It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UK is burning :( help!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I am in the UK right now and i can not believe how hot this is right now
ive lived in Israel before, and yes it gets hot, but heatwaves are a different kind of hot, they are a horrible musty humid sticky weather that clings to you wherever you go.

However, unlike a normal heatwave, this is accompanied by blazing sun, non stop and its been like this since mid last week

And according to this
www.express.co.uk...

Its here to stay

I`m hating it, its not just that i have hayfever/ asthma but it makes you so uncomfortable, so horrible and sweaty

Even if you take a cold shower, within 10 minutes of getting out, any cold drops turn to warm moisture on you, and you are worse off than before

Ive always hate the summer.. summer for me is blazing hot nights, sun shining through window waking you up at 4am.
Drunk rowdy people drinking and singing at 10pm till early hours in the streets,
more anti social behaviour
I hate the summer, i just miss the times when its dark at 5pm

but those core winter months only last from november till mid feburary then it starts getting light again ( so actual winter nights really from a season point of view, only lasts for 4 months)

Anyway, i have a fan thats pumping out air which is turning warm now as its circulated so many times...

Help us

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You're obviously not a full time UK resident my friend because you really wouldn't be complaining. We have about 350 days of rain, wind and snow in the UK, you'd had to be a totally insane to complain about the very rare days we have over here. Even when its warm in the UK, there's always a chance it could randomly snow in the afternoon. . .

Any sign of sun for me I'm lapping on that factor 20, banging on my shades, flip flops, shorts and heading to the beach, with winter clothes in the boot just in case.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
How can you enjoy this weather
its horrible
i would rather cold snow than this

cold snow can be countered via heating or blankets

how the HELL do you counter scorching weather?

air con?

they are very expensive and often break down
edit on 19-5-2014 by uninfluenced because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced
its horrible

air con?

Haha, I know we live in two completely different parts of the globe, but I work outside all summer in North Carolina heat. When the temperature drops below 75F (~24C) I consider that cold. I don't handle cold well, but I can take the heat.

We just had an unusually long and cold winter and recently had a mini heat wave of our own for about a week and I enjoyed every minute of it, and living right on the coast means yes, it is humid ALL the time.

Peace.

EDIT: You guys don't have AC? Is the weather that cold/mild most of the time, or are there parts of the UK that get warm enough to need AC?
edit on 19-5-2014 by Aldakoopa because: Additional question

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: uninfluenced
its horrible

air con?

Not everybody can do what I do, but normally if I'm too warm, I walk naked and have several woman cool me down with fans

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If you really don't like the heat, I suggest that you head further north. It's been horrible here since Thursday. Grey and raining.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

Not everybody can do what I do, but normally if I'm too warm, I walk naked and have several woman cool me down with fans

Gross

And, i just cant handle heat
i hate the sun..
sometimes i wish i could put a huge blanket over the sun and make it go away

The moon is my best friend

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: horseatemymoney
If you really don't like the heat, I suggest that you head further north. It's been horrible here since Thursday. Grey and raining.

Lier
Im in Yorkshire
its scorching
been like this since about friday

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yorkshire is still the South in my opinion. I mean the real North, you know Haggis and Heather North.a reply to: uninfluenced

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well im English so here comes the complaint: I scheduled this week as house work week and im sweating my butt off inside, then I nip out side for a bit of sun bathing, then a bit more house work IM KNACKERED and feel like a baked potato steam and all!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yorkshire is still the South in my opinion. I mean the real North, you know Haggis and Heather North.a reply to: uninfluenced

Sorry to take this off topic, but who in England calls Yorkshire `the south`?

originally posted by: Biigs
Well im English so here comes the complaint: I scheduled this week as house work week and im sweating my butt off inside, then I nip out side for a bit of sun bathing, then a bit more house work IM KNACKERED and feel like a baked potato steam and all!

Please, step onto my plate, you will go nicely with mayo and chicken tikka

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Wow first 3 mins of unbroken mild weather in the yUK after an appalling winter of utter misery & already the cries of "we're melting" are coming in!

Personally can't get enough of this weather & finally use outside again! It won;t last & it never does.

At present here in the South yUK it's fantastically sunny outside & the temperature is reading a very mild 24.5'c.

In the sun it is a tad warmer with a hefty breeze keeping things extremely comfortable while also being quite irritating blowing stuff about.

I am indoors working at the PC & still I'm in jeans a long sleeved top & body warmer. Roll on temperatures closer 28'c! I can get the pool set up then

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs
I know how you feel, I have eleven days off work, wanted to wash the windows, paint the outside of the house. You know lots of outside work, but I can't do it, because it keeps raining.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: uninfluenced

I went paint-balling yesterday in Coventry in this weather, today I'm suffering from sunburn and fatigue, but I love this type of weather, it's not very frequent here in the UK.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Biigs
I know how you feel, I have eleven days off work, wanted to wash the windows, paint the outside of the house. You know lots of outside work, but I can't do it, because it keeps raining.

Erm `brigs` said he was ```cheduled this week as house work week and im sweating my butt off inside,``

not that it was raining

it isnt raining in England at all. I get the feeling some people are just trolling this thread?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I am not in England. I'm further North. The proper North.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17938742]uninfluenced[/post

wow 81f is hot, that is what the article sais ? It was 106 in Losangeles the other day, and 101 in joshuatree where i live.. You would not survive vegas ive been their when it was 120, I will be moving their this summer and I wish it will only be in the 80's.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Piss on winter, bring the heat!

100 degree days = jumping on the dirt bike or quad and playing in the creek, taking the boat out, bon-fires and beer, fishing, racing, swimming in the pool, being outside in general, etc.....

I love summer!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I have relatives that live in Spain , that is hot here it's is warm but humid.
I dread to see how you will handle the supposed record breaking summer we're supposed to be getting , of course it probably won't happen but I look forward to it.

Have a cool shower and sit in front of a fan if it's too much for you but let the rest of us bask in the long awaited warmth

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
Piss on winter, bring the heat!

100 degree days = jumping on the dirt bike or quad and playing in the creek, taking the boat out, bon-fires and beer, fishing, racing, swimming in the pool, being outside in general, etc.....

I love summer!

Good sir, your idea of paradise is my idea of hell

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join