It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justin Bieber's Pal Lil Za Sentenced to Probation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

I read the news today and came across this clip. I wish to rant a little about this because it makes me SOOOO ANGRY when the average Joe can be tossed in prison and the key thrown away for minor infractions, yet when a Money Bling Rich Wannabe Star does it, they get a slap on the wrist with NO JAIL TIME.

Source

The 20-year-old — legally named Xavier Domonique Smith — pleaded no contest to one felony count of possession of a controlled substance, ecstasy, and one misdemeanor count of damaging a prison or jail. (The sentencing could have been much worse, since Lil Za was originally charged with three felonies for possession of ecstasy and Oxycodone as well as a felony count of damaging a jail.)

Really? So you can have a substance that will get you life for any other person, but this guy had MORE and walked away without any jail time! Where is the uproar!? Where is the anger!?

The aspiring hip-hop artist was sentenced to three years of felony probation and 20 days of community labor on Wednesday in L.A. He was also ordered to enter a drug program and pay a $1,000 fine and $600 in restitution.

He got zip! This probably wouldn't bother him because he says he doesn't do the drugs he was caught with.

He also claimed that he doesn't use what he referred to as "pure MDMA," "moon rock," and "purple moon rocks," but keeps it on hand to give to girls. They "love it," he said, according to the docs.

So where is the distribution charge? He opened admitted that he doesn't use it but GIVES IT TO GIRLS BECAUSE THEY LOVE IT! People like him are the reason your children don't come home because they're dosed up on some kind of illegal substance and are lucky to come out alive most of the time! He shouldn't just be in prison... he should be UNDER the prison!

What makes me most upset about this is... When you look at the responses to this post at the bottom of the page, no one seems to care what he's done. They only care that "he's not a real rapper".. or "they musta run out of the names" when refering to his name. Not one person seemed to give a damn about him possessing and distributing drugs to other people... for OBVIOUS reasons!

What say you ATS? Am I blowing this way out of proportion? Do you feel the anger I feel?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Nope!

Your not blowing it out of proportion at all!

The wealthy and privileged class, have a different set of rules than us serfs!

Our judicial system is easily paid off by the wealthy, just as much as our political leaders it seems.....

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If what TMZ is reporting about in regards to the amount of illegal substances found .. then this guy should have been put away for a long time. But $$$ gets you off. It would have been better for him to be in jail. It could have helped him break the drug habit. The 'probation' is just putting off the inevitable ...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I'm more concerned about the Oxy than the Molly... They didn't give any reasons or quotes about that lil detail. Oxy is much more dangerous IMO.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Jail does not help break drug habits... Good grief.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Cops will take money from anyone not just the rich and famous and I know from personal experience they can be had for a very reasonable price.
edit on 1-5-2014 by SilverStarGazer because: Typo

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverStarGazer
Jail does not help break drug habits... Good grief.

Depends on the jail ... good grief. And with the drug use the court would have put him on drug testing during the time. He could at detox at the very least.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Cops will take money from anyone not just the rich and famous and I know from personal experience they can be had for a very reasonable price.

This wasn't up to the cops to take a bribe though.

This was sentence was handed down by the "JUST US" system.

Similar but different animal.
edit on 1-5-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well, I think its a tad bit out of proportion, generally speaking

1) drug possession is ridiculous. I tend to agree with the decriminalization folks. treat it as an addiction, not a crime. If a grown-arse adult chooses to poison themselves, I am not seeing the issue here unless they are endangering someone else. This extends to the girls who ask him for some stuff.
I don't think he should have gotten more, I think its time to lessen the jailtime and focus more on trying to encourage a stepping out of the lifestyle. Prison is only criminal college...sending people there only results in smarter, harder criminals often.

2) Freaking out about someone having drugs onhand in case a girl wants it is not much different than booze on site should they want it. Again, unless he is forcing / slipping her the stuff, then its her free choice to take it.

On a personal note, drug addiction has hurt my immediate family a lot in the past. Don't think I personally am apathetic about the subject, just about its criminal aspect of it. Treat as an addiction and we might get somewhere as a society.

As far as the specifics of Beiber and friends...I don't care all that much. Rich people can buy better lawyers..better lawyers charge more. Until we make lawyerbot that works equally as good regardless of pay, then there will always be multiple levels of legal representation. Human fallibility.
So, focus on the law verses the defense.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

This wasn't up to the cops to take a bribe though.

This was sentence was handed down by the "JUST US" system.

Similar but different animal.

We in the US have a legal system, not a justice system. Justice is subjective anyhow.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Well, I think its a tad bit out of proportion, generally speaking

1) drug possession is ridiculous. I tend to agree with the decriminalization folks. treat it as an addiction, not a crime. If a grown-arse adult chooses to poison themselves, I am not seeing the issue here unless they are endangering someone else. This extends to the girls who ask him for some stuff.
I don't think he should have gotten more, I think its time to lessen the jailtime and focus more on trying to encourage a stepping out of the lifestyle. Prison is only criminal college...sending people there only results in smarter, harder criminals often.

2) Freaking out about someone having drugs onhand in case a girl wants it is not much different than booze on site should they want it. Again, unless he is forcing / slipping her the stuff, then its her free choice to take it.

On a personal note, drug addiction has hurt my immediate family a lot in the past. Don't think I personally am apathetic about the subject, just about its criminal aspect of it. Treat as an addiction and we might get somewhere as a society.

As far as the specifics of Beiber and friends...I don't care all that much. Rich people can buy better lawyers..better lawyers charge more. Until we make lawyerbot that works equally as good regardless of pay, then there will always be multiple levels of legal representation. Human fallibility.
So, focus on the law verses the defense.

I am not going to debate any of your points. I agree with them actually!

My beef is how this person was given special treatment versus what would have happened to a.......let's say a gas station attendant?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Life in prison for a drug charge? If that's what you want that seems a little harsh.
The drug dealer isn't the reason your kids are getting high, your kids are.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Most jails in the USA do not have drug treatment facilities.
And drug use in most jails is really extensive.
However, California DOES have drug treatment.
And it can be part of the sentence.

In Prison Treatment Programs

Substance Abuse Treatment (SAT) Program
California Rehabilitation Center (CRC)
Norco, CA
Capacity: 140

California Men's Colony (CMC)
San Luis Obispo, CA
Capacity: 120

Correctional Training Facility (CTF)
Soledad, CA
Capacity: 120

Obviously more programs like these are needed.
There aren't enough spaces in the programs to take care of the need.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That is actually a pretty standard sentence for those charges. I have arrested people for violent felonies with criminal histories that receive probabtion.

Wonder why police officers can have a crappy attitude sometimes. Well arresting the same people over and over again with no help from the judicial system is a major contributer.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

Uh. You realize that law enforcement and the court system are two branches of government right? Please.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Both Beiber and Zod hasn't done a dang thing I didn't do and most other young men. I do agree with your point, if I had ever been caught Id still be in jail. I just wish the media would leave Beiber alone, he never signed up to be a poster boy. What he did was get his homemade youtube videos noticed and became a star.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer
The only difference is that Oxi will be the same exact thing everytime. Ive had friends die from oxi but not molly.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lotusfoot
I just wish the media would leave Beiber alone, he never signed up to be a poster boy. .

Actually .. he literally DID sign up to be a poster boy. And it's the media attention that gets him the fame and the fame is what gets him the money. So he's gotta' have the attention. If the media were to leave him alone .. he'd go broke and he knows it.

Literally ... he signed up to be a poster boy

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yeah. It is outrageous he's not getting life in prison for drug possession. He really needs all of his freedoms taken away for the rest of his existence because he parties. Getting probation for a single felony and misdemeanor is not unusual. Especially if he doesn't have any priors, which I don't think he does. Annoying group of privileged little kids acting up. I am no fan, but the punishment is pretty fitting of the crime. I knew quite a few kids in high school with jars of e. None of them deserved to be in prison for life if they were pulled over and searched by cops.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LizardSlicks
Yeah. It is outrageous he's not getting life in prison for drug possession. He really needs all of his freedoms taken away for the rest of his existence because he parties. Getting probation for a single felony and misdemeanor is not unusual. Especially if he doesn't have any priors, which I don't think he does. Annoying group of privileged little kids acting up. I am no fan, but the punishment is pretty fitting of the crime. I knew quite a few kids in high school with jars of e. None of them deserved to be in prison for life if they were pulled over and searched by cops.

So what you're saying is... It's ok to Get 1 year in prison for pouring hotsauce on a dog - animal abuse but you should only get probation when holding DANGERIOUS illegal drugs that can KILL the people you're giving them to, enable date raping by altering the state of mind of the induvidual so they can not make clear choices for themselves, by distribution... He showed possession with intent to distribute. He even admitted it!! He's old enough to know full well of what he's doing.

By letting these lack of respect, lack of responsibility types who stand among the youth as ROLE MODELS, go free, they in turn teach our children that it's ok and they'll only get probation. All this when the opposite is true. If our kids did it... experamenting or not, they're going to prison. No pass go... throw the key away because you're such a bad little person, bend you over and make your life pointless... Prison!!! Why? Because we can't buy our children out of it like those who teach them. At some point, you stop teaching your children. No matter how much you've worked to keep them strait, some lil panzy azzed punk rolemodel who thinks they can falunt breaking the laws will influence your child in one way or another and this is what will happen. THIS is why I'm so very upset with this.

If this is just a normal thing for anyone... why are people actually going to prison for the very same and less?

edit on 2-5-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join