It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia reminds US, it's not over: Test fires Nuclear Missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
First off the Title belongs to the link not to me. No information as to whether it had a nuclear warhead or not, although that is what is implied. This is the second such test. Missle confirmed to have hit target.

www.zerohedge.com...

This comming on the back of the following events in the past 24hrs

Russia and China dumping the US Petro dollar www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dow Jones plummeting www.zerohedge.com...

China sending troops to the Vietnam border.www.google.com.au... 19%2F%25E2%2580%259Cconflict-between-china-and-vietnam-imminent-china-piles-troops-tanks-artillery-and-&ei=2u97U-DiAcecugSb_4GoAw&usg=AFQjCNGt9ucdubVe udOUYdz__5XOzHDDFA&bvm=bv.67229260,d.c2E

US charging members of the Chinese Military with cyber espionage www.theguardian.com...

South Korea firing on NK Battleship.

+ Russia to fly mass Air Drill on Ukraines border day of Election www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 20-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My goodness, seeing all those grouped together has got me feeling real Doomy.

Things are only escalating it seems. Uncertain scary times Lie ahead.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All the article says is that the Russian forces test-launched a Topol. Article did not even clarify if it was an older Topol or a Topol-M. Several Topols have been test fired over the past few decades.

And no it did not have a nuclear warhead. Not only would that absolutely void treaties, but it would be quite obvious for Russia to nuke Kazakhstan.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

From the article:

As Bloomberg reports,

Russia launched Topol rocket from site in Astrakhan region at 9:08pm Moscow time today, Interfax reports, citing Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Egorov.

Test missile hit notional target in Kazakhstan: Interfax

I don't think the article implies a warhead at all, just an ICBM test.

I think the USA was (test) firing their own IBCM's in 2012 and 2013.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well the Dow Jones really hasn't plummeted at all. When it drops 500+ points for 3 or more consecutive days I would say it is starting to plummet, but this latest is nothing. The rest of it is moderately ominous though.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

From the article:

As Bloomberg reports,

Russia launched Topol rocket from site in Astrakhan region at 9:08pm Moscow time today, Interfax reports, citing Defense Ministry spokesman Igor Egorov.

Test missile hit notional target in Kazakhstan: Interfax

I don't think the article implies a warhead at all, just an ICBM test.

I think the USA was (test) firing their own IBCM's in 2012 and 2013.

Well excuse me, go to the article and read the title.I quoted it Word for Word.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

These government leaders always feel like they have to flex their muscle when everyone and their grandmother knows they possess nuclear weapons. It ticks me off, because they're playing with fire and playing God with innocent lives. Who do they think they really are? The citizens of these countries just want to live in peace and go on with their daily lives! Yet these same citizens will sign-up to be used as pawns to sacrifice their lives for big headed, ego inflated government leaders?

If these leaders ever do the unthinkable, I hope there is a special place in hell where they will suffer every second for all of eternity. To think humanity still settles their differences like children, and soldiers are willing to kill other people just because someone barks an order, shows how uncivilized we really are.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Oh, it's all over.

Except for the crying.

No need for war when an enemy can be defeated from within, and without military confrontations.

These displays from Russia are more like firing a gun in celebration, than a display of hostility, or threat.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The piss poor excuse for a government that calls itself the U.S. is nothing more than a bully that just got its nose bloodied by the skinny kid. Cry me a river.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

Well the Dow Jones really hasn't plummeted at all. When it drops 500+ points for 3 or more consecutive days I would say it is starting to plummet, but this latest is nothing. The rest of it is moderately ominous though.

Plummeted? I said plummeting.This just started in the last 24 hours, so 3 Days is not possible.Have added a link since you posted.Still have lots of links to add. I have not offered an opinion on anything in the opening post.I am bringing facts to the table.The facts are these reports are being reported.Nothing more.I am not saying these links are facts themselves or correct.Just to the fact that they exist? Even lost myself there LOL.

No I am just linking reports of current events as they are coming out.True or false.Not my business.Members have a right to be informed.They are smart enough to weed out any untruths.If anyone has a argument with the material linked, don't address me personally, please address the scources.As I have said I have not given an opinion.
edit on 20-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

what?

I cant even read into that for the lack of sense it makes.

I have to ask, are you in a western nation?

The skinny kid "touched" someone let alone bloodied anyones nose?

All I see is big bark. I am still looking for the chiwawa it came from.....

edit on 5 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why "test fire" an ICBM? They know the things work. I would imagine it was an old one. Better to have a show than to dismantle huh?

No real reason for Russia to flex it's muscles, well, not in a nuclear way at all?

Just a simple case of showing that they're still in the game. With sh%t loads of old kit.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

I was not meaning to be a jerk, I just interpreted the article differently.

As for missile launches, I am old and remember it as a common cold war event. I do not expect it to be followed by a nuclear war, I see it more as an international show of strength.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I hate to be a grammar Nazi, no offense intended, but it is spelled 'chihuahua.'
Otherwise I agree with your reply...but it is a chihuahua with nukes.
edit on 20-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: correction

I am from the nation of Tejas, to answer your question, I don't think it's either east or west...more south and central. Peace.
edit on 20-5-2014 by skunkape23 because: being a wise ass

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
a reply to: tadaman

I hate to be a grammar Nazi, no offense intended, but it is spelled 'chihuahua.'

I hate to be a pedant, no offense intended, but that is an example of a spelling error and not a grammar error.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

You, sir, are correct. Now I'm going to bomb you with an intercontinental ballistic chihuahua.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

My country has no defense against an ICBC.

Guess we will have to raise him as one of our own.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac

I was not meaning to be a jerk, I just interpreted the article differently.

As for missile launches, I am old and remember it as a common cold war event. I do not expect it to be followed by a nuclear war, I see it more as an international show of strength.

Thanks for the clarification.Respect to you.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

No problem man.

have a good one.
edit on 5 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Here is your link for the korea incident -

South Korea fires warning shots after North Korean incursion

top topics

<<   2 >>

join