It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change: Which Ever side is Wrong Will Severely Hurt society.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tri-lobe-1
up straight...

climatology is a soft science......its not like physics..engineering..medical....etc...etc....etc.
its like an arts degree....its an easy degree.....for softhands....
a climatologist is a glorified weather person....pure and simple...

I am not against all of science if I'm against some weather fashionista's so called educated opinion.... not every one who goes to university is educated.....
I do not deny that as ...a so called 1st world people..... we s@#t in our own nests.....a fine example to the rest of the world...
we are a ....do as I say...not do as I do culture......
we are hypocrites.....

if an engineer/physicist says run...one should......
but if a climatologist.....or a politician...or an economist....says jump then I should jump....why,,,who are they???????

according to the softhands..... if we are responsible for the planet warming...... then......we can cool it......

do you want to let some soft hands try and cool the planet????????......
lets get real...

I live in Australia....our summers are always hot....sometimes bad....sometimes not.....that's the natural way....we live with it.
I live besides the Pacific Ocean....and it ain't rising ....

enjoy the weather....its stimulating.....more than rapp music....

Actually "climatology" is usually under the environmental sciences discipline at most universities, it is different from meteorology.

The course load usually goes through vector calculus, differential equations, newtonian mechanics, and then another physics course of optics. Thermodynamics is often left off of the list. The rest of the course load involves learning the actual discipline specific history. Often they will take organic chemistry, but more often the focus will be in geology.

Basically they have a similar course load to ALL engineering students, but branch off and spend a large amount of time learning to writing 'scientific papers' and catching up on whatever papers the administration wants to be read.

They are certainly educated, but when they graduate their career opportunities are generally limited to governmental bureaucracies where it is career suicide to go against the grain.

Many folks self-censor to avoid discrimination.

The actual science is not a soft science and comparing it to medical simply does not work as they complete FAR FAR more physics and math than medical student's whose focus is usually memorizing chemical pathways.

But I agree that it is a do as I say not as I do culture, 100%.

-FBB

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Re: Dr. Willie Soon.

FOI documents obtained by Greenpeace show this guy is nothing more than a Heartland/Koch funded stooge. He has received over $1m from energy companies in exchange for spreading anti climate change propaganda.

Researcher helps sow climate-change doubt -Industry-funded Cambridge astrophysicist adds to partisan divide

CASE STUDY: Dr. Willie Soon, a Career Fueled by Big Oil and Coal (Links to source documents obtained from the Smithsonian)

Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Bro . . . .

None of your sources indicate where the actual science and analysis he puts out is wrong.

I understand how you think it is damning evidence because you have bought in to the rhetoric that the world is ending because of climate change, but if you want to discredit the guys arguments you need to actually point out something technical rather than say he is paid by big oil.

Last we interacted you were spouting some arrogant high school atheist level "rational" argument, please step it up. At the very least you will learn the subject well enough to actually communicate and idea.

-FBB

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

Ad hominem noted.

I'll leave it up to the actual climate scientists (something Willie Soon isn't) to dispute the science, I'm sure they are infinitely more qualified. I'm content to have merely demonstrated he is a wholesale bought and paid for propagandist for the energy companies driving the denialist movement.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I try to make my bed in the morning when I get up and do the dishes from the night before. After that I put a few hours into my garden. I'm happy when it rains and grin when it doesn't because I collect rain water for the dry days. It just really seems the uneducated people cling to climate issues. People with half a brain will figure out how to survive. I guess it's only important if you watch the real house wives of Fox News. Well at least it gives people who like to talk...a point of conversation... or something... I really don't get it... but good luck.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

"Society" IS screwed up already and NEEDS a radical reforming regardless of which side one is on! I bought a new TV today. Flat screen of course. Why? Because NO ONE repairs anything anymore. The power wouldn't come on . No reset button. So it could be as simple as a power supply, resistor, what have you, but the point is, we don't make things to last anymore and instead we make them more cheaply and replaceable. Our landfills are full of nearly good stuff, just slightly broken, but no one works on them anymore. Artificial obsolescence, as my old economics professor would say.

Instead of the tv that lasted 15 years or more, we make crap so they can sell another. This attitude permeates throughout our society. Throw things out. Do we have any idea how much chemical goes down the drains everyday at a common household? Makeup washed off, shampoos and conditioners, cleaners, detergents, anti-bacterial lotions... we are killing our planet in a way that makes our lives very comfortable.... at least for now. There is NO WAY we don't destroy our environment if we continue our current behavior.
The third world countries are raising their standards of living... as our capitalism demands new customers. Growth is the Holy World. Depleting resources in order to make crap, increasing pollution of our air and water.... the entire human race (okay, minus a few people) live in a mere 3 mile deep layer, from the below sea level areas such as the Dead Sea up to the Andes and Himalayas. We live within about 3 miles. Less than 22% of the earth is solid ground. It seems large, but it is not endless. Hurting society.... society needs changing. We can live with a bad economy... that can turn around. Try living with a bad environment. It could be a one way street.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join