It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconscious Patient’s Cell Phone Captures Doctors Mocking Him During Colonoscopy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just when you thought you have heard everything, you read this about doctors.

A Virginia man is suing after his cell phone captured audio of doctors allegedly mocking him while he was under anesthesia for a colonoscopy.

The plaintiff, D.B., says doctors joked about firing a gun up his rectum and accused him of having STDs during his medical procedure.

www.opposingviews.com...
edit on 23-4-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
cell phones dont record stuff accidentally ... "He’s seeking $1 million in compensatory damages and $350,000 in punitive damages"

Oh wait...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'ts the twilight stuff you get for that, and you get to watch the action on a monitor!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I did medical sales after my time in the Army and so spent everyday in surgeries. There is an incredible lack of empathy and compassion for the patient during surgeries...shockingly so. The person is simply treated like a piece of meat, like they're training on cadavers just continued into their practices. Western medicine is supremely flawed!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
1 million in damages is a lot to ask for simply for being the butt end of a joke.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
butt end of a joke.

Colonoscopy, butt end. Punny humor.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Under the legal system a plaintiff can't ever receive more than they ask for in the initial complaint.

So lawyers always highball the estimate to avoid the potential for later malpractice suits (i.e. "I would've gotten so much more in damages, but for my lawyer not filing a high enough figure in the complaint.")

It's just a little legal CYA maneuver, but it usually comes across as overly scummy to people who don't understand how the judicial system works.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
1 million in damages is a lot to ask for simply for being the butt end of a joke.

Sir, you put the 'p-u' in pun.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

My sense of humor does stink sometimes. I just hope the patient in this case can put this all behind him when it's all said and done.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The hole thing is pretty rubbish, even the link shows how it is done. You are encouraged to watch the proceedings, especially if there are any polyps to be removed.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I really don't see why you'd even risk using the anesthesia with all the possible side effects. It's not really a surgery unless they find polyps and even then when their removed you don't even feel it. Who wants to sit around the hospital another hour waiting for the anesthesia to wear off and then have to get a ride home on top of it? Not me.

I highly recommend anyone who needs to undergo this procedure to do so without going under, unless you have a really low threshold for pain it's really not that bad. If you do forgo the anesthesia expect a somewhat suprised reaction from the hospital/clinic staff since almost everyone goes under.

As a bonus you get to see the inside of your colon and large intestine in all their colorful glory and witness the removal of any polyps as well.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
....so wait. You can sue someone now for making fun of you while you're unconscious?

Somebody needs to let all those Frat boys, that pass out drinking and end up with penises drawn on their foreheads with magic markers know about this!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

I highly recommend anyone who needs to undergo this procedure to do so without going under

LOL ... This ... from a guy with an NRO logo on his avatar ... combined with all the other tongue in 'cheeks' jokes ... had me rolling.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BBobb

If you think docs are bad, hang out with ambulance drivers sometimes... but yes, our medicine is very flawed in the West, despite some great things being done.

It just makes sense that treating the body gently and respectfully helps with healing and the "it's just meat" approach adopted by the medical culture is counter productive.

But there is an alarming lack of empathy everywhere... not just in the medical industry... it's just that we expect more from doctors, I guess. No more kindly gentlemen making house calls. Too bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
My friend was graduating nursing school and she had to assist with surgeries as part of her finals. She said a few times doctors would make fun a person during surgery. She said one doctor stopped during surgery to read and poke fun of a girls tattoo's. It's very scary what some doctors do!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Very well said my friend...

new topics

top topics

join