It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iranian Group Signs Up 30000 Suicide Volunteers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The group Commemorating Martyrs of the Global Islamic Movement is signing up volunteers to be suicide bombers in Iran. The men are offered three choices Train for suicide attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq, for suicide attacks against Israelis or to assassinate British author Salman Rushdie. Several key Iranian lawmakers were present at the sign up. This may indicate that while there is no official support for the groups efforts, tacit approval may be there. The group claims no official ties to the government an that 30,000 people have signed up.

story.news.yahoo.co m
TEHRAN, Iran - The 300 men filling out forms in the offices of an Iranian aid group were offered three choices: Train for suicide attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq, for suicide attacks against Israelis or to assassinate British author Salman Rushdie.

It looked at first glance like a gathering on the fringes of a society divided between moderates who want better relations with the world and hard-line Muslim militants hostile toward the United States and Israel.

But the presence of two key figures � a prominent Iranian lawmaker and a member of the country's elite Revolutionary Guards � lent the meeting more legitimacy and was a clear indication of at least tacit support from some within Iran's government.

Since that inaugural June meeting in a room decorated with photos of Israeli soldiers' funerals, the registration forms for volunteer suicide commandos have appeared on Tehran's streets and university campuses, with no sign Iran's government is trying to stop the shadowy movement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I have to wonder, what type of interview process you have to go through for something like this? Do you need a resume? This is a fundamental reason why we have and will continue to have problems in this region. Our basic lack of understanding about the level of fanaticism that radical Islam brings forth. Having read the Quran, none of the twisted and perverted messages these groups put forth bears any resemblance to the teaching it provides.

[edit on 11/29/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Interesting; what of the hopes that the Iranian youth would prefer blue jeans and Madonna over the mullahs and the Jihad?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Interesting; what of the hopes that the Iranian youth would prefer blue jeans and Madonna over the mullahs and the Jihad?

It does not go into detail about the age range of the "recruits". A demographic would be intersting. The youth of iran seems to be getting tired of all the restrictions and the like. But there are fanatics in every group. Talk about job security eh

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

If the claims of 30,000 are true, which I doubt. 30,000 is still a small percentage and does not represent the feelings of all Iranians.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
If the claims of 30,000 are true, which I doubt. 30,000 is still a small percentage and does not represent the feelings of all Iranians.

I agree, the number seems quite high and while they have plenty of fanatics, the numbers seem pretty inflated. THe average Iranian would prefer good relations with the US, however, the Mullahs have squelched any reforms that threaten thier power base.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
30.000 is actually quite a lot, also percentage-wise I think.
This is not about a few brainwashed idiots, or about some people that had a bad childhood.

This reminds me of WWII.

I often wonder how so many germans were able to do what they did, yet todays reality is that similar questions could be asked regarding the 30.000 "allah fans" in Iran.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
30.000 is actually quite a lot, also percentage-wise I think.
This is not about a few brainwashed idiots, or about some people that had a bad childhood.

One thing to remebr thos, Iranians can rise up to fanatical levels if provoked. just look at the massed suicide attacks that occured in the Iran Iraq war. That why I do not relish the possiblity of a military action there.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ok, let me put it another way. And, allow me to assume that the reported number is somewhat coreect, give or take 8 or 9 thousand.

If that many people in Iran can be whipped up into a fervor for this, but they would prefer a more relaxed, Western environment, why don't they whip themselves up for that? Seems they are willing to get whipped up for something they do not prefer?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Read below the persians despise the muslim arab occuipors.

www.network54.com...

"""+PERSIA WAS ALREADY HIGHLY 10 TIMES MORE EDUCATED AND CLEAN THAN THAT DAMN RELIGION, LOOK HERE U R WORSHIPPING IN WHICH IN 600'S THEY KILLED OUR PEOPLE TO PUT IN ISLAM, YUR A TRAITOR SAMMY, SCUM OF SCUMS OF IRAN, I HATE U AND HATE UR FAMILY FOR BRINGING U UP LIKE THIS, AND MAYBE I HATE YUR WHOLE HAJI ANCESTORS REIGNING FROM HAJI TO HAJI, BUT ONE THING THAT I WILL HATE ABOUT U IS YUR NEED FOR GETTING TO MUCH INTO ARABIC CULTURE AND HISTORY AND YET YUR NOT EVEN ****IN ARAB, AND YUR DEFINETLY NOT IRANIAN! IRAN IS LAND OF ARYANS, LAND OF NOBLE PERSIANS, LAND OF THE BRAVEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, ONE OF THE SMARTEST TYPE OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, U AND THE REST OF U HADI AND WHOEVER ESLE ARE A DISGRACE FOR THE NAME IRAN AS WELL AS THE COUPLE MILLION OF MOLLAH ****S AND LOVERS IN IRAN, ONE THING REMEMBER IRAN WASNT MEANT FOR THIS EXTREME ISLAM , IRAN WASNT MEANT FOR ISLAMIC OPRESSION, IRAN WAS MEANT FOR THE SAME MORALS AND STANDARDS KE WHICH CYRUS THE GREAT FOUNDED OUR LAND ON, GOOD THOUGHTS GOOD WORDS GOOD DEEDS, NOW LOOK ONCE IRAN WAS TOP OF THE WORLD, NOW WE ARE CONSIDERED TERRORSITIC NATION POURING FANATIC MUSLIMS IN OUR COUNTRY, I SAY **** U GUYS, U GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HO NATIONALISTIC I AM OF MY PERSIAN CULTURE, AND TO SEE U GUYS RUINING MY HERITAGE, I HATE U GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL, AND AS GOD AS MY WITNESS U BASTARDS WILL PAY FOR THIS, AMERICANS EVERYBODY U MUST UNDERSTAND THESE PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED INTO BELIEVEING IRAN IS SO GREAT AND CIVILIZED, PSSH EXACT OPPOSITE, PEOPLE ARE LVIING IRAN BY THE MILLIONS

ASK WHY

THE IRANIAN GOVERNMENT ISNT REALLY IRANIAN, IT IS ANTI IRANIAN PEOPLE WHO WANT TO RID IRAN OF OUR PERSIAN CULTURE IN WHICH WE HAVE HAD FOR 2,500 YEARS AND THEY WANT TO RID IT VERY SLOWLY WITHOUT LETTING PEOPLE SENSE IT, ONLY THE OUTSIDERS OF IRAN CAN SEE IT, LISTEN TO ME 5 MILLION IRNAIANS LEFT IRAN DURING THE REVOLUTION, THAT WAS ALMOST 10% OF THE POPULATION, NOW TELL ME PEOPLE THIS ONLY OCCURS DUE TO POOR GOVERNING AND STRICT ISLAMIC LAWS ENFORCED ON PEOPLE.

THESE VATAN FOROSH PEOPLE WILL NEVER THINK CLEARLY, IT IS TOO LATE FOR THEM, BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO GET THE YOUTH TO THINK LIKE THEM CAUSE THEY KNOW THE YOUTH IS IRAN;S FUTURE, BUT HAHAHA THE YOUTH IN IRAN IS TOO SMART AND THEY ARE THINKING OF DEMOCRACY ONLY, SOON THE GOVERNMENT WILL FALL AND WHEN IT DOES I WILL CRY A HAPPY CRY AS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.""""

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Arab Muslim imperialistis and crusaders. They complain about the christian crusaders look at this!!

Look at the occupation of spain and persia!!. Spain was liberated by the might spainish warriors, by persia still needs to be set free.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Arab Muslim imperialistis and crusaders. They complain about the christian crusaders look at this!!

Look at the occupation of spain and persia!!. Spain was liberated by the might spainish warriors, by persia still needs to be set free.

in the image it says moslem ,
who are moslems? ( i would rather look at a authentic map then something cookedup by someone who cant spell , refering to the creator of the image not you )

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
By signing up in public and having the Iranian Gov officals present and promoting this act of aggression against the United States, these guys just gave the US justification for war against Iran.

My guess is that a strike on Iran will happen sometime before the Iraqi elections in January.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, only a few posts and someone has already mentioned Crusades and old Arab empire... that was fast...

On topic: the fact that there is actually a place where you can SIGN UP to be a suicide bomber is just... way too freaky

SIRR1, I doubt that this is enough to start a war. USA is too busy in Iraq now to start another war in that part of the world. Even Bush&Co are not THAT stupid...

[edit on 29-11-2004 by paperclip]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Even if it is only 3000, that is alot of backpack bombings going off!!

People act like this out of desperation.

30,000 is alot of volunteers to die for a cause if you ask me!!!

Pray for our troops over there in harms way. They will be in a very dangerous situation if this is true.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
No, maybe not enough....YET. It seems there are at least two new pieces of rhetoric against Iran each day, and is likely to increase exponentially in the the coming weeks. Not that much of it isn't deserved, but jeesh!!!

I've never before seen an Administration with such a keen interest in warfare, especially warfare without clearly defined goals. Truly, both terms of this administration will be viewed by historians (if any of us are left after this) as puzzling to say the least. I have little doubt that such tidbits about Iran keep "coming out" as part of the larger plan of building a case against Iran for the American people. Let's face it, they've never been our favorite kid on the block, and most of us are just looking for a reason to smash them.

Still though, when it comes to how to organize a war of occupation, this administration doesn't have a very good track record, so when (not if) there is action against Iran, I hope we stick with what we do best (i.e. air war with the defined goal of obliterating military facilities, C&C lines, decapitation strikes, etc.) and NOT worry about putting the pieces back together in our own ideal (i.e. as we are trying to do in Iraq). Forcing democracy on a people who don't want it, is a rather moronic idea. Eventually, they will simply "elect" a dictator, and you'll be right back where you started. Better to simply "punish" such nations with strikes (which are cheaper, more precise, and more effective than invasion), then any successive dictators will simply realize it's better to play ball then throw stones....

or to assassinate British author Salman Rushdie

Does it REALLY take that much to ice one guy? Had they really been serious about this, I'd think that Rushdie would be quite dead....

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
30,000 is nothing compared to this regime�s past support. During the Iraq / Iran war Iran threw hundreds of thousands of young fanatical men at Iraqi forces in suicide waves. They were not particularly effective, they managed to push the Iraqi army back but in the end their casualties were so immense that Iran darn near lost the war when Iraq counter-attacked. Only the soviet style battle tactics employed by the Iraqi army prevented a total massacre of Iranian forces.

One American observer once commented that they could not understand why Iraqi tanks were not already driving around in Tehran.

The nice thing about this is that the fanatical supporters of this regime are moved to the top of the causality list.

Also, it takes a LOT of logistics to train and support 30,000 soldiers. Iraq is rapidly running out of safe places for 1,000 insurgents let alone 30,000.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Paperclip,

Once these bombers start their run at US forces in Iraq, its an act of war.

Then the US can focus on hard targets in Iran by air and sea based weapons. Don't expect to see any US boots on the ground in Iran for several years, look how long we bombed Iraq before entering the country.

The US military has been waiting for this conflict since the fall of the Shaw and the Iran hostage crisis back in the early 1980's.

Iraq was only batting practice before the game. Everyone was screaming that the Iraq war was all about oil, in all actuality the Iraq war was fought over strategic positions to launch an all out air assault on Iran.

I say bring on the bombers!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I agree that since these bombers have the blessings of Iranian Officials, it probably would be viewed as an act of war by many.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Absolutely despicable how the U.S. has treated the nation of Iran.

For one thing, here is the United States barking about "freedom, democracy, and destroying terrorism." Yet in the 20th century, America has wholeheartedly supported two of the worst and brutal dictators in history, Reza Shah Palavi and Saddam Hussein. Millions suffered under the Shah and the American government started crying like a baby when the Iranian people fought for independence and got it. The thanks to Saddam and the green light given by the American government, over one

And you all wonder why Iranians hate America. And yes, they have a very good reason to. As an American myself, I really don't blame them.

Yes, Iran is a hotbed for terrorist activity. Yet many people still forget that many of those terrorist attacks, and especially Pan Am Flight 103 were in retaliation for the U.S. government's support for the Shah and Saddam, and the U.S.S. Vincennes shooting down an Iranian civilian airliner.

I don't get it. What does the U.S. government want? What makes it so important they be the bad guys here?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Eehmmm...21'st century yah!!
I think you forgot about General Musharaf.Wasn't he a tyran and a dictator,who overthrew the Pakistani Goverment and was supposidely off-limits....till He became Our Great Allei,after or just befor the War in Afganistan begun...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join