more so to own such a stone.

Here is a link to some Google images of more very fine American contraluz opal
Link (just click images next to web)

Unfortunately I will never own such things, but at least I have the power to see such wonders

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I know, I know, there is a two line minimum for posting, but one word really sums this up pretty nicely:

Wow!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That's a beautiful specimen! I love Opals and have several myself. Did you know that Opals are actually petrified water?

edit on 22-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Extremely cool. I started a thread a few months back about this opal (also from Opal Butte) that looks like it has an ocean scene trapped inside of it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2014-5-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's a beautiful specimen! I love Opals and have several myself. Did you know that Opals are actually petrified water?

I knew nothing about them until I came across this today, I'm in complete awe and amazement.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's incredible too, i'll look forward to reading your thread, thank you!

The world never ceases to amaze us.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Omg thats a huge opal. I've seen some nice ones but thats about the nicest American opal I've ever seen. If you like the looks of those check out Lightning Ridge opals outta Australia...they're pretty mouth watering as well.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When I first saw the first pic in the thread, I said I'm going to Ebay to buy me one of those right now!!!! Then I read further and the $20,000 thing puts it far out of reach for me. lol

This has to be one of the most gorgeous stones that I've seen. The second photo from another poster is also amazing. It's mind-boggling how one looks exactly like space and the other one looks exactly like under the ocean. It's just bizarre and so beautiful. Thanks for showing these guys

I know this theory is "out there", but, is it possible these are some sort of projections trapped in the opals? Could it be possible to save a thought or image into some gems?
edit on 22-5-2014 by Fylgje because: to add

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Reminds me of this.

Final Clip of Men In Black

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Much more appealing than a Diamond, Diamonds are so over rated
Always said I'd be buying my Lady a wedding ring with a beautiful Opal.

The one you shared is amazing, it almost looks like an alien atmosphere with clouds rising from a volcano.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wow I went looking for some more of these and found this one.

That looks like an American indian face inside.

A lot of pretty cool ones here
www.exceptionalminerals.com...

Very cool op.
edit on 22-5-2014 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"landscape agate" is more affordable.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Absolutely gorgeous! I would love to be able to afford such a beauty! WOW!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This was a movie!

youtu.be...
edit on 22-5-2014 by Pink Panther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thank you.

Though why the heck would one want to "own" that? I'd think putting it on display for all is the proper response, rather than "hoarding" it?

Aren't beautiful things meant to be shared? Ummm... unless the beautiful "thing" is your girl friend/wife, I guess... so never mind...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Seriously? Wow, how interesting!

My wife loves opals, so I was thinking it would be awesome to by her one of these, but that idea quickly went bye-bye when I saw in the OP that they cost $20,000.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie

Not just to you but to all...these are huge opals as far as opals go plus theyre AAA+ grade. You can get cheaper ones that look very very nice. I actually have a small black opal...which are the most expensive of all opals. If your in the US look up gem shows for the cheapest prices and they're nice just to go look

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jeramie
a reply to: RickyD

You can get cheaper ones that look very very nice.

Yep. And you can check out local gem shows too. Opals can be very affordable.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Wow, these are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing OP.

... And I like your theory Fylgje, its my opinion that everything is connected, and nothing is coincidental!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Wow! Stunning! (I swear I didn't just copy everyone else... hahaha)

Honestly though, mother nature - You've done it again!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join