It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
With all the hubub of Area 51 and Dullce I was watching a report on UFO's on Discovery and there was about a 15 min segment on Russia. Well and it shocked me becuase the Russian Goverment is pretty open ( in a sense) about UFO'S They also a sort of MJ12 group that makes public ( who knows if its true disinformation is a big trend now) documents of sightings etc.
Does anyone have any info on Russia and it's Groom Lake???

posted on May, 25 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In an special report obtained by SPACE.com, two of Russia's leading UFO investigators have summarized the results of the Soviet Union's official 13-year study of UFO reports.

They maintain that the Western media claims of "secret KGB files" and "captured aliens" are untrue.

"One can hardly imagine a greater absurdity," they write, although they do admit that their own research program (1978-1990) was indeed classified "SECRET" at the time and that there remained cases that could not be explained.

The investigators, Dr. Yuliy Platov of the Academy of Sciences and Colonel Boris Sokolov of the Ministry of Defense, wrote up their conclusions for an issue of the official Reports of the Academy of Sciences journal, published in Moscow. Dr. Platov forwarded an advance copy of the report to SPACE.com.

www.space.com...

Russian General speaks Out!
Interview with Major-General Vasily Alexeyev of the Russian Air Force.
Space Communications Centre, Moscow, 1997
On behalf of 2000 FILM PRODUCTIONS, Michael Hesemanns internationally active company, our Russian co-worker and correspondent Valery Uvarov interviewed one of the most knowledgeable Russian/Ex-Soviet Generals, Major General Vasily Alexeyev, on the subject of UFOs. The text was released exclusively in the German edition of MAGAZINE 2000plus in May 2000.

ufoarea.bravepages.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I beleve the base is called the Saratov(Pronounced: Sara-ti-off (I think that's the pronounciation)). The base is in a very isolated part of Russia. That's about all I know for sure.

Tim

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
I beleve the base is called the Saratov(Pronounced: Sara-ti-off (I think that's the pronounciation)). The base is in a very isolated part of Russia. That's about all I know for sure.

Tim

This is what I found on Saratov:
"Saratov's 8.5 million hectors of agricultural land are rich in grain. In the Volga region Saratov is a leader in grain farming, cattle breeding and food processing."

Saratov

Saratov is a plain city in Russia.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The logical place for a Russian Area-51 in the sense of UFO technology is Kasputin Yar IMO. Highly secret dealing with advanced techonlogy, with many UFO sightings in the area and a reported huge underground section of the base.

The Soviets even relocated a whole town that turned out to be too close to the base after villlagers started reporting UFOs.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The logical place for a Russian Area-51 in the sense of UFO technology is Kasputin Yar IMO. Highly secret dealing with advanced techonlogy, with many UFO sightings in the area and a reported huge underground section of the base.

Are you referring to the Kapustin Yar cosmodrome? I know it was used extensively shortly after world war II to study V2 rockets but eventually most of the programs were phased out to Plestesk or Baiknour. They claim it's used for missile testing...who knows. It seems the west was interested.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Reports suggest Kasputin Yar is still very much in active. Its where most russians testing of advanced rockets and missiles goes on. Its highly secretive and tied in with alot of Russian UFO lore. Theres reports of a massive underground complex extending a quartermile below ground where alien technology is worked on.

The USA is very much interested in it. Its said the first U2 spy plane mission into Soviet Airspace was taking pictures of Kasputin Yar.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My granfather worked for Saratov and another cosmodrome for 40+ years. I discussed this in another thread. Any info you guys want to know ask me and I can ask him.

posted on Apr, 1 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
mrjenka did he ever mention any rumors of anything to do with UFOs? Even second or third hand information would be interesting concerning Russia and UFOs. Not nearly enough of that stuff around in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Russians knows how to hide something like that, not this what usa, everybody knows about area 51, and where it is...
Nobody knows about russian area 51

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've known of it's existence ever since playing UFO: AfterMath for the PC, and i do believe that Kasputin Yar was the name of the location - it's a place you go to looking for alien research after Groom Lake.

There is an airbase not very far from Saratov, however - they seem to be having a bit of fun flying about in old relics and one or two unique aircraft, but i don't think they're doing anything special down there.

As for Kasputin, i think it's most likely this is the real deal.

Good luck trying to find it on google maps though.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Has anyone found Kasputin Yar on google earth? this is where it should be 48°24'20.78"N 45°42'27.24"E or here 48.34n 45.55e if you watch the start of this doc on youtube: www.youtube.com... but theres nothing there, the nearest base is in Akhtubinsk here 48°18'25.99"N 46°13'46.06"E there are many fighters and other aircraft there but I think this base is to close to a big town/city to be anything secret?

Edit: I have now found Kasputin Yar here 48°38'31.24"N 45°45'24.18"E

Also here 51°30'59.86"N 45°56'30.04"E is Saratov with its air bases and over the river is Engels home of Engels-1, Russia's largest and most active strategic bomber base.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by immortal pagan]

[edit on 11-8-2008 by immortal pagan]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Are you talking about Tunguska?

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Tunguska was the massive explosion reported to be the crash site of a mothership ufo or meteoroid and is nowhere near Kapustin Yar

top topics

join