It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and flags not sticking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have noticed recently that sometimes if I star and flag a thread it doesn't stick. I must be doing something sometimes that makes this happen. Something that contradicts the way the program records them. Maybe it is if I star and flag them and just close the window to return to a different window, maybe it is the way I back out of the thread. I was wondering if someone knows what I am doing that would allow the stars and flags not to stick. When your practice does not match the software, things don't always work out. I learned that many years ago from using quickbooks pro in my business. changing something without entering the change in a special way interferes with the recognition of the change sometimes.

I would like to know of any scenarios that can cause the non-recognition of this event. I will keep checking and find what I am doing that could cause this, but maybe someone already knows. I would rather learn from others than to spend days trying to figure it out.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I noticed I have to hit the star several times before it shows up. Same with subscribing to a thread or flagging.
I dont think its you at all.

Peace.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I find that when I star someone then come back to that thread later the star has gone, and when I star that same member again I am able to star them twice.

Weird!!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

There are a couple of possibilities, if the page is not completely loaded, and there is a good bit of ads to load, the flag will not turn white, and may not change even when the page is fully loaded, so you need the press again.
The stars usually will show up in much the same way, only difference there is if you had already starred a post and perhaps forgot, the new star will appear, then disappear on the next refresh.

(post by IceHappy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Stars are broken anyways and they dont mean anything. It's been broken for months and doesn't look like it'll be fixed anytime soon. Don't worry about stars. (or KARMA either - that's messed up as well)

Take a look at the list of ATSers by STARS .... impossible numbers ...
ATS Member List by Star Count

Here's the list by flags .. which IS accurate
ATS Member List by Flags

Here's a fun list by number of posts made ...
ATS Member List by Posts

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

But you need the stars to save the princess, Bowser says so

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

I think it is related to the last makeover. I noticed it a few times before that but I could have messed up and forgot. I have been paying attention more now because it seems it is happening more. The flags is how I know for sure it is happening. I am thinking that stars may be affected also though. I make sure that the flag turns white and occasionally when I come back it is not white. I redo it. I do not know if the flag goes into the OP's total but my flag does not show up as if I did it. It could be adding a number the first time, I haven't been investigating that. Maybe the glitch is actually allowing double flags.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

There I just gave you your 4th on this topic

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Ya see, that's just weird because I clicked the flag earlier and it went to 4?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

But, I want the flags I give others to stick. I don't worry about my own flags. I can't flag myself anyway.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wonder if it happens when two people enter a flag initiation at the same time? I don't actually think the flag registers when you hit the flag button, I think it goes on when you go to another page. Same with stars. That is how many programs used to work.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There are no refreshes any more on flags/stars. It seems as though when you flag, it sends a database call at that moment, but I have no idea.

top topics

join