It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change: Which Ever side is Wrong Will Severely Hurt society.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
As I hear the arguments between basically all of mainstream science and those that disagree with climate change theory. I have come to the conclusion that whoever is lying to us. Is going to damage society more then anything in modern history. More then WW2. More then 911. More then any other issue maybe in the history of man kind. I just wonder if people realize how destructive being wrong can be about such issues.

Either all of science is in on a conspiracy to fleece the world out of trillions if dollars by hoax ing global warming data.

Or

We are gonna crash the planets Eco system. Leaving almost nothing of the " paradise" that our parents left us.

There really is no middle ground IMHO. Whoever is right or wrong will have a colossal impact on the future of humanity for generations to come. Maybe for the rest of human history.

If science is right ( like 90% of the science community agrees with climate change theory) then our inability to take steps to address the issue will fall squarely on the shoulders of those who refused to believe.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Ditto on everything you say. But, I believe the only deniers are the poor misguided followers. The one percenters, the Oligarchy, have known and believed that the transition through this change is going to be painful. Thus, that is why they are the one percenters, they have been preparing.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Honestly I don't think they have prepared. I think they think they will be dead before the real consequences hit. So it's not there issue.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I watched this vid a little earlier on another thread and though I should share "You Have No Idea How Wrong You Are"

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

The Georgia Guidestones, someone knew. Lots of people are going to die, pregnancies and babies will decrease on a sliding scale.

Messing with the eco system and food chain is not a conspiracy, it is life, that is a fact.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

Either all of science is in on a conspiracy to fleece the world out of trillions if dollars by hoax ing global warming data.

The problem with your argument is this ridiculous statement that the deniers keep regurgitating. The solution to reducing man made influence on GW is to reduce fossil fuel burning. There are various fines put in place worldwide upon governments to encourage the reduction in fossil fuel usage. The LAZY governments and those who are propping up the rich lifestyles, have opted to put "green taxes" on fuel to limit consumption and thus reduce emissions and thus reduce the fines. However, this does absolutley nothing to fix the problem and allows the rich , who can afford the levies and who are the excess consumers, to continue as normal.

The solution is identical to what we will all have to do at some point in the future an yway : use an alternate non fossil fuel source. No green taxes required to limit consumption !!!

So your argument only applies to LAZY governments who are pretending to listen to the GW arguements but in reality are doing exactly the same as the deniers NOTHING.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I mostly sit back and laugh at the arguments.

Why?

Because I won't be around to see the sea level rise by feet, much less inches. Even if I was, I don't live near a shoreline.
I know, I don't care about our children. My kids won't see a rise in feet by the sea level in their lifetimes either.

If we are going to go generations ahead with this, at some point, we will die out as a species.... along with every other species on Earth.

'Oh, but at some point we will no longer be Earthbound as a species.'
Really?
People should think it through... leaving our planet and thriving is a pretty high hurdle to leap over.

Am I too pessimistic? If anyone ever bothered to think in cosmic terms, there isn't any other way to look at it.
edit on b000000312014-05-16T07:31:39-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 16 May 2014 07:31:39 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

As I hear the arguments between basically all of mainstream science and those that disagree with climate change theory. I have come to the conclusion that whoever is lying to us. Is going to damage society more then anything in modern history. More then WW2. More then 911. More then any other issue maybe in the history of man kind.

My problem with climate change debates is the use of hyperbole.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Why does it matter? Climate change is a real thing. Being caused by man or not is the question. But hey let's look at our options:

man made - Government gets involved. Their current solution is carbon credits. Does anything think that this will honestly curb CO2 production by any amount? No what will happen is the same thing that happened to the cigarette industry with all the cigarette taxes. Usage doesn't wane much, government gets addicted to the source of income, when the usage actually DOES wane, government increases the tax to maintain spending level.

But also keep in mind that this is a WORLD wide problem not just a USA or Europe wide problem. So what about countries like China and India? Let's assume that our government can manage to pull its head out of its ass long enough to legislate some REAL environmental protection legislation that will actually help things, how are we going to get countries like China or India involved? Invade them if they don't comply? Economic sanctions? Do you think that the US would ever actually put economic sanctions on China, the US's chief manufacturing supplier?

not man made - Nothing can be done because it is out of our hands. Unless chemtrails are real and the government is secretly trying to save us (lol!)

So if the climate is changing, there is nothing we can do about it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
edit on 16-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

And who 25 years ago would have thought that mortgage backed derivative securities would start a multi-trillion dollar crisis?

25 years from now, they will be studying the carbon credit derivative meltdown that happened in 2034.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
speaking of meltdowns
there is a much greater worry there then in the climate
but lets not talk about that
no sense causing alarm about something we would have to spend ( as opposed to collecting) money to fix

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I gotta disagree..... Do you know how ridiculous the thought that all of science is in on a conspiracy? That would require every science major coming out of college to turn down money and fame just to keep the hoax going.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Venus is like 1000 degrees ( too lazy to look up the real temp :p) solely because of the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. Your right we already get to pay the price. But how bad it gets is still up to us.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

What bigger issue do you mean? The debt LMAO! No human issue is more important then if we are crashing the Eco system.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones
speaking of meltdowns
there is a much greater worry there then in the climate
but lets not talk about that
no sense causing alarm about something we would have to spend ( as opposed to collecting) money to fix

Yeah, because the climate only affects the entire world.

And companies that provide and promote fossil fuels surely have nothing to gain from continued use and the public doesn't have to spend a dollar to use it.

edit on 5/16/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or 25 years from now our children will look at the climate denighers as nazi's or the Tabaco companies. It goes both ways.
edit on 16-5-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: yorkshirelad

I gotta disagree..... Do you know how ridiculous the thought that all of science is in on a conspiracy? That would require every science major coming out of college to turn down money and fame just to keep the hoax going.

Perhaps it's all mass hysteria and mass delusions and collective hysteria and collective delusions.

How many "scientists" are actually "experts"?

I think many just follow the crowd similar to political partyism.

There's not that many directly involved.

They are assuming too much.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The only facts in this argument is our Sun is gradually expanding causing more radiated heat to continually build day by day.
SoCal is a furnace now in May...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Global warming on Mars, ice caps melting

I'll leave further research to the individual reader(s).

-
OPINION: Polar Ice Caps Melting On MULTIPLE-PLANETS ... Hmmm ... THE "Common-Denominator" = SUN.

AND

Applicable to ... Global-Cooling.

NOTE: The SUN has its own ... SEASONS ... ( some are short, some are much longer ).

edit on 16-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fair enough, I kinda agree they could just all be wrong. But at least you don't think all of science is a conspiracy to discredit Jesus! Lol

But I gotta disagree there are thousands of scientists working on weather, atmospheric conditions, and other such fields.

And I gotta disagree about your political statement. I watch ALOT of science documentaries and such and I almost never see them get political. In fact I would guess that scientists are less political on average then normal people. Science is math, politics is anything but math it's more about emotion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join