It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Day on Above Top Secret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hello, my name is King Kao and I've been creeping around the site for months and finally decided to male an account. I will be attending Mount San Antonio Community College in the city of Walnut, with the full intent of transferring, and will be trying out for the basketball team there. I am 19 years old and was born and raised in the state of California. My interests include sports, science and critical thinking. I also enjoy informational reading as well. I wanted to join the site for the sole purpose of seeing different opinions, thoughts and beliefs. All of which would be in a meaningful site for lively debate and discussion. I wasn't sure if I should have a longer post or not, so I'll stop typing now. I have a question about my name, can I change it? I didn't even realize that there wasn't a space in between King and Kao. It's bugging my eyes and triggering my OCD.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KingKao

Hi and welcome to ATS!

To fix you username ... simply make a new account as there is no way to fix that as far as I am aware of.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Kao is a big brand name soap in Japan. Do you wash your face with it? I don't buy it because it is too expensive. たかいです

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, KingKao. I'm also a newbie, having lurked behind the scenes for a long time. I'm happy to make your acquaintance.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hello and welcome.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

Thank you for the welcome. Odd thing is when I typed in 'King Kao', the search said that the name was taken. Maybe, I'll try to contact someone on the site or something.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I do not wash my face with it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InsideOutcast

Thank you for the welcome. New users unite!

link   
Awww, young blood. good to here about yourself, and Im looking forward to reading/seeing some of your responses! welcome friend! you're in a good community of critical thinkers and brilliant minds. (and some shills here and there) =p
edit on 1-5-2014 by Thisbseth because: Thpelling

link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Thank you for the welcome!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Thank you for the welcome. Glad to hear that, many sites boast a community of good debate that tends to go off the rails. The shills are to be expected, I suppose.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Very good, I'm glad you found ATS. I believe this is the best place on the web for young knowledge seekers, myself included. Catch you on the forums!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I only mention Kao soap because the wife bought it today and it was terribly expensive here. Just a small joke OK, and welcome to the site.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Welcome dear,glad there's someone near my age here!xD

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Welcome. There is a lot going on here.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Welcome KingKao

It's great to have you with us!

First, about your user name. Sorry, but we can't change it for you. If it gets too much for your OCD, then the only way round it is to register again with a new name. I checked and King Kao does not come up in the list of members in good standing, so it should be available. If it won't work then try doing it like King_Kao. That one should also still be available.

Now, the general welcome stuff!

You might know this already, but just to confirm, you need 20 posts before you can start any threads. (Except in this Introduction forum, that is.) Regarding our 20-post rule, perhaps I should just add that besides giving new members a chance to settle in, it also helps in picking up the obvious spammers before they can wreak too much havoc.

Here's some of the threads that are worth a visit early on:

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Important stuff!)
The ATS Freshmans Forum
and...
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

If you need help with anything, feel free to send a message to any of the staff. Just mouse over the “member” tag under any staff member's avatar, then click “send message”.

Also, if you see a post that you think is a problem under the T&Cs, then mouse over the poster's "member" tag like before, but this time click “ALERT!” and perhaps write a few words about why you've alerted it. The alert goes straight to staff (with a link to the post) and we'll look into it as soon as we can.

Anyway, have a good time and see you around the forums!

~Mike

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

Thank you for the welcome!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: skylamarie97

Thanks for the welcom! Same age bracket! Whoo!!!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Thanks for the welcome!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Aww, that sucks. Well, thanks for the information anyway. I may make another one or not (lol). Thank you for the leads and the welcome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join