It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice Needed: Best Meal Replacement / Weight Loss Shake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
As spring approaches I feel the need to drop some pounds and wanted a simple way to get started. I have found in the past that instead of worrying about and preparing a nutritious yet savory meal; meal replacement shakes work well for me.

My problem is that now that I am becoming more aware of what is in our food I am also more concerned about what is in my shakes. I can hardly read the tiny ingredient list on the sides of the bottles, but from what I can make out it doesn't look good. So, has anyone found something healthy that I can use to replace meals with for a few weeks?

I have looked at some of the reviews online, but I don't trust them and they aren't looking to eliminate dangerous chemicals like I am.

ATS?

ETA: Any other tricks and tips for weight loss and exercise would also be welcome. I could use the help!

Honestly, just get whey powder of some sort.

Diet Whey, is now a new thing by some companies... To many people take this literal, it is not 'diet whey' it is purely a combination of ingredients that will help with fat loss; for instance, flaxseed oil, omega 3s, l'carnitine and green tea extract are all included as they have direct responses in helping our bodies metabolise fat and aid in insulin sensitivity.

The best supplement I could recommend without a price tag is;

High Quality Omega 3 (you don't need 6 as that's already massively available in our diets and 9 the body produces. Just worry about omega 3: if there was a weight loss magic pill then this is it!)

High Quality Whey Powders: Low carb, high protein content is what you're after.

--------------------------------------

I'm a qualified personal trainer and I work with a number of people in and outside of the gym.

Always happy to answer questions and honestly enjoy it so if you want more specific advice hit me up

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've used ready-made solutions, such as special milkshakes weightlosstop.com.... It's tasty and you don't need to cook one time per day. That's why it's perfect
But it works well only if you will stop to eat fats and carbs a lot and don't forget for regular exercises.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Twoun92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi there,
Here's a meal idea.
breakfast:
8 ounces vanilla light Silk soy milk, half a grapefruit , one sunny-side-up egg on a slice of whole wheat toast
227 calories, 26 g carbs, 8 g fat, 17 g protein, 6 g fiber.
www.hcgdietdrops.co...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hi there,
eating a banana every morning! potassium helps with bloating and gives you great energy. green tea also helps with giving you energy throughout the day and aids in digestion and burns fat faster. detox water : lemon mint leaves and cucumber. let leave them in the water overnight and drink in the morning/thought the day
remember every movement burns calories so keep active!
jewelry online

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I have used the low calorie meal replacement by myprotein.com for a lot of last year, it's a decent price, filled with vitamins/minerals and tastes good, also for me was very filling and satisfying.

Comes in around 250 calories a serving (if I remember right) so that is very decent if you're cutting, Sometimes if my calories permitted i'dd add a banana or some peanut butter to the shake, just for an extra boost.

As others stated it is easy to make up your own little meal replacement or alternative, but for some of us the replacement shakes are easy/convenient and work well, so it makes sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi there!

Sorry I am late getting to this post. I hope by now you've started a healthy nutrition and exercise plan!

For shakes, I like a good plant based (vegan) protein shake with lower calories but nutrient dense. I use Plant Fusion and I also use Vega Clean Protein. I mix the powder with coconut water, a variety of fresh veggies and sometimes a scoop of Amino Energy. I also add some organic green tea once in a while for an extra boost.

I find that a CRON plan works best for me. I don't know anything about you or your lifestyle so I can't really offer any suggestions there but if you'd like an assessment I am more than happy to provide you with some information. I follow a 100% clean and 100% vegan nutrition plan - very low calorie with nutritionally dense (optimal nutrition) foods. I also workout everyday of the week. I run, I dance, I practice MMA and Krav and I lift heavy (strong lifts 5x5) three days per week. I track my calories in/out and my macro's. And yes, I am a licensed nutritionist (general practice / holistic / sports).

(post by TimGonzalez removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

there is no " miracle "

eat less - excercise more - if this fails - you need PROFFESSIONAL medical addistance

use the kitchen scales - and ensure that portions are smaller

top topics

<< 1   >>

join