It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indicted Businessman Names Harry Reid as Alleged Recipient of Massive Bribe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What gives? I attempted to post a news item from the Las Vegas Review Journal and this is what happens? Automatically? How's that even possible?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I see this just " going away "

You all seem to forget who runs the show around here....

Do you think one set of criminals are gonna prosecute the other set of criminals....

As the late George Carlin said...

"It's a big club, and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club."

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
What gives? I attempted to post a news item from the Las Vegas Review Journal and this is what happens? Automatically? How's that even possible?

What was it about? Can you give a synopsis of it?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I agree but sometimes someone has to take a fall. Could be Harry is becoming too much a king pin for the likes of the Koch brothers. But agreed,

it's a real cool club on the other side of town
where the real cool kids
got to sit around and talk bad
about the other kids.
It's a real cool club and you're not part of it.

a reply to: Zaanny

edit on 21-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

What was it about? Can you give a synopsis of it?
It's from and article in today's Las Vegas Review Journal. It's about another indicted donor to Harry Reid's re-election campaign in 2010. He's scheduled to go to jail immediately, but his lawyer claims the judge has no jurisdiction to enforce the sentence because it's being appealed in the 9th Circuit in San Fran. The illegal contributions were probably payola for a land deal in Nevada as the guy was/is a developer.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
had the same happen for me too re posting with links to las vegas revue.
instant stomp on post, the articles looked fine; must be copyright
no PM about it either...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I think it's because of that old Righthaven Lawsuit deal

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think it's because of that old Righthaven Lawsuit deal

Thanks. Guess they don't need the internet traffic
I posted the link and not the article. Thought that was proper form.

edit on 16803Mondayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Im curious if this is the investigation into Reid that the DOJ dropped.

EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee

EXCLUSIVE:

FBI agents working alongside Utah state prosecutors in a wide-ranging corruption investigation have uncovered accusations of wrongdoing by two of the U.S. Senate’s most prominent figures — Majority Leader Harry Reid and rising Republican Sen. Mike Lee — but the Justice Department has thwarted their bid to launch a full federal investigation.

PHOTOS: Awesome rifles: The best and the baddest

The probe, conducted by one Republican and one Democratic state prosecutor in Utah, has received accusations from an indicted businessman and political donor, interviewed other witnesses and gathered preliminary evidence such as financial records, Congressional Record statements and photographs that corroborate some aspects of the accusations, officials have told The Washington Times and ABC News.

But the Justice Department’s public integrity section — which normally handles corruption cases involving elected figures — rejected FBI agents’ bid to use a federal grand jury and subpoenas to determine whether the accusations are true and whether any federal crimes were committed by state and federal officials.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What's that I hear falling?? JK.
We all know that ol Hairy will not be prosecuted.
His friends control the DOJ and local prosecutor(my assumption).
They control the money they control the game. We are just pawns.
I would imagine this businessman talking will commit suicide in his jail cell.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

"Haiti " again i see,,

www.clintonfoundation.org...

"Since 2010, the Clinton Foundation has raised a total of $34 million for Haiti"

Cough,,cough,,

Some Politicians just do it better.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
eh; harry reid is a corporatist in progressive clothing..

Pelosi is the same, a corporatist.

heck most of the senate dem's are absolutely awful, blue dog's or pseudo-liberals who basically are suckling at the same teat as their GOP counterparts

I can only think of 2 or so people(who hold "left-wing" views) still in congress who aren't corportatists pretending to be "progressively minded"; Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders.. there are probably a couple more, but regardless they're rare in the present.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Don't let those two fool you.

They're just a little better at casting illusions.

They're just as involved.

Sanders

Warren

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Don't let those two fool you.

They're just a little better at casting illusions.

They're just as involved.

Sanders

Warren

I would agree, anyone old hat has to have their hands dirty or they would have been eatin alive by now. I am sure its similar to an initiation but it ensures one won't rat on the other. They rarely eat there own.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Anybody can accuse anyone of anything. Let's see the proof.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How about BOTH????

I'd love to see Dingy Harry in the slammer...and the media leave the Bundy's alone!!

That's what I'd call a Win-Win!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
you'd say the same about Ron Paul and etc. right?

in anycase I think Warren; has at the very least done something, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, which has made some small gains here and there, no doubt facing difficulties along the way.

Sanders seems to actually say something, and at least with some sense of emotion. rather than Reids monotonous way of saying nothing.

Its important to note that they have actually come out or publically expressed frustration at the democratic party for their gross mishandling of everything, the poor policial play's, the lack of congress actually doing something, or having a backbone.

Which is more or less the problem with most so-called "progressives" nowadays; the democrats are spineless to actually pass progressive policies. And why wouldn't they be? they'd lose campeign doners.
edit on 22-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

This is old news. I remember looking into when the story broke. It looks like the middle man was shaking him down for quick money and no one said Harry Reid was ever contacted and nothing happened.

If Reid is guilty then he deserves to be tried...but reality also matters and when this was looked into, no one ever even tried to bribe Reid. Some guy was just "selling" the idea in hopes of a quick cash grab.

Let me know if I missed something, but that was what I remember when the story was actually news a year ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's not bribing, it's called lobbying. Mentally train yourself to whenever you hear lobbying, think of bribing. It really puts a lot of news reports into perspective.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join