It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubio says he doesnt believe scientist. Let us stake the very survival of humanity on his uneducated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You are part of our problem. Someone, because of their Political divisive leanings is ready to pound a politician who doesnt buy a political position on what was called"Global Warming" and when that didnt work, the New World Order shifted to "Climate Change"...since you are not a scientist and gullible, you will believe what you are fed....and use it to discredit someone(A shhhh Republican?Hispanic American?) who is threatening to you and your belief system. If you and millions of others did the research, you'd find the Global Climate Changes change on their own, without us......
Ares you a Fascist sympathizer? Wake up. You are a sheep following the wolf.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We spend more money on education than any country on earth....money isnt the problem.

a reply to: LDragonFire

edit on 13-5-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Xeven

....At least in the UK your food is labeled whether or not it contains GMO or not right?

I don't have that freedom in the US. Even the current savior Rand Paul voted against me knowing what I purchase and eat is a freedom I deserve!

Labeling food as GMO is slavery, not freedom. The freedom of speech gives business owners to place whatever text they would like to on the product. If YOU started a campaign to buy only food labeled GMO-free, and it failed, then it would because people don't support your idea and you have no Democratic support. If you succeed, then you won't have to threaten to destroy businesses that disagrees with your labeling policy because GMO-free food will become widely labeled as GMO-free and available.

Liberals such as yourself have quite a ridiculous idea of freedom. You think freedom is telling other people what they have to do like labeling their own products a certain way. It never even started to cross your mind that you could start your own labeling campaign without forcing people to do your bidding against their will... never even occurred to you, did it?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Somebody lives in the now. How childish. You, you, you.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

O K, quick show of hands.

How many here are willing to bet their lives and the lives of their kids on one man's opinion about anything?

I don't care if it were Einstien, Edison, or Tesla; I would not put all my faith on what just one person had to say on any subject.
If there is enough information to sway the opinions of a large number of those involved with in the same field of study, then I start to pay attention.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Who funds the scientists?

Serious question!

Seems to me that we have Corporations in control of our government, so why is it so inconceivable to believe that a scientists results funded by these same corporations wouldn't or couldn't be skewed to reflect the desired results of the BIG MONEY that is funding their research?

Not all science is funded in the way you have described.

The alternative is a hunch

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

People like you who side with business are the enemies of mankind. We all have the right to know what is in our food, period, this is our country and we do not have to accept being poisoned without our knowledge. Step aside

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Who funds the scientists?

Serious question!

Seems to me that we have Corporations in control of our government, so why is it so inconceivable to believe that a scientists results funded by these same corporations wouldn't or couldn't be skewed to reflect the desired results of the BIG MONEY that is funding their research?

who funds the politicians?

ill trust a scientist over a business man any day.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

originally posted by: boymonkey74

....At least in the UK your food is labeled whether or not it contains GMO or not right?

I don't have that freedom in the US. Even the current savior Rand Paul voted against me knowing what I purchase and eat is a freedom I deserve!

Labeling food as GMO is slavery, not freedom. The freedom of speech gives business owners to place whatever text they would like to on the product. If YOU started a campaign to buy only food labeled GMO-free, and it failed, then it would because people don't support your idea and you have no Democratic support. If you succeed, then you won't have to threaten to destroy businesses that disagrees with your labeling policy because GMO-free food will become widely labeled as GMO-free and available.

Liberals such as yourself have quite a ridiculous idea of freedom. You think freedom is telling other people what they have to do like labeling their own products a certain way. It never even started to cross your mind that you could start your own labeling campaign without forcing people to do your bidding against their will... never even occurred to you, did it?

you have got to be joking.

its a business, not a person, so it doesn't have free speech. its required to disclose ingredients anyway, is that slavery?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ricky Revere
You are part of our problem. Someone, because of their Political divisive leanings is ready to pound a politician who doesnt buy a political position on what was called"Global Warming" and when that didnt work, the New World Order shifted to "Climate Change"...since you are not a scientist and gullible, you will believe what you are fed....and use it to discredit someone(A shhhh Republican?Hispanic American?) who is threatening to you and your belief system. If you and millions of others did the research, you'd find the Global Climate Changes change on their own, without us......
Ares you a Fascist sympathizer? Wake up. You are a sheep following the wolf.

it was frank lutz of the republicans that started "climate change" to defuse "global warming".

global warming isnt a political issue, but one of science. believe it or not, its still true.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
To the OP,

We Should trust the scientists? Well, the head of the IPCC isn't a scientist, he's an agenda pusher. Tobacco scientists are scientists, I don't trust them, they even lied to congress stating that "Tobacco is not addictive" so just trust a scientist is no enough for me, sorry. Phrenology used to be considered a science, until it was shown to be a sham with racist overtones. Same with eugenics.

Climate scientists are no different, they have a career track, they need to publish papers, they need to get grants etc etc. But worst of all is that governments are pushing money into the climate science, but only if you agree anthropomorphic global warming. And If you disagree with it, well then good luck with your career.

Luckily, the backlash in pubic opinion has create some head space and now about 700 scientists are now coming forward to debunk the anthropomorphic global warming co2 scam. see this video at 1:38 www.youtube.com...
So If I must trust scientists to look intelligent in your eyes, I think I'll trust those scientists.

And one word of advice, if you're thinking about going into climate change science, you should probably find a new major because all that government slush money won't be around forever, especially since the solar shutdown has started and we are entering into a new Maunder minimum. And the federal government has known about this since 2003.
edit on 13-5-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If you even care to look at the politics of climate science you will find it ripe with fraud and misrepresentation. Thank God some politicians are willing to stand up and risk ridicule from the REALLY uneducated and at least try to show this fiasco for what it is. If Rubio did this, that's great. This is mostly a repeat (with some additions), but quite frankly, I'm tired of going over the same stuff again and again:

In a place that purports to question authority and "deny ignorance" it is amazing how many ATS members swallow the Global warming hysteria hook, line, and sinker. Anything else the MSM tells us and we're all "You're lying!" and come up with conspiracies to explain the so-called "facts" we're being fed. But if a mainstream "scientist" says, "Global warming is gonna getcha if you don't watch out!" then we're all willing to dump our cars, go vegan, and consent to NWO Global Rule with hardly a whimper. OP is in this category. Everything is a conspiracy, except scientists dependent on government funding for their careers, in which case everything they say is gospel truth.

Why don't we question this more? Why don't we look up the history? Why don’t we investigate alternative explanations?

OK, LET'S JUST TAKE THIS AT FACE VALUE:
Fine, all the scientists are right. It's warming up (Please ignore the last decade for awhile) and WE caused it. So what's going to happen? The Sierra will expand. Warm places will get warmer. Some people will die because of it because some governments and bureaucrats were inept in getting them food and water. It's not that it doesn't exist. It's just that fools with guns like to disrupt supply chains.

Meanwhile some cold places will warm up and some people won't die of cold. Places like Canada and Siberia will become bread baskets and major grain producers. You'll be able to grow wine grapes in Scotland (again!) and support farms and livestock in Greenland (again!) You'll spend more on air conditioning, but less on furnaces.

When we had a whole lot of carbon in times past, we had lush forests with common bracken ferns growing 40 feet tall. The entire Earth was a garden of plants. As long as you could avoid plodding Brontosaurus feet there was plenty for everyone. (Now don't go getting pedantic on me by self-righteously pointing out your simplistic knowledge that there was no such thing as a Brontosaurus, OK? Spare me the friggin' grief!)

Besides, your alternative is what, exactly? [Insert drum roll here]. Another Ice Age! Yup! That's right. Look at the record. It's time for one. I don't know about you, but I kinda think avoiding one of those global glacier thingies is not a bad idea at all.

AND WHAT IF IT ISN'T TRUE, OR AT LEAST NOT MAN MADE?
You know by now, I hope, that Gore's "Hockey Stick" is BS, right? (OK. It's because the program that produces the hockey stick will do so every time the input is "red noise." What is red noise? White noise is random data. Red noise is random from the last data point, like stock prices. If you put stock prices in the program that produced the hockey stick, you ALWAYS get a hockey stick. neat, huh?) And you DID actually read and study the Climategate emails and files, right? And as a result you do know that the "science" holding up this preposterous Global Warming fiasco is a house of cards of faulty computer programs, erroneous data, fudged reports with political overtones, and just plain screw-ups, right?

Want an example of fraud? OK Here ya go:

Pretty, cool, huh? And WHY is this important? because the green line is TREE RING DATA and it is tree ring data that acts as a "proxy" (since no one bothered to put real thermometers online thousands of years ago) to "represent" temperature. If a tree ring is THICKER, that represents MORE GROWTH and HOTTER temperatures (Wait!! More GROWTH?!? What's THAT all about?!) If a tree ring is THINNER, well, it's colder, probably, unless thick and thin is a matter of the presence of water instead of temperature, but Shhhh! Don't bring that up!)

But ANYWAY the real point is that the green line is tree rings and while everything else shows an INCREASE in temperature, the green line is showing a DECREASE, therefore the tree ring data is LYING! And if it is not accurate TODAY, WHY are we using it as a proxy for how warm it was in the distant past?

Tough question, huh? The answer? MAKE IT DISAPPEAR and THAT’S what “Hide the decline” means! Why did they do it? Because they did not want to explain it and thought it would "confuse" you. And that is an example of SCIENTIFIC FRAUD (one of many) in this global warming debate. You've got computer programs that don’t work, data that is fudged, and outright fraud such as “hide the decline.” But hey! "Scientists" say it's true, so you better believe!

If you KNOW all this, why the hell do you still believe these jokers?

But hey, let’s look at some more data. Here’s a cool graph!

This shows temperatures over thousands of years have been DECLINING. What’s up with that? Here you can see there was a Roman Warm Period that was hotter than today, a Medieval Warm Period that was warmer than today, and a “Little Ice Age” in the 1700s that was positively chilly, but, when we compare to today, well, today is definitely warmer, therefore Global Warming must be real.

But you don’t have to take my word on it. Take a look at the Hockey Stick Illusion and read all about it.

There's no doubt that climate is changing. IT ALWAYS HAS! But there is no guarantee that climate will always be like we've known it for the last 200 or so years.It will change, and so will we. We have adapted before and we will again, but there's absolutely no reason to run around like Chicken Little saying the sky is falling.

So if Rubio said this, no matter what party he is from, that's great in my book. HE OUGHT TO BE APPLAUDED! I wish more people were intelligent enough to see through this fiasco. What is mystifying is that ATS, supposedly a place to deny ignorance, takes this on as if it we hard-core proven science when it is anything but. To put it in conspiracy terms you are more likely to understand, this is the "scientific propaganda wing" for the NWO designed specifically to justify taking away your freedoms and ushering you into a lifetime of poverty and making you like it at the same time.

ATS, if you believe this crap, you have drunk the Kool Aid, and may God have mercy on your souls.

Your cohorts fail to recognize that Rubio and the rest are protecting big oil, big coal and the entire globalist fossil fuel industry.

Your position is far more monied, powerful and widespread.

It is laughable when conservative Corporatists pretend they are on the side of good and righteousness. The petrol industry has opposed "global warming" because renewables and free energy threaten the money making machine that exists today.

Make sure to defend you right to be gouged at the pump and slowly poisoned at the same, god bless Murcia!

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

At least Frank gets paid to do it. Here in America people pay to get the chance to defend the rampant corporatism.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Rubio says he doesn't believe scientist. Let us stake the very survival of humanity on his uneducated hunch ? Seriously? You going to trust someone like that to lead our Nation?

Washington (CNN) - Sen. Marco Rubio says he doesn't believe humans are causing climate change and doesn't think any action can reverse course.
Rubio says humans arent behind climate change

Would anyone actually vote for this guy now? OK I get it it's a political hot issue but to just come out and say I don't believe the educated scientist is pretty stupid when you got zero evidence to prove they are wrong or even the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject.

Anyone who would vote for this clown now is well one and the same...

i'm not a scientist either, and even I know that there is a cyclical component to the earth's climate. there is just TONS of empirical evidence in the historical record, to support this.

it's going to happen, no matter what we do, or don't do.

that's not to say that we shouldn't clean up our act, and find ways to do things without all the damned pollution, but we are NOT causing "climate change", the universe is doing that...

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

i seriously hafta ask: how old are you?

the way you talk, and your apparent lack of understanding of how anything works.....you sound like a little kid

the DOD? seriously?

and even if he were wrong, it wouldn't lead to our extinction, because, and i know this might come as a shocker, the U.S. isn't the only country in the world.

did rubio announce he's gonna run, and i missed it? if not, then wtf are you talking about?

and he's not dismissing it because of political leanings, he's dismissing it, because it's bulls**t..

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

um....chill on the name-calling, and braindead rhetoric, man..you're gonna pop a vein...

i think it has mostly to do with wanting to know wtf is in their food.....wouldn't you argue people have THAT right too? or is it only a right when it's convenient to you?
edit on 13-5-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: spurgeonatorsrevenge

Your cohorts fail to recognize that Rubio and the rest are protecting big oil, big coal and the entire globalist fossil fuel industry.

Your position is far more monied, powerful and widespread.

It is laughable when conservative Corporatists pretend they are on the side of good and righteousness. The petrol industry has opposed "global warming" because renewables and free energy threaten the money making machine that exists today.

Make sure to defend you right to be gouged at the pump and slowly poisoned at the same, god bless Murcia!

Really, the corporations are behind the global warming deniers. You sure about that,because there is a lot on money behind carbon credit trading. The oil companies WANT carbon credit trading because it will be an inverse oil market. Their trading desks will make money when oil is up and when oil goes down the carbon credits will go up. The financial markets WANT carbon traded and taxed to use it as backing for a global reserve currency. Climate "scientists" are nothing more than hacks taking grant money and trying to make it to tenure and retirement before the money dries up.

If you want proof its a sham then look at this graph, it shows that the correlation between carbon dioxide and temperature has broken.

If increased CO2 causes temperatures to rise, then this should not be true. But it is true and the reason why its true is because CO2 is an effect of temperature change, CO2 is not a cause. In the graph you can plainly see that CO2 lags temperature change. These "scientists" have violated the most basic scientific rule, cause and effect. And if the topic were not so politicized, more scientists would step forward and decry this sham.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spurgeonatorsrevenge

then you green idiots better come up with something pretty quick.

maybe a giant centralized perpetual motion machines?

look to china and india and the emerging 3rd world nations, eh?

frikin stupid solution, if you ask me.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Really?... and what about all those "other scientists' who disagree with your AGW scientist?...

I guess they don't count...

It also doesn't count that the main scientists behind AGW have been caught time after time publishing lies, using nothing but fear-mongering tactics; hiding data, and even deleting data as well as trying to stop any scientists and their research which would refute the AGW claim... Go figure...

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Actually, many don't believe these agenda-driven, paid for scientists using bogus methods to detect global warming....er, I mean climate change....er, I mean climate disruption. Funny how they change the narrative to make their junk science easier to swallow.

I guess all of the scientists who declared a coming ice age back in the 70's must have died off.

And it's funny how you will use this argument to try and persuade others not to vote for Rubio (not that I would anyway), but you have people like Pelosi who tell the American public to pass one of the most damning pieces of legislation first so THEN we can know what is in it. But she's o.k.? You have Harry Reid who has completely destroyed the ability of the Senate to debate and only HE can approve what comes to the floor (anyone else see the HUGE issue with this) , but he's o.k. You have Obama with his COUNTLESS abuses of power that would have subjugated any previous president to impeachment proceedings, but gets a pass and the media, Hollywood, and the rest of the low-info voters love him to pieces.

Posts like this leave no doubt in my mind that things will NEVER change.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join