It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indicted Businessman Names Harry Reid as Alleged Recipient of Massive Bribe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
*****NOTE***** The first link is to a article release April 17th 2014 but links to a SLC Tribune article from January 2013************

A Utah businessman is rocking both state and national politics after claiming Utah Attorney General John Swallow helped him broker a deal with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to make a federal investigation into his company quietly disappear, the Salt Lake Tribune reports.

The Salt Lake Tribune continues, explaining how the bribe supposedly came to be in 2010:

At the time, Johnson was largely known in Utah as a wealthy philanthropist who spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to ferry supplies into Haiti after the devastating 2010 earthquake.

Then, with the FTC investigation continuing, Johnson said Swallow suggested Reid could make problems with regulators go away — for a price.

“I said, ‘OK, what do I need to do?’ He’s like, ‘OK, it costs money,’ ” Johnson said, who claimed Swallow was adamant he make a deal.

“I think he told me, ‘Richard Rawle has a connection with Harry Reid,’ ” Johnson said.

Source

Original Source - SLC Tribune

Does anyone else find it interesting that when a political figure does something stupid to jeopardize someone else's money suddenly everyone comes out of the woodwork. If this is true and Reid did accept a bribe to silence an investigation and it gets blown wide open, than something tells me its damage control for the Bundy debacle. I am sure there are many who would like the Cliven Bundy story to go away.....Is this how they go about it?

I kinda love it when they eat there own, however, I'd rather see all guilty parties held responsible. Either way, if Harry does end up fallen from grace it would still be considered a victory to those who seek truth and justice.
edit on 21-4-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What did Harry say again???

Was it,,,,,,"People whom violate the laws and refuse to obey them are "DOMESTIC TERRORISTS"?????

hmmmmm, I wonder if Harry will pay for his crimes!

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Harry Reid is consistently showing himself as a filthy human being. When is the news gonna end!

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate Well I hope this guy has some rock solid evidence to prove this. Harry is getting caught up in a lot of scandals at the same time. Will be hard for his minions to keep a lid on all of it. Would love to see a sitting senator get the same treatment as one of the peons if any of these prove to be true.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
Harry Reid is consistently showing himself as a filthy human being. When is the news gonna end!

I would say either when the Bundy issue dies down or Harry goes to jail. One or the other.

Something tells me he is turning into the fall guy here. He was asked again I believe today if he stands by his comments of Bundy being a domestic terrorist and he fuddled his way but dug in his heels. He is being set up to protect other interests no doubt. At least this is my take on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
a reply to: Rosinitiate Well I hope this guy has some rock solid evidence to prove this. Harry is getting caught up in a lot of scandals at the same time. Will be hard for his minions to keep a lid on all of it. Would love to see a sitting senator get the same treatment as one of the peons if any of these prove to be true.

Agreed, someone pulled the trigger on this. Called up someone in Utah to level charges on Johnson. Johnson in turn exposes Harry. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ah well, another day in the life of our beloved leaders. You can bet your bottom dollar that this will quietly be swept under the rug if true.

Why is it that everyone knows politicians are filthy, greedy liars but never believe a single word spoken against them?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ah Curiouser and curiouser, me thinks maybe this has been political theater and serious political infighting over the future of energy in the US. Perhaps this is MUCH bigger than we have been thinking.

So conservatives are fighting to rollback State legislation on Solar Energy and big surprise Koch brothers got their dirty mitts in it. The world is but a stage....

The Koch brothers and large utilities have allied to reverse state policies that favor renewable energy. Environmentalists are pushing back, but the fight is spreading and intensifying.

The institute has warned power companies that profits could erode catastrophically if current policies and market trends continue. If electricity companies delay in taking political action, the group warned in a report, "it may be too late to repair the utility business model."

LA Times

So now it seems we have a pickle. Support the Koch brothers attack on the solar industry via their attack on Harry Reid...(tempting) or see it for what it is and still arrest Harry but still fight back on solar energy? WHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is no surprise, even a micron. Now when they find the dirt on Pelosi, and there must be a mountain.....

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I'd honestly be surprised if he goes to jail. My experience of a few decades here on Earth is that high-profile people rarely go to jail. If anything, it's a slap on the wrist. If anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Anyone in politics as long as Reid has had to make "compromises", just wondering how many were actually legal? Guess we'll be finding out soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm sure the forum liberals will be in here at any moment to denounce this trash bag.

*crickets*

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Is nice to know how much crap is behind Harry Reid, interestingly I am amazed how they get away from public scrutiny, I guess money talks BS walk, sadly people still vote to keep this trash in positions of power.

He is not the only one in congress with the same list of corrupted misdeeds.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is nice to know how much crap is behind Harry Reid, interestingly I am amazed how they get away from public scrutiny, I guess money talks BS walk, sadly people still vote to keep this trash in positions of power.

He is not the only one in congress with the same list of corrupted misdeeds.

This nation is ran by business and business deals. If something attacks profits they will find a way to make villain that opposition whether morally just or not. The trick for them is making it look morally gray until the law doesn't suit their needs anymore and than they reverse legislation.

All the while we are but pawns promoting one side or the other half the time unawares and not knowing any better. No one can ever tell me one party is more morally just than the other. We needn't look back further than the past decade. Does anyone really think all that happened during the Bush term wouldn't have happened? In the end the two party system is what is bleeding america.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So this story is well over a year old (PUBLISHED JANUARY 12, 2013 10:10 PM), what ever came of it or are we just supposed to marvel at it because you found it on a site promising you a daily dose of conservative propaganda?

Let's set that aside for a minute and look at the content.

Jerry Johnson, indicted businessman, says that Utah Attorney General John Swallow told him that a third person, Richard Rawle had a connection with Harry Reid.

“I think he told me, ‘Richard Rawle has a connection with Harry Reid,’ ” Johnson said.

On Oct. 7, Johnson emailed Rawle, insisting there was “rock solid proof” the FTC allegations against I Works were false. “We will do whatever it take[s] to get Senator Reid on our side and hopefully you can help make it happen. Let me know.”

So basically the allegation being made is that Johnson paid Rawle to lobby Harry Reid and of course there's no paper trail so nobody knows if a payment was made (to Rawle) and if it was, what Rawle did with it but we do know that the lawsuit didn't go away and the icing on the cake is that this upstanding citizen didn't come forth with his story until a month after the alleged bag man died of cancer?

Wow.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So this story is well over a year old (PUBLISHED JANUARY 12, 2013 10:10 PM), what ever came of it or are we just supposed to marvel at it because you found it on a site promising you a daily dose of conservative propaganda?

So basically the allegation being made is that Johnson paid Rawle to lobby Harry Reid and of course there's no paper trail so nobody knows if a payment was made (to Rawle) and if it was, what Rawle did with it but we do know that the lawsuit didn't go away and the icing on the cake is that this upstanding citizen didn't come forth with his story until a month after the alleged bag man died of cancer?

Wow.

You are very right. Good catch!

So it actually reinforces my point that this is a multi-pronged attack on Reid to kill this Solar deal. At least that is what I am beginning to see. So perhaps the Koch brothers might have had some lobbying done with militias (purely speculative as I have no proof) to get them to cause a ruckus and bring some of Harry's shady dealing out in the light to force the solar company deal to end.

So the LA times published the story on: By Evan Halper
April 19, 2014, 9:00 p.m.

Koch Brothers assualt on Solar

something tells me this ties in to the whole thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Demand arrests. Demand hearings.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just a little more Dirty Harry news. He had to have demanded the contributions as payola for some type of preferential treatment for this guy Whittemore. He has/had a development company. Land deals are pretty slimy in Nevada.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Just a little more Dirty Harry news. He had to have demanded the contributions as payola for some type of preferential treatment for this guy Whittemore. He has/had a development company. Land deals are pretty slimy in Nevada.
I clicked post and this is what appeared? It never even appeared to be handled this way. What gives? It's a news story. Harry Reid have friends in other places we should know about?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join