It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is burning :( help!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

This is exactly the problem. I mean, naked is fine and all, but there are too few places one can go, and things that one can do, when so attired, not to mention the issue of what to do when one runs out of garments to discard!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: samkent
I've toured from southern UK all the way up to the top of Whales.

Ha ha! watch out for that blow hole on the top of those things!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Why is this in Geo-engineering and Chemtrails exactly? Wouldn't Rant be more appropriate?

Personal preference is all it is. I'm loving this hot weather here in my little corner of the SW England coast...I'm more shocked that its hot in Yorkshire lol
Guess you just gotta deal with it OP, I hate Winter but deal with it and count the weeks.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

????? The weather's lovely right now. Why are you complaining?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have been told that the British definition of summer is two hot days, then a thunderstorm!
With all the winter rain they have had, I would think the Brits would welcome some sun, dry the place out!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree, I cannot abide the heat. You can put layers on to get warm but you can only go so low to get cool. In saying that I am from the north of Ireland and we tend to have very low melting points over here. Above 25 and I turn into a puddle.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Don't worry, today's likely the last day of this quite normal 'mini' heatwave - even today it was only 16c down in Devon (and 12c in Shetland!). Rain (and thunderstorms) spreading to more parts tomorrow (there are some big storms over Wales atm)

But we'll probably see more similar spells through the summer, and it gets much hotted - max temps today were around 26c - we usually get temps above 30c on at least a few days during the summer.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced
How can you enjoy this weather
its horrible
i would rather cold snow than this

cold snow can be countered via heating or blankets

how the HELL do you counter scorching weather?

air con?

they are very expensive and often break down

I'll tell you what, come on over here to Northern Ireland, then you can say goodbye to the sun. It's been like this for the last ten years and more with every summer being a washout, grey cloud low down, grey cloud higher up, still more layers of grey even higher. There is so much cloud, it is backing up and can't go anywhere, so it just sits there!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Miserable git.. it's called Summer..

Go live in the North Pole.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well, down here in Sussex we've had three nice days and just a few minutes ago a brief shower, so back to normal then.

<< 1  2   >>

join