It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-White Polemics Continue With the White Privilege Conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I recently logged back into my Tumblr account, after many months of staying off for school, work...and the general attitude that site now displays. It's a constant stream of social justice and special snowflakes.
I may get flamed for this...
But your comment reminded me of something I came across on Tumblr recently: Transethnic. Yep, they're trying to make that a thing now...All I can do is shake my head.

I haven't looked into it much more than that, because I knew there would be much head shaking...and my neck just can't handle that strain right now.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Britster1821

"Transethnic?" I thought, as I clicked the tumblr link

Now I regret that action. Wow. That's just all kinds of messed up.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SirMike

Yes, agreed.

I just started this thread yesterday, and in the info searches I've conducted while forming replies I have found that this movement seems to be more widespread than I initially thought.

It really is disturbing, because it isn't about bettering the self to work toward better social equity, but rather, tearing others down from their so-called position of privilege. In other words, injustice for all.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jodash

What sucks is, Transethnicity is a real thing...but Tumblr and it's SJW's have turned it into a farce. The real definition of Transethnicity is when a baby gets adopted into a family of a different ethnicity (ie: Chinese baby, American parents...Madonna and Angelina...)

Make sure to also stay away from ReverseRacism.tumblr.com. It's not what you think it is...Just as bad as White Whine, if not worse.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Racism is alive? What a surprise.
No seriously, is anyone REALLY astonished?

Perhaps this is a part of the bigger chessgame of the divide and conquer thing, same goes with religion.
We are no longer ONE people, but individuals that have been and are being stripped down to one blurred group that hates each other. Looks like a warning sign for the rest of us.
edit on thk073131WednesdayAmerica/Chicago by Skittle because: I can't spell

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's a rather simple task to demonstrate that the concept of white privilege is a myth.

Are all white people rich? No.

Are white people automatically guaranteed high-paying jobs? No.

Are white people immune to prosecution? No.

Are white people immune to experiencing injustices? No.

Do all white people experience safety, prosperity and a solid education due to their skin colour alone? No.

I don't understand how anybody can agree with the above facts and still believe in the existence of white privilege.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

That's what I've always said. My black ex boyfriend came from more money than I could even imagine...yet I was seen as the privileged one. I'm sorry, privileged how? I worked myself to the bone, trying to scrape some money together for college...I don't get a fancy scholarship because of the color of my skin. I guess I could go the Native American route, but since I don't look it, I'd be considered a fraud or a racist...dang. Better check my privilege.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't think a white person can experience racism in this country. Prejudice, yes. But not racism.

WOW. Lets take a look at racism ...

The first definition that came up -

- the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

- prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
*************************************'
The second definition that came up -

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
**************************************''

And you can't see some white people being treated with hatred by some people of other races? I think you need to get out more. But whatever. Think what you like.

You've made it clear..We all know what you think...

(post by Justwatchingyou removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
There was a brain surgeon on the other night talking about how all whites whatever the social status and economic condition are the direct beneficiaries of white privilege. Now we can all see what this is about so I wont bore you. But the question arises as to where that puts blacks in relation to white privilege then? The only possible conclusion is that blacks themselves then are the benefactors of the same white privilege.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britster1821
Transethnic. Yep, they're trying to make that a thing now...All I can do is shake my head.

For reference ... This is a new thing making the rounds on the internet. It's a misappropriated term (from multi ethnic homes). Some call this 'cultural appropriation'. This new twist of 'transethnic' are cases of whiny (subconsciously self hating) white people seeking out status as an “oppressed other”. Deep repressed hate at their own birth ethnicity comes to the surface and they try to identify themselves (usually but not exclusively) with black instead of white.

Urban Dictionary

A person who feels that they should be from a different ethnicity, meant in a similar way to transexual. Generally used by white people to exoticify and assume entitlement of a culture that is not theirs. Kinda racist.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
any one who thinks whites have never been the victims of racism and social problems just because of who they were(white Europeans) or where they were from has not studied Irish history (either in the UK or America) en.wikipedia.org...

and those West Virgina ,Pennsylvania and various other coal mining states are just over brimming with privileged white people in whats left of those mining towns

And the thing is....there's little to no crime in many of these poverty-stricken places.

I bet that the OP doesn't even know that Irish people were slaves too, not to mention many other different peoples.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Fylgje because: error correction

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... video reply from an African American woman refuting the confrence in question

think she speaks quite clearly and intelligently on the issue

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The myth of straight white male victim hood is the new racism.

In every generation whites have hyped fears of black anger, black bigotry and the supposed desire of African Americans to exact revenge on whites. From fears about slave rebellions, to claims that integration would lead black children to knife white children in the hallways and rape white girls, to paranoia about Obama's secret plan for "white slavery," the cult of white victimhood has long had its charter members. Sadly, nowadays the cult has the attention of the media and a white public already anxious about changing demographics, the presence of a black president and economic insecurity. Unless the targets of their race-baiting (including the President) show the courage to push back and expose them for the venal fear-pimps they are, their methods will only get more extreme, their lies more bold, and their ability to inflict lasting damage on the nation more definitive.

- Tim Wise
edit on 5/15/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
none of this is actually about race. it's about encouraging people of any race, to not want to achieve financial security, education or compete in the market place. this is essential in creating a massive underclass. they don't want alphas. the black woman in the video above, is an alpha. her family members were alphas - people who strive for excellence and compete for resources. this is viewed as bad by the people who are moving us into a new paradigm. they don't want alphas. the usa is full of alphas, of all colors and nationalities, which is why it's under constant attack and attempts to redefine the value of the alphas in the society.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

An interesting and provocative idea that hadn't occurred to me. It certainly seems a possible explanation as to why concepts such as individualism, capitalism, the scientific method, logic, and reason are demonized in the movement. Because if you can imagine a world where these ideas have been obliterated (or at least subverted), you have imagined a world where no one has a point of reference to communicate with or relate to anyone else. I applaud your contribution!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Nothing says sad like a whole group of people whose culture has so motivated them to hate what they are that they are trying to shed it.

Your skin color and ethnic features are just as superficial as your hair and eye color.

And I refuse to feel one ounce of guilt for being born who and what I am.

White Privilege is just another tool to make us biddable peasants rather than successful achievers.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jodash

wasn't it pol pot who had people with educations, glasses or dentures, slaughtered, as he viewed them as being the source of possible future rebellion to his paradigm? the idea is very old. it assumes that alphas are the problem children of the "superior" leaders of the planet, as they tend to ask questions and expect answers, and if not satisfied, may raise up dissent.

the leaders are also alphas, however, the difference is, most world leaders are a few cans short of a proverbial six pack in the ethical category. so you have competition for resources and then you have deadly competition for resources. the difference in the world leader is psychologically defined as psychopathy, as few are capable and willing to share the marketplace with their charges. they have no morally driven reason to share the marketplace with their underlings because they consider anyone under them, inferior. it's odd but to them, if you aren't willing to be as vicious as they are, then you are deemed inferior. this is the difference, and it's quite disturbingly so.

edit on 15-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Quoting Tim Wise? Any connection he has to the White Privilege conference/movement, or anything he has to say on the "institutional racism" they are talking about is invalid. He is an author engaged in the capitalistic activity of writing and selling books for profit.
I watched a video of a talk he gave, basically encapsulating his book, "White Like Me." It was nothing but a coldly hateful diatribe full of outright misrepresentations and false equivalency.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
when a society discourages individualism and independent thought, i feel sorry for them.

standing on the shoulders of giants, does not mean anyone should tow the line.

when it boils down to a side, you have lost.

sound familiar?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join