It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 people die after radicals set Trade Unions House on fire in Ukraine's Odessa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

At least 38 anti-government activists died in fire at Odessa’s Trade Unions House after suffocating with smoke or jumping out of windows of the burning building, Ukrainian Interior Ministry reported. The building was set ablaze by the pro-Kiev radicals.

Some 50 people, including 10 police officers, were also injured in the incident, the official statement said. It was not immediately clear whether those injured in Friday street clashes in Odessa were included in those numbers.

38 people die after radicals set Trade Unions House on fire in Ukraine's Odessa

There you have it folks. Civilians being killed in large numbers. This is not only what the Russians have been waiting for but will most likely be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Im wondering at this point if one of the two sides is somehow orchestrating these events in order to escalate this situation even further. Only time will tell.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: metaldemon2000

Shades of....

The Reichstag fire (German: Der About this sound Reichstagsbrand (help·info)) was an arson attack on the Reichstag building in Berlin on 27 February 1933. Marinus van der Lubbe, a young Dutch council communist and unemployed bricklayer who had recently arrived in Germany to fulfill his dream and to engage in political activities, was caught at the scene and after admitting starting the fire was sentenced to death. The fire was used as evidence by the Nazis that the Communists were plotting against the German government and the event is seen as pivotal in the establishment of Nazi Germany.

Link to Wiki

Is history repeating itself? Is this another false flag, except in the Ukraine? I guess we just wait and see.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Someone needs to mention it, so I will. Ukraine has enough fracking gas shale to supply Europe for decades and half of it is in the East; Western fracking companies have already signed the drilling rights (last year). Always look for the money!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Things just seem to be getting worse there every day now and I really hope cooler heads prevail but when leaders on all sides have a different agenda all I see is the common people losing out.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The problem I have for all of these recent incidents that make it to ATS is the source.

RT is a government controlled media outlet . . . Regardless of what the actual situation is, any violence that occurs will be blamed on a "pro-Kiev" faction by RT.

Think of Benghazi . . . the difference between the original media narrative and what actually occurred is wide.

Unfortunately, the Ukraine doesn't have the media outreach the Kremlin has and anything from Reuters or AP will be labeled "a western distortion of the truth".

I really think this planet is in dire need of a culling . . . just eliminate any of the "fossils" that still hold dear a nationalistic and ethnocentric mental modality.
edit on 5/2/14 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Answer me this. How exactly do you twist what happened here? People say RT is state controlled yes its true but you sir are completely kidding yourself if you think the likes of CNN, Fox, Reuters, or whatever else you follow is not state controlled as well. Even worse actually - coorporation controlled and approved by the state.

For weeks now Western media has reported pro Russian 'terrorists' are holed up in government buildings all over the East. This building was torched and OBVIOUSLY by even western media account it was full of the Russian protestors....Who do you think burned it down? The Russians? Unless you call false flag then no; Logic dictates the other side torched the bulding.

Those monsters were beating people AFTER they jumped out of the burning building. There is video proof but you will call Russian propoganda....sigh..

Arguably the most heinous act since the sniping incident in Kiev and look at the non attention the thread gets...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: solomons path
The problem I have for all of these recent incidents that make it to ATS is the source.

RT is a government controlled media outlet . . . Regardless of what the actual situation is, any violence that occurs will be blamed on a "pro-Kiev" faction by RT.

Think of Benghazi . . . the difference between the original media narrative and what actually occurred is wide.

Unfortunately, the Ukraine doesn't have the media outreach the Kremlin has and anything from Reuters or AP will be labeled "a western distortion of the truth".

I really think this planet is in dire need of a culling . . . just eliminate any of the "fossils" that still hold dear a nationalistic and ethnocentric mental modality.

Are you for real? Maybe you should do your own research if you don't trust the source, instead of criticizing it for no good reason.

Here's some video of the incident from the outside.

Here are some videos. Be sure not to miss the one in Odessa where fascists hack off a protestor's leg.

Here's some ladies carrying molotovs to the fascists to use in incinerating the people in the building. Notice all the riot police behind them? You'd think if these women were anti-Kiev that the junta's police would let them just walk on by?

edit on 2-5-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here's two reports, one from RT and one from BBC. Read them both and decide for yourself which is propaganda and which is factual.

RT, May 03 2014 - ‘They beat us with bats and chains’ - anti-Maidan activist in Odessa

RT:

“Militants from the Right Sector arrived from Kharkov to Odessa today. They attacked the center of the city first and then they moved on to the anti-Kiev protesters camp,” Albu told RT via telephone while in the hospital. “They attacked the camp with about 200 people there – 100 of whom were women and men over 50 and 60 years of age – with Molotov cocktails.”

“The people at the camp then barricaded themselves inside the Trade Unions House,” Albu said.

The Right Sector radicals then surrounded the building and “began throwing stun grenades and tear gas into the building...I was there inside the building and took part in the defense. We tried to defend ourselves as much as we could,” he added.

“When we were finally able to jump out of the window from the second floor, we were met by the Right Sector radicals. They beat us with their feet using bats and chains. My friend got an open head injury. I received a wound six centimeters long and am now in a hospital waiting to get stitches,” Albu stated.

Various impersonators tried to come up, according to him, including people pretending to be rescuers and Interior Ministry troops. He said the activists on the roof were determined not to leave unless they received some guarantees they would leave alive.

The activist described radicals from the Right Sector blocking off the entrance onto the nearby street and special police just standing there as it happened.

BBC, May 03 2014 - Ukraine crisis: Dozens killed in Odessa fire amid clashes

BBC:

Protesters were pictured throwing petrol bombs at the building

The fire broke out in Odessa's Trade Unions House, the regional office of Ukraine's interior ministry said. It did not give details of how the blaze started.

The exact sequence of events is still unclear, but reports suggest the separatists had barricaded themselves inside the building and both sides were throwing petrol bombs.

Ukrainian Deputy Foreign Minister Danylo Lubkivsky told the BBC he regretted the loss of life but insisted Russia was behind the violence.

"The situation remains under control. But the security situation is threatened by Russian special agents," he said.

"That's why we are requesting and demanding Russian authorities to stop their efforts that can undermine regional security and stability."

RT published statements from activists who were inside the building. BBC reiterated statements from officials in Kiev regarding the incident. Which is an accurate depiction?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

Thank you so much for this wonderful example Vovin. Right there staring at you folks - tell me honestly which article out of those two is blatantly propoganda...blantantly downplaying the situation...I am discusted and outrage personally. This right here is WORSE than what happened in the Maidan weeks ago and absolute minimal MSM coverage. Hell even here on ATS where people are supposed to know better this thread recieves a measly 8 flags and no conversation...sigh....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No no the protestors set the fires themselves!! Just like Waco...they willingly burned themselves to death for the cause......Seems the Pinkos will stop at no ungodly act to join Mother Russia....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Another bitch slap for Putin but he will do nothing because him and the USA are working a scam to push oil prices up and to increase military spending in the USA so yes the 38 deaths will fan the flame of oil price rises and Russia will do nothing in real terms.

The USA is sending Guns to Syria so the at the very least Putin should do the same in the Ukraine because if it's good for one side then it must be good for both right.

As always the people do the paying and if not in blood then in taxes

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Excuse my rehearsal, but...
Dear visitors, of ATS and this humble planet Earth. Please consider if you want to involve your energy according to the masterplan anymore. As no doubt what happens in Ukraine sounds Important, I invite you to look at the things from other perspective - the trap. I hope your vitality still means something to you. If so, look here, than decide by yourself.

-Your most drunk friend, the Bartender,
(and three half-naked widows)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Video of Right Sector fanatics shooting at anti-Kiev protestors inside of the union building.

I was wondering why in the pictures of the aftermath there were burned corpses that looked like the victims tried to crawl out the windows but only made it halfway. The video pretty much explains why.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Maybe someone could dumb this down for me. The way i see it is russia is trying to take over eastern ukraine just as they took over part of the ukraine called crimea already from the inside out and everyone is blaming the ukraine for taking a stand and taking back gov. buildings. I am here to learn but this spin reminds me of the tornadoes we had here in the us last weekend.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The BBC has a collection of eye witness accounts, seems to describe chaotic scenes with neither side being the innocent party, but the general theme is one of many local people not exactly rushing behind the Pro-Russian separatists.

Jan, downtown Odessa

There was a football match taking place between Chernomorets and Metalist Kharkiv at 5pm. Fans from Kharkiv and Chernomorets joined together, fighting pro-Russians wearing clothing with orange and black stripes.

It was two blocks away from me. They were provoked by pro-Russian groups. There was a tremendous clash.

Later on, the fight continued two miles away, near the central railway station. There was a camp for pro-Russians. Pro-Ukrainians and pro-Europeans destroyed this camp. There was a building where the pro-Russians were and it burned down. I don't know how.

This morning it is calm. Odessa was always quite calm. Nobody expected this. Every week there are pro-Russian and pro-EU demonstrations. But this is the first time the protests have turned violent.

Ivan Cutajar, central Odessa
People are not supporting the Kiev government. This is a misleading element. The government is temporary. This is for nationalism; this is for unity in Ukraine, this is different.

There was a match last night. After the match I ended up in Grecheskaya Street, opposite the Greek Consulate. They had already started fighting. People started running and fighting, there was confusion.

The pro-Russians took over the [Trade] Unions House. I wasn't there. I know that afterwards both sides were throwing [Molotov] cocktails.

The Unions House was burning, even the Ukrainians tried to help people out of the building. Fighting then broke out.

Daria, central Odessa
Yesterday I was hanging around in the city centre. In the afternoon, everything was fine: lots of tourists, Russian tourists, lots of people in the suburbs celebrating the holidays, not too many people in the city centre.

There was a demonstration for a united Ukraine by fans of the local football team.

As they moved, block by block, pro-Russians hit these peaceful demonstrators and they started to beat them. It was on Grecheskaya Street.

Pro-Russian separatists threw things at normal people and were using guns. At the shopping mall, pro-Russians were on the roof, shooting at people. The mall is surrounded by buildings and people were out on their balconies and were shot.

The Trade Unions building is near the train station, a few blocks from where this happened. There it was horrible.

The mood is very bad. This is a tragedy. The city is so calm usually. People are in hospital, I'm going to give blood.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
The BBC has a collection of eye witness accounts, seems to describe chaotic scenes with neither side being the innocent party, but the general theme is one of many local people not exactly rushing behind the Pro-Russian separatists.

Jan, downtown Odessa

There was a football match taking place between Chernomorets and Metalist Kharkiv at 5pm. Fans from Kharkiv and Chernomorets joined together, fighting pro-Russians wearing clothing with orange and black stripes.

It was two blocks away from me. They were provoked by pro-Russian groups. There was a tremendous clash.

Later on, the fight continued two miles away, near the central railway station. There was a camp for pro-Russians. Pro-Ukrainians and pro-Europeans destroyed this camp. There was a building where the pro-Russians were and it burned down. I don't know how.

This morning it is calm. Odessa was always quite calm. Nobody expected this. Every week there are pro-Russian and pro-EU demonstrations. But this is the first time the protests have turned violent.

Ivan Cutajar, central Odessa
People are not supporting the Kiev government. This is a misleading element. The government is temporary. This is for nationalism; this is for unity in Ukraine, this is different.

There was a match last night. After the match I ended up in Grecheskaya Street, opposite the Greek Consulate. They had already started fighting. People started running and fighting, there was confusion.

The pro-Russians took over the [Trade] Unions House. I wasn't there. I know that afterwards both sides were throwing [Molotov] cocktails.

The Unions House was burning, even the Ukrainians tried to help people out of the building. Fighting then broke out.

Daria, central Odessa
Yesterday I was hanging around in the city centre. In the afternoon, everything was fine: lots of tourists, Russian tourists, lots of people in the suburbs celebrating the holidays, not too many people in the city centre.

There was a demonstration for a united Ukraine by fans of the local football team.

As they moved, block by block, pro-Russians hit these peaceful demonstrators and they started to beat them. It was on Grecheskaya Street.

Pro-Russian separatists threw things at normal people and were using guns. At the shopping mall, pro-Russians were on the roof, shooting at people. The mall is surrounded by buildings and people were out on their balconies and were shot.

The Trade Unions building is near the train station, a few blocks from where this happened. There it was horrible.

The mood is very bad. This is a tragedy. The city is so calm usually. People are in hospital, I'm going to give blood.

It has been reported over and over again that the state forces let the fascist radicals (like Right Sector) do the dirty work in front of them.

There is so much evidence that clearly shows riot police doing nothing while fanatics firebomb and shoot protestors in the building, and then beat the protestors who make it out.

I saw a video of the confrontation between anti-Kiev protestors and fascists that took place on the street before the protestors were surrounded and forced to retreat into the building. In the video, riot police blocked off the escape while stepping out of the way of fascists with weapons to engage the protestors on the other side of the street behind protest signs- at this point they were fighting back.

I've already provided video of fascists shooting at people in the building. There's photos of men wearing Ukrainian colours (arm bands) throwing firebombs into the building.

And all the BBC has to say is "it's undetermined how the fire started" and "both sides were attacking each other". And now they are claiming that the anti-Kiev protestors were on rooftops shooting people? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? That's a pretty damning accusation considering that they ended up being incinerated, by who the evidence is quite clear.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Okay just to clarify i am no 'shill' ahaha
i'm just wishing for everything to settle and hoping that this won't be an incident of wishes of genocide that turn into a war (or already have) or maybe just a 'battle' that in a few years time will become known as something else (like with the Indians wiping out the minority) Sorry but i get so many questions about humanity when finding out whats happening.

Anyway urm yea it seems so much like it's been 'orchestrated' they seem to be advancing in a plan strategy because well first they block slovyansk then at the same day or just a few hours later they enter Kramatorsk and take over over there. Now they're heading towards donetsk? Where are they off next? Lugansk heading towards the boarder?
Then comes up everything in Odessa luckily it was not as terrible as solvyansk. The stuff in Odessa has shocked me so much because people i know from there actually sent me pictures of what happened that was not shown anywhere. Why do you set a building a fire? The people within the building didn't do anything, why did the mayor just stand and let it all happen?
Why are they doing this? Marching towards places where people are scared out of their guts for their families and friends and themselves? These so called separatist are ordinary people trying to protect themselves. I just feel sorry for them.

Like metaldemon2000 said, only time will tell.

By 'them' and 'they' i mean teh right sector and the nazi type people and the army like people
edit on 3-5-2014 by Justmea because: forgot to explain

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Stu-Flip you sky over to RT HD and watch their news from time to time

The pro right thugs outnumbered the pro Russians and firebombed their tents chasing them to the building the poor sods died in who were terrified as the police did nothing

Yes saw clips of people firing from building but also clips of people firing into building

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Apparently, this source claims that Andreiy Parubiy (current Ukraine Secretary of National Security and National Defense Committee) was present at the scene.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Those 2 girls in the photo don't even know the horror they just did to others, the agony and torture and horrific death, so dead inside.

But theirs will only begin, you can see their spirit in no time is already there. They need alot of prayers because their suffering upon leaving their bodies is going to be a great deal worse, what they've done is to themselves.

Its like seeing a shadow walking by, dead inside, but smiling as if its satan.

Ukraine is filled with beautiful nordic people and wonderful children, to TPTB orchestrating this; STOP NOW!!!! You like these girls will be only filled with the greatest remorse and sorrow you can imagine and be facing the pain you caused in your own being.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join