It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian jets cross into Ukraine airspace

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorT

Ah yes MSM Source other wise known as AP headlines the same AP that have being lying for qutie of times just about number of artlices eve

Blaming Russia for this is utter nonsense.

I couldn't agree more with you said.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadcalm

So, Russian fighter jets have breached Ukraine's airspace...the world is just standing still and letting Russia bully another country that they know cannot fight back.

U.S. Conducts Spy Flight Over Russia
Moscow confirms it canceled flight last week

The spy flight originally was scheduled for April 14 but was canceled by Russia after a U.S. team for the flight failed to arrive near Moscow on time and Moscow refused temporarily to reschedule it.

A Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman also expressed anger on Monday over U.S. delays in certifying a new high-tech Russian aircraft to be used for spying missions over the United States under the Open Skies Treaty that permits limited legal spying over U.S. and Russian territory.

The State Department official said, however, that last week’s delay was the result of bad weather – despite radar images showing mostly clear skies over of Russia during the period of last week’s planned flight.

Source

By your logic...and I use that term loosely....the above article would make it clear what the US's intentions are...and that is to invade Russia.

Ridiculous at best.

Ponder this....what would the US do if the Russians staged a coup in Mexico...helped fascists and oligarchs take over the democratically elected government....and then when the Mexican people rose up in protest...the new government started killing it's own people??

Would they stand by and do nothing?

This Putin-phobia makes me sick. The US STARTED THIS. Not Vlad....now he is left to deal with the fruits of American meddling in the affairs of yet ANOTHER country that the US Gov has completely destabilized.

As for attacking countries that cannot defend themselves....America knows all about that...they have become masters at it. SUCH HYPOCRISY!!!

Your logic is so convoluted it's almost not worth responding to other than for setting the record straight.

You're comparing the Open Skies Treaty, designed to enhance mutual understanding and confidence by giving all participants, regardless of size, a direct role in gathering information about military forces and activities of concern to them. Open Skies is one of the most wide-ranging international efforts to date promoting openness and transparency of military forces and activities. The concept of "mutual aerial observation" was initially proposed to Soviet Premier Nikolai Bulganin at the Geneva Conference of 1955 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower; however, the Soviets promptly rejected the concept and it lay dormant for several years. The treaty was eventually signed as an initiative of US president (and former Director of Central Intelligence) George H. W. Bush in 1989.link

You're comparing the Open Skies Treaty to Unannounced and hostile flights by Russian Fighter Jets into Ukraine territory, escalating an already dangerous situation.

There's frankly NO COMPARISON and I'm surprised that someone of your post count would be comparing organic grapes to GMO watermelons and trying to make an equal comparison. This is the site to DENY IGNORANCE, correct?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Only if the report of Russian intrusions into Ukrainian airspace are made up. If true, then Russia is to blame.

If true, then this is Russia playing games. Perhaps they are after some Ukrainian to take a pot shot so they can play the "we were shot at first" act.

Regardless, restraint is required and Russia needs to diffuse the situation. After all, this continued game of brinksmanship is harming Russia more than the West. We need calmness.

Regards

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

So basically you just stick your fingers in your ears and keep your eyes closed because YOU don't like the source, It's quite funny really because since your post numerous media outlets are reporting this, not just Western media.

a reply to: Whereismypassword

If I told you the truth would it keep you alive? Turn your opinions on yourself. [snipped]

edit on 25-4-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Apr 25 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Ah yes MSM Source other wise known as AP headlines the same AP that have being lying for qutie of times just about number of artlices eve

So what is the solution? Distrust all information ever repeated here by anyone?
What is the solution, and why should we trust RT, the BBC, CNN?

There comes a point when you can't simply reject everything you don't want to be true. When so many news outlets and so many nations are all reporting the same thing, it's completely illogical to then claim that it's all "western propaganda"

Lets remember too that plenty of people repeated the nonsense that Russian forces were not in Crimea, claiming that was all propaganda too. Even Putin stated in front of his media that the forces in Crimea were all Crimean, before admitting last week that they WERE Russian forces, as all "propaganda" media had been reporting the whole time.

Regardless, none of this nonsense debating changes several facts...

1. Russia HAS broken international law and agreements by invading and annexing Crimea.
2. Amassing military on the border of Ukraine is a direct threat to Ukrainian security.
3. Russian aggression against Ukraine is a justifiable reason to increase security in neighboring nations.
4. Any incursion by Russian forces into the airspace of ANY NATION without permission is an act of aggression.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Only if the report of Russian intrusions into Ukrainian airspace are made up. If true, then Russia is to blame.
a reply to: paraphi

What I want to know is how could they know that it was a Russian jet?

The Ukranian military flies exactly the same jets as the Russian Air Force...the Sukhoi Su-27.

This just smacks of more western propaganda.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

You're comparing the Open Skies Treaty to Unannounced and hostile flights by Russian Fighter Jets into Ukraine territory, escalating an already dangerous situation.

A situtaion might I remind you that was maufactured by the CIA...again.

From the article in the OP's post...

U.S. officials said Friday that Russian fighter jets flew into Ukrainian airspace a handful of times over the last 24 hours, in what one called a continued provocation of the heightened tensions in the region.

I don't believe a word that some unnamed "U.S. official" said....and if you do, you should be ashamed of yourself....they are consumate liars and manipulators, as has been proven time and time again. They are certainly not above fabricating evidence to further their agenda.

As for provocation...what do you call overthrowing a democratically elected government that sits right on Russia's doorstep??

Moving warships into the Black Sea??

Moving troops into Poland?

Give me a break.

If my Open Sky's analogy doesn't sit well....then consider the fact that Russian "Bear" bombers routinely violate Canadian airspace over the arctic....does that automatically lead you to the conclusion that Russia intends to bomb Canada??

Canadian jets repel Russian bombers

Here

Russian bombers intercepted on eve of Obama visit

Here

Canadian Air Force intercepts Russian bombers over Atlantic

Here
edit on 25America/Chicagopm252014-04-25T17:49:16-05:00pmFriday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

edit on 25America/Chicagopm252014-04-25T17:49:52-05:00pmFriday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
It's in MSM so it must be true, I guess.

Gotta love these official stories without a shred of proof.

So without technicalities and all that jazz, this is another piece of propaganda news.

Didn't you say that before NATO provided proof of Russia's military build up, and then again after NATOs further evidence to Russia's blatant lies?

Let's see if there is soon any video evidence

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphi

What I want to know is how could they know that it was a Russian jet?

The Ukranian military flies exactly the same jets as the Russian Air Force...the Sukhoi Su-27.

This just smacks of more western propaganda.

There's this little thing called air traffic control and radar

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

LOLOLOLOL...would this be the same type of radar and traffic control that couldn't track the whereabouts of a certain Malaysian Airlines flight?

Look at the SOURCE for this claim that these so called Russian Jets had violated Ukranian airspace...an unnamed American official...if you believe that steaming pile of horseturd...well...I feel sorry for you.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm
Again you're making unrealistic comparisons, the Russian jets never went into sovereign airspace in the articles you're pointing to, this stuff happens all the time, and the situations were much, much different. I don't know how you can even try to make such comparisons.
You have a side you take and then you grasp at straws trying to justify your opinion which cannot be substantiated.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Russia HAS broken international law and agreements by invading and annexing Crimea.

Russia DID NOT annex Crimea....the Crimean people held a fair referendum an VOTED to return to Russia. What does International Law have to say about overthrowing a democratically elected government??

Amassing military on the border of Ukraine is a direct threat to Ukrainian security.

The CIA's support of a bunch of fascists and oligarchs in the overthrow of a democratically elected government right on Russia's border, creating instability and the possibility of a civil war is a clear threat to Russia's security.

Russian aggression against Ukraine is a justifiable reason to increase security in neighboring nations.

What Russian agression are you refering to exactly?? The Ultra-nationalist fascists in Kiev have been responsible for all the violence to date. How many Crimean's did the Russian kill again?? As of today...Russia has not violated the territorial integrity of the Ukraine by sending in Russian troops/ equipment.

Any incursion by Russian forces into the airspace of ANY NATION without permission is an act of aggression.

Do you have any CREDIBLE evidence other than some "US official's" word for it??

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You have a side you take and then you grasp at straws trying to justify your opinion which cannot be substantiated.
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Where do you think those Russian bombers were heading??? The only reason they didn't make it to Canadian Airspace is because they were intercepted by Canadian fighters.

But this is all just academic really, because there is not one shred of evidence other than some American official in Washington that this even happened....these so called jets could have belonged to the Ukranian Air Force for all we know and used as yet another popaganda tool to blame the Russians.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadcalm

It's still apples and oranges. Those aircraft don't enter Canadian airspace.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

It's still apples and oranges. Those aircraft don't enter Canadian airspace.

Be that as it may....there is still not one shred of credible evidence these incursion even happened.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think Russia and possibly the CIA are both to blame for this mess.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

a reply to: TritonTaranis

LOLOLOLOL...would this be the same type of radar and traffic control that couldn't track the whereabouts of a certain Malaysian Airlines flight?

Look at the SOURCE for this claim that these so called Russian Jets had violated Ukranian airspace...an unnamed American official...if you believe that steaming pile of horseturd...well...I feel sorry for you.

Really?

If you remember that maylasian airlines MH379 was tracked by radar and air traffic control before the incident and before the tracking was turned, off its a very popular news story I would have thought you knew this

Or are you just calling air traffic control and radar a big conspiracy? Would t suppose me from the position and camp you're in

Yes it come form As of now an unnamed US official

I'd suspect they're monitoring the situation very closely along with other western countries under the invite of Ukraine, as I said there will no doubt be video evidence if these flights continue, perhaps Ukraine might even bag itself one

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

A hypothetical question here. If some anonymous russian official claimed that NATO jets were violating russian airspace, would you accept it as fact? Or would you claim it was russian propaganda?

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   

But this is all just academic really, because there is not one shred of evidence other than some American official in Washington that this even happened....these so called jets could have belonged to the Ukranian Air Force for all we know and used as yet another popaganda tool to blame the Russians.

I think that what you mean is there is no "shred of evidence" that has been shared with you. I am not sure that the first thing that comes to the mind of the intelligence and military personnel looking over their radars is, "quivk, give deadcalm a call, ve have ze evidence"!

Sometimes it is just plausible that something has happened as reported and perhaps you need to look at this differently. Russia has not (yet) officially denied these allegations. If they did, then you would need to consider that they denied a military build up and that Russian soldiers were out-of-base in Crimea helping the referendum along. Both denials since proven and officially admitted false.

Regards

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Rocker2013

Russia HAS broken international law and agreements by invading and annexing Crimea.

Russia DID NOT annex Crimea....the Crimean people held a fair referendum an VOTED to return to Russia. What does International Law have to say about overthrowing a democratically elected government??

What? Under the shadow of tanks and machine guns and men in ski masks? And the fact that the elections were brought forwards? And what of the Tartars? I am sure they were brimming with excitement at the prospect of voting! Free and fair I think NOT!!! Had the voting taken place in more peaceful times and free of a military presence then I would say it was a fair election. Rather like the Scottish vote on whether or not to stay or leave the UK in September. I don't see tanks in Edinburgh when the voting takes place. Except for the famous Military Tattoo!!

edit on 26/4/14 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join