It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubio says he doesnt believe scientist. Let us stake the very survival of humanity on his uneducated

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Boyle's Law states that the volume of a given mass of gas at constant temperature is inversely proportional to the pressure on it.

Pressure is the force per unit area acting on a substance. This force imparts energy to the substance and does work either by moving the surface of the substance inwards (reducing its volume) or if the force can't overcome the internal repulsion forces between the atoms, by causing the individual molecules to vibrate more. This vibration of molecules is directly related to the temperature of the substane so heat energy has been created.

In an ideal gas at constant temperature the pressure is inversely proportional to the volume so, for example, four times the pressure reduces the volume by a factor of four. This is called Boyle's Law.
If the volume is constant then the pressure is proportional to the absolute temperature (e.g., if the pressure triples so does the absolute temperature). This is often called the Pressure Law.

I'm sorry you don't understand what atmospheric pressure is.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Boyle's Law states that the volume of a given mass of gas at constant temperature is inversely proportional to the pressure on it.

I know what Boyle's Law is. Simply put, when you apply pressure on a gas, volume is reduced. When you release pressure, volume is increased. Hence, volume and pressure are inversely proportional (if the temperature is constant). So what about it? That is elementary.

Pressure is the force per unit area acting on a substance. This force imparts energy to the substance and does work either by moving the surface of the substance inwards (reducing its volume) or if the force can't overcome the internal repulsion forces between the atoms, by causing the individual molecules to vibrate more. This vibration of molecules is directly related to the temperature of the substane so heat energy has been created.

In an ideal gas at constant temperature the pressure is inversely proportional to the volume so, for example, four times the pressure reduces the volume by a factor of four. This is called Boyle's Law.
If the volume is constant then the pressure is proportional to the absolute temperature (e.g., if the pressure triples so does the absolute temperature). This is often called the Pressure Law.

I see what you did there... You really have no idea what you are talking about, so you googled it, and then copy and pasted exactly what two people wrote between June 20-21, 2014 at the following page:

www.funtrivia.com...

You even copied the typo! "Substane" is not a word. I'm sure he meant "substance". Funny stuff! Plagiarism.

----

With that said... The person you copied and pasted from is saying exactly what I said in my last post with less words. He is talking about "applying pressure" also known as "compressing". He is saying when you compress a gas, the work/force used to compress the gas adds/creates heat (which is what I said).

He is also saying, when the volume doesn't change, pressure and temperature are proportional (Gay-Lussac's Law, or as he called it Pressure Law). Simply put, when temperature increases or decreases, pressure increases or decreases respectively. Also, when pressure increases or decreases, temperature increases or decreases respectively.

Basically, if you heat up (increase temperature) a sealed container of fixed volume with gas in it, the pressure inside the container increases. That is because when you increase temperature you make the gas molecules vibrate and move faster, and collide with the container with more energy, creating more pressure.

If you compress (add pressure to) more gas with a constant temperature inside a sealed container of fixed volume, it will increase the temperature. That is because when you measure temperature, you only measure a small sample area. If compress more molecules of gas with a constant temperature in that small area, you have a higher temperature in that area. It is also because of the added work/energy used to compress the gas.

---

Everything I have said above is simple physics. It also has NOTHING to do with pressure creating heat. Because pressure doesn't create heat... Applying pressure creates heat... but pressure itself does not create heat.

Example: If you highly compress (apply pressure to) a gas that is at room temperature, the gas will heat up. If you let the pressurized gas sit for a period of time, the heat will dissipate into the room, and the gas' temperature will equalize with the room, and return back to room temperature (while it is still under high pressure). That "pressure" the gas is currently under will not create heat. The only time heat is created or increased is when you are applying pressure. Pressure by itself does not create heat.

I'm sorry you don't understand what atmospheric pressure is.

I fully understand what atmospheric pressure is. I'm sorry that you don't, and that you feel the need to copy and paste from people who do (including typos). I am also sorry you blindly copy and pasted verbiage about basic gas laws, in hopes of it somehow pertaining to my concerns about the theory that Venus' high temperature is solely caused by it's high pressure, and not because of the greenhouse effect.

edit on 17-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Xeven

Who funds the scientists?

Serious question!

Seems to me that we have Corporations in control of our government, so why is it so inconceivable to believe that a scientists results funded by these same corporations wouldn't or couldn't be skewed to reflect the desired results of the BIG MONEY that is funding their research?

They sure can which is why you have follow the money trail. That said it is absolutley not in the interest of government to fund research whose conclusion requires massive government changes ie the switch from fossil fuels to alternate energy sources.

The anti-GW research is more often than not funded by the oil industry......DUH!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to: WeAre0ne

That was supposed to be in quotes but apparently capital Q's break the tag.

And you completely missed that the more pressure the more heat. Venus has 90 times the atmo pressure of earth. At this point you're trying to loophole science just to argue.

if the force can't overcome the internal repulsion forces between the atoms, by causing the individual molecules to vibrate more. This vibration of molecules is directly related to the temperature of the substane so heat energy has been created.

Everything on the surface of that planet is constantly under pressure from above.

Lookup Atmospheric pressure since you're so confused.

You also never fixed that guys math.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Schuyler, that is the absolute best response I have ever seen to the global warming hysteria that, as you said, the REALLY uneducated believe. Thank You!

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
we are expected to listen to 3 groups of people...
politicians...
climatologists....
insurance salespeople...

listen to them...they'll set you straight.....

I'm safe now....they'll stop the oceans from rising......just like the carbon tax.....
edit on 17-5-2014 by tri-lobe-1 because: because i can

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: Xeven
Coming from the party of cutting education this doesn't surprise me. They get elected and often the first thing they do is cut the education budget, this has dumbed us down in enough states that America isn't globally competitive anymore.

Fox news told me global warming, climate change is a scam so my corporate handles can't be wrong. I bet he is against teaching critical thinking as well.

We spend more money per student than just about every other 1st world country, so where are we going wrong? Just throwing money at a problem isn't fixing it. It's the process that's the problem and the system, not the funding.

One thing is they hire a lot of unqualified people to teach and to run schools.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
And pay those unqualified people too much money...

a reply to: Char-Lee

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

That was supposed to be in quotes but apparently capital Q's break the tag.

Right, lie some more. Do you think I was born yesterday? Broken tags would show up as plain text like this [Quote][/Quote], I would also be able to click the quote button on your post and see them.

LOL you're so funny.

And you completely missed that the more pressure the more heat. Venus has 90 times the atmo pressure of earth. At this point you're trying to loophole science just to argue.

I didn't miss that at all, in fact, I even explained it in layman's terms to you exactly how it works. Here is my quote:

That is because when you measure temperature, you only measure a small sample area. If compress more molecules of gas with a constant temperature in that small area, you have a higher temperature in that area.

If you compress more gas (increase pressure) ... you have a higher temperature.

It's funny you know absolutely nothing about basic gas laws, so you pretend. When someone explains to you exactly how a certain gas law works in layman's terms, you fail to recognize it. LOL, you literally just proved to me, and many people, that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Everything on the surface of that planet is constantly under pressure from above.

Yes, you are stating facts that I already know. Venus' atmospheric pressure is high. I am not arguing that, and it's funny you have no idea what I am even arguing about.

What I am arguing is THE HEAT SOURCE. Where does the heat on Venus come from? It comes from the Sun and the greenhouse effect. If it wasn't for CO2 and other greenhouse gases in Venus' atmosphere, the light from the Sun would just reflect off Venus and back out into space. But because of the greenhouse effect, the heat is trapped there in the atmosphere.

The heat is high, because the atmosphere is dense with greenhouse gases that absorb heat. It has nothing to do with the weight of the atmosphere putting pressure on Venus like you seem to be arguing. That is stupidity.

Lookup Atmospheric pressure since you're so confused.

You are the one that is confused. You are posting links and facts that I already know, that have absolutely nothing to do with what I am debating about. It's like you are just throwing out information in hopes that you might get lucky and say something valuable to this debate, and you fail every time. It's just stupidity at its greatest.

You also never fixed that guys math.

I don't need to. I has already been fixed.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

nova.stanford.edu...

Right, keep posting links to facts I already know. Hoping you get lucky and say something meaningful, lol...

So where does the heat come from?

When you go deep under water, and the weight of the water above you is pressing on your body. Do you heat up? No.

You seem to be arguing that you do.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

How about we don't believe scientists that are given large amounts of money to say what the people that are planning to tax the rest of us to continue giving the scientists to say the crap that they want?

How about large corporations wasting huge amounts of tax payers dollars to invest - and then declare bankruptcy - and pocket the tax payers money personally?

Come on - the gig is up.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

I agree with you, don't believe anyone.

Go out there, research, learn about physics, etc., and find out the truth for your self.

Many independent scientists have done just that.

They found that Anthropogenic Global Warming is real.
edit on 18-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

sure sure, WAO, sure sure...

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I keep posting them because you don't understand anything about atmospheric physics and it is obvious. Do you know why the surface of the earth is warmer than higher elevations? Atmospheric pressure causes heat, there is no way around it and you are trying to say that isn't true. It just makes you look as uneducated as you are regarding atmospheric physics.

science.howstuffworks.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join