It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-White Polemics Continue With the White Privilege Conference

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wanted to share a video that came across my Facebook page today. It's profoundly disturbing when I think of the implications of the contents of it.

It's an "undercover" video taken at the 2014 "White Privilege Conference" by reporters from Progressives Today, a site that aims to expose radical left/progressive agendas, in an effort to "take back" the traditional, moderate Democratic party.

Just a couple of the ideas forwarded by speakers in this video:

-White Supremacy is at the core of the U.S. Constitution, and is fundamental to the socio-political operation of the U.S. to this day.
-Individualism/Individual Rights is a White Construct.

Now, the Christianity angle doesn't concern me, as I am not a Christian. But everything else in this video is virulently racist (in spite of what these people say about the inability of whites to experience racism).

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jodash

All I had to read was "White Privilege" and I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Seriously, white privilege? This is the reason there are so few individuals left in the world. This is the reason no one has a unique thought pass through that emaciated sponge they call a brain anymore... Racism exists because that is the focal point of society. The concept of "White Privilege" is an ideology of the ignorant/deluded, teaching the uneducated. Or shall we say, the "blind leading the blind".

This just further solidifies the fact that the human race is paving its own way to hell, and loving every minute of it. In 10 years we'll all be slaves and it won't be because of our skin color. Our children will grow up loving the idea of servitude for the greater "good", all the while their faculties sustained with paltry potential.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Reason
Scientific method
Individual rights = Racism

...The implication being the world would be better off without those?
I also learned I have more in common with Paris Hilton than my black neighbor, despite the fact we both have mortgages, car payments and didn't inherit a hotel chain. Oh, and we cookout together frequently. But I'm so much more like Paris......

Stop the planet I wanna get off.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

...The implication being the world would be better off without those?

Somehow, I'm thinking that isn't what Martin Luther King Jr. had in mind while talking about content of character over color of skin. The very positive and important pursuit of equality has gone off into some real odd places. Negative places, IMO.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

hy·poc·ri·sy (hiˈpäkrisē)
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform.

edit on 14-5-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This video is retarded, and although I imagine most of not everything presented is taken so far out of context that it is unrecognizable, on face value, its simply nonsensical and seemingly specifically made to represent general insanity.

I therefore will put very little consideration into the presentation of the argument (because its that crazy).

Yes, the western establishment has a very very dark past in regards to racism, and white priv was most definitely a thing for a very long time...and to some degree still today (mostly leftover...you get a 500 year head start on a race, your going to be ahead of the crowd for quite sometime)...but to suggest things like reason and logic are white things...well, that's just crazy talk.

I love the Internet, because its on the net where a person is ultimately judged based on what they offer mentally, not what skintone their text is displaying. I think both sides of the race baiting will eventually be washed away with the new generations focusing in on what is presented verses who is presenting it.

+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just going to throw this out there.

This is complete stupidity, I as a white man, in the modern US have much less opportunity for, and use of, outside resources to further my education or find help in times of need.

There is no "united white college fund" there is though a united negro college fund.

There is no white rights advocacy group, unless you count the KKK or some other idiotic fringe group, there is an NAACP

There is no rule that makes an employer higher white people, there is though a law to persuade business not to higher whites, but higher any other minority instead, affirmative action.

I am just curious where this white privilege help me or my white family at all.

I am "the working poor", I don't get a single nickel from the Government for anything. I have been walking to work because I aid $1,000 to have my transmission fixed, and the mechanic didn't fix it, and now a month later he wont honor the 6 month warrantee I aid him for.

So I have to pay another guy to fix it right this time, and make payments until I pay it off to get the truck back.

Then I have to pay a lawyer and filling fees to sue this guy, to get my money back.

All the while I watch people ( of color/non white) wearing Jordans ( really $150 shoes?) and an outfit worth more than most of my combined clothing, at least a few hundred in jewelry, and driving a escalade or lexus or Mercedes, using food stamps in front of me.

There is racism alive and well today people.

If your white your the new n^%%$#, and if your any other color or sexual reference than straight, or religion than Christian or jew, your the "privileged". Laws guarantee it, and encourage the discrimination of all straight white Christians.

I am straight and white, but no Christian, does this get me a pass? NO!!!! I am white.

The only way to throw off the cloak of "whiteness" is to either denounce Christ, or become gay, do either of these and you can be in the "IN" crowd.

It is stupid.

I hope for true freedom and equality one day. Where all have a decent chance at success, and where any who work, will live well.

This will never happen while these same racist POS live and breath and talk.

No matter the KKK or NAACP, any group that promotes the rights of one group or race or religion above others is bigoted and needs to die, anyone who supports them is a racist, anyone who cant see that is blind.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yawn. I saw this during the last years of Clinton, its the de-construction of the Democratic "big tent" after it can no longer serve its purpose. The rise of these divisive ideas on liberal sites and blogs heralds the next Republican president, as ideological leftists are driven from the party based on skin color or gender, shrinking it in size. From what I've seen, it may be happening now.

If so I hope its Rand. A little Kentucky Bourbon in the national punch would be fun... Maybe a running mate chosen to let women and people of color know not to fear to fear him. That would be good, I guess.

The truth is politics bores me now though. I feel like little by little, day by day, we're all waking up from the illusion of politics and remembering the truth: that the power to create our futures is literally in our hands.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Whites do and have experienced racism in modern american society. Any ideas like this that would motivate a nonwhite to act against me in a negative manner, simply because the color of my skin, is a racist idea.

These folks are Marxist history interpreters.

Look at the real target.....white males, christian, European, wealth, our economic and political underpinnings.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Starred!

Rand Paul and Condi Rice republican ticket!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

No, no, no. You're sarcasm betrays a trust you hold in the system which I myself do not hold. Assume for a moment the Democratic party is doomed in the next presidential election. (I assume I am talking to one from the left, as I am too because I totally get your sarcasm) Who would you like to see lead from the right? Would you like to see a nice "moderate" like Chris Christie, who appeared so friendly on the Jon Stewart show, only to show his willingness to shut down infrastructure to punish opponents? Would you like to see one of these slick Rubio types do it? To "limit the damage"?

The country is turned off to this east coast slime show we've been subjected to for so long. "Moderate" has increasingly become a codeword for "corrupt". It is the most punk rock candidate who will win, the freshest who will win. The person who looks most disruptive to the status quo.

The fact is most American's have lost faith in the system at this point. It is those who offer some possibility of meaningful change - in almost any direction - who are going to draw future votes.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue
An interesting perspective; that this is an indicator of change in party.
My own view on the political parties is that there are no longer any significant differences between them, as they are both operating on the directives of corporate interest. And it's important to them that a majority of the people still perceive that there is a difference.
This "white privilege" movement is a social one, led by progressives. I certainly don't think it's going to go away anytime soon, regardless of who the next president is. If anything, should the next president be Republican, that will likely fan the flames of this hatemongering.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
*BH puts on flame-retardant suit and steps behind armored enclosure.*

I agree with what I heard on the video. I haven't always felt that way. At all. No one taught me to feel this way - I did not attend any seminars - but over the years, with the experiences I've had, the situations I've witnessed and a LOT of thought, I've come to this position on my own.

I don't believe that privilege and racism can exist in one person simultaneously. I don't think a white person can experience racism in this country. Prejudice, yes. But not racism. I have a slightly more complex definition of racism than, "treating a person badly because of their race". It's just not that simple.

I don't feel "guilty" for being white, nor do I feel "sorry" for minorities in this country, so save it. I just understand that racism is far more complex than the simplified meaning that many give it. Racism was bred into this country. Not as anything nefarious - it was innocent and accepted as fact. But it is still with us.

I won't try to defend my position here, nor will I go back and forth with anyone. I just wanted to state my position on the issue.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
These folks are Marxist history interpreters.

Spot-on. And what I noticed from the video is that they have to dig into history to find legislative and recorded social examples of this "white privilege," claiming that it still holds without providing current evidence. The truth is, many of the examples they cite have likely been negated by the myriad of laws passed since then.

It's 2014 now, and many of the things they are railing against can't exist, because of current laws and social climate. I'd like to think that they are completely ignorant of this, but of course, they are not. These progressives have the goal of completely subverting the White European gene pools, specifically because of the historically solid ethics (like integrity and autonomy) that we possess.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"Got Privilege?"

edit on 14-5-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
*BH puts on flame-retardant suit and steps behind armored enclosure.*
I don't believe that privilege and racism can exist in one person simultaneously.

It's interesting that you say that, because the coexistence of racism and privilege in the white races is a core underpinning of this particular progressive movement.

I understand the desire to achieve "social equity," and I do not have a problem with people who wish to lift themselves up, either individually or as a group. This movement clearly does not seek to achieve equity by lifting minority groups up, but by dismantling and destroying anything resembling white identity, along with whatever shreds of culture we have been grudgingly allowed to maintain.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
With guaranteed acceptance at universitys and hiring laws favoring african americans I have trouble seeing this'white privilage'.
People like'the Reverend'Al Sharpton make careers out of playing the race card.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't think a white person can experience racism in this country. Prejudice, yes. But not racism.

WOW. Lets take a look at racism ...

The first definition that came up -

- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

- prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
*************************************'
The second definition that came up -

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
**************************************''

And you can't see some white people being treated with hatred by some people of other races? I think you need to get out more. But whatever. Think what you like.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yet what we have here is a taking of historical woes and isolating them based now on skin color. The fact that there is economic parity now days between so many whites and blacks is irrelevant to the above. They must use a broad vague brush and disregard efforts by our culture to change or their argument falls apart. They have some idea, that they hold close to the breast, about a future america and its not holding hands and singing Kumbaya. They certainly want to convince a large segment of the population that an irreverence for the constitution is justified. In the end this is not even about race.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jodash
It's interesting that you say that, because the coexistence of racism and privilege in the white races is a core underpinning of this particular progressive movement.

You misunderstood me. Sorry, my fault. What I should have said is that I don't think a person of a privileged race (in this country, that would be white people) can be on the receiving end of racism. The privileged race can perpetrate racism, but not be on the receiving end.

FYI, this thread has started a fantastic conversation between my husband and I and, after much discussion, he sees what I mean and pretty much agrees with me. When we started, his definition of racism was "treating someone badly because of their race", but he has come to see what I mean and may even agree to an extent. So, that's a very cool thing. It's all about education, IMO. If people would listen to these videos with an open mind, instead of being so defensive, they might just learn something...
edit on 5/14/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join