It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anywhere in the world, where would you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I know it's all doom and gloom on this site. Trust me sometimes it's overwhelming how angry or sad I can get here.
So I'm wondering, pick your personal paradise, and tell me why.
We all have that place we can escape to, a place that will always be a symbol of where we would rather be.
So.. What is yours?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Taiwan .. beautiful women , excellent food , friendly people .. and the occasional live boxing matches in parliament ..

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
Great choice.
Have you ever been there?
edit on 23-4-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Been there several times over the yearsand lived there for a time .. planning to go back for a visit in september

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
When I was in Northern Territory (Aus) we'd escape to a beach where we could camp and let our hair down. Gunn Point.
Set up camp, cook over a fire, hunt crab and fish off the beach. Truely one of the last places you can set yourself free not far from the city of Darwin. I would like to go back there sometime before I get too old.

Regards,

Bally.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Iceland, or somewhere else cold and beautiful. Failing that, back to Wales, more specifically the Brecon Beacons, and the Snowdonia National Park. Has to be some of the most gorgeous terrain that I have ever come across, and I love clambering about on the rocks and mountains there!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Away from here

Damn I hate my life right now.

I would happily live in the wild, growing food qnd scavenging.

Only thing I would miss is the internet - and maybe females! (Better make it a commune!!
)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ok....if any dream is possible......

I would cruise the whole American continent, bottom to top, on a bike...preferably a Harley.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I honestly only wish to see my own country,coast to coast and every nook and cranny in between. Every tourist trap and back road hidden gem. Just give me a motorhome and an unlimited gas card ....see ya!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
When I was in Northern Territory (Aus) we'd escape to a beach where we could camp and let our hair down. Gunn Point.
Set up camp, cook over a fire, hunt crab and fish off the beach. Truely one of the last places you can set yourself free not far from the city of Darwin. I would like to go back there sometime before I get too old.

Regards,

Bally.

Ah that sounds wonderful....I want to go there....

I was thinking New Zealand...never been but I have travelled quite a bit and its the one place I just really want to go to...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
One of the Scottish islands (there's hundreds, I'm spoilt for choice).

Maybe Iceland (good one TrueBrit).

Iceland's USP is that the energy bills are pennies - it's all geothermal over there.

Also good healthcare, good elderly care.

Always worth bearing in mind, I'll be elderly in about 5 minutes.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
France-- The Louvre!! Then to southern France to spend a month in the lavender fields.

Britain--I'm obsessed with the history!

Egypt--the pyramids..

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hehe Iceland always gets picked in these kind of threads. I agree with that choice too...think I'll just stay here!

If I had to go I'd pick Australia, Italy or The US (NY)

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
I know it's all doom and gloom on this site. Trust me sometimes it's overwhelming how angry or sad I can get here.
We all have that place we can escape to, a place that will always be a symbol of where we would rather be.
So.. What is yours?

My favourite place is San Francisco. I will stay there the whole July. Flight and hotel are booked. This year I booked a hotel near Japanese Tea Garden with san-francisco.hotelscheap .

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would go back to Norway, to see relatives that live there.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bali in Indonesia- awesome people. Really good food & cocktails, best massages ever, i have a nanny there that is amazing and affordable, here i could never afford a nanny lol everything is so cheap there and theres so much to do there!

Or Italy (Northern Italy) i have alot of family there i would love to meet and its so beautiful!
edit on 10-10-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I would love to travel to Egypt and see as much as possible while there, hopefully stay for a couple of months. To be able to see the pyramids in person, the huge statues at Luxor...gives me goosebumps

edit on 11-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Somewhere that fills my head with wonder. Anywhere that seems fresh and new and good for the attitude. Switzerland is a beautiful country that if I could right now I would vacate to.

originally posted by: rockintitz
So.. What is yours?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I've recently come into a struggle in my life that I'm trying to cope with, and something I feel like I really need to do to recover is to travel.

I would likely go to India and stay there for a while; live the local life, take my time. Indonesia would be on my list next. I would definitely travel Western Europe, as well. Specifically, I would take my time in Germany and France. I would go to England. I would go to Italy, probably Spain.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I want to and am planning on going to Panama this year. I hear its a good place to go for your money going farther and I would like to retire there if I like it after visiting it. I hear 'gringos' are always outside of the loop there and stay in their own communities pretty much,but with my darker skin,once I grasp the language well I should fit right in. Least that is what I'm hoping.

new topics

top topics

join